Dublin Forum

SIX In A Row In The Bag

(Oldest Posts First)

Jesus a lot of happy chappies in Dublin after removal of the terminator Clifford and his band of merry men.

I was happy for Cork for 5 mins but then realized apart form Donegal there is nobody left to give ye a game.
Mayo might be lucky and get over Galway but 8 green horns in the team hardly whats going to dethrone ye.

Maybe Donegal will make it hard for a while but thats about it

club51 (Mayo) - Posts: 343 - 09/11/2020 13:48:20    2306805

Link

Replying To club51:  "Jesus a lot of happy chappies in Dublin after removal of the terminator Clifford and his band of merry men.

I was happy for Cork for 5 mins but then realized apart form Donegal there is nobody left to give ye a game.
Mayo might be lucky and get over Galway but 8 green horns in the team hardly whats going to dethrone ye.

Maybe Donegal will make it hard for a while but thats about it"
There is absolutely no way any of us are thinking that way.
Definitely not...!

Lots of twists and turns yet - playing week in week out in Winter conditions, anything can happen.

We need to take one game at a time, or else we will end up like kerry with egg on our face.

Any from Donegal, Mayo or Galway could realistically win Sam this year.
Or even Meath - if RD is looking in...!

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 3337 - 09/11/2020 14:01:07    2306812

Link

Replying To Fionn:  "There is absolutely no way any of us are thinking that way.
Definitely not...!

Lots of twists and turns yet - playing week in week out in Winter conditions, anything can happen.

We need to take one game at a time, or else we will end up like kerry with egg on our face.

Any from Donegal, Mayo or Galway could realistically win Sam this year.
Or even Meath - if RD is looking in...!"
Ah come on Mayo and Galway at a very long stretch but Meath come on . Were you able to type that without laughing?

club51 (Mayo) - Posts: 343 - 09/11/2020 14:53:21    2306835

Link

Replying To club51:  "Ah come on Mayo and Galway at a very long stretch but Meath come on . Were you able to type that without laughing?"
It was tongue in cheek - especially for Royaldunne (RD). ;o)

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 3337 - 09/11/2020 14:59:49    2306840

Link

It got easier no doubt but Dublin are on the tougher side having to play a battle hardened Ulster side so no guarantee they'll even make the final never mind winning #6

There's history to play for this year

Not only a 6 in a row or a 5.25

But there's a record to match dating back to the 1970s Dubs side who reached 6 finals in a row with no back door needed.

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 20167 - 11/11/2020 18:38:19    2307722

Link

6 in a Row in the bag..... well it is now...!

Wow - I didnt think we would win this year with Jim gone, Jack gone, Dermo gone ....

It is an incredible achievement by this team..... it really is....

6 All Ireland Titles in a Row - still has not set in.... buzzing for the half dozen as many have said... ;o)

Unbelievable hunger, desire, unrelenting will to win, and truly super ability by these Dublin players.
Their joyous celebrations at full time showed me that they still have the appetite for more...
but I wont mention next year and what is up for grabs...

Dublin's 8th Sam Maguire in 10 glorious years and 30th overall.

We registered six of the last seven points to win Sam this year, and went through the Championship without conceding a single goal. Quite remarkable.

10 Leinster Titles in a Row also...

And to Davy Byrne - I eat my hat buddy.... ;o)

#Du6s
#LEGENDS
#The Joy of Six
#6inaRow

Atha Cliath Abú.
Come on the Du6s

ps. To Mayo - sincerest hard luck guys... you ran us sooo close for so much of that game - it was a real battle. Fair play...

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 3337 - 19/12/2020 21:39:14    2324167

Link

Replying To Fionn:  "6 in a Row in the bag..... well it is now...!

Wow - I didnt think we would win this year with Jim gone, Jack gone, Dermo gone ....

It is an incredible achievement by this team..... it really is....

6 All Ireland Titles in a Row - still has not set in.... buzzing for the half dozen as many have said... ;o)

Unbelievable hunger, desire, unrelenting will to win, and truly super ability by these Dublin players.
Their joyous celebrations at full time showed me that they still have the appetite for more...
but I wont mention next year and what is up for grabs...

Dublin's 8th Sam Maguire in 10 glorious years and 30th overall.

We registered six of the last seven points to win Sam this year, and went through the Championship without conceding a single goal. Quite remarkable.

10 Leinster Titles in a Row also...

And to Davy Byrne - I eat my hat buddy.... ;o)

#Du6s
#LEGENDS
#The Joy of Six
#6inaRow

Atha Cliath Abú.
Come on the Du6s

ps. To Mayo - sincerest hard luck guys... you ran us sooo close for so much of that game - it was a real battle. Fair play..."
Congratulations Dublin, a fantastic achievement. An enjoyable game but full of errors by both teams. Not that that will both youse. The short turn around and short season should discourage any retirements. Huge incentive now for those select players to win one more and be clear at 9 AI medals on their own. Some operators!

foreveryoung (USA) - Posts: 151 - 20/12/2020 02:26:34    2324337

Link

https://www.facebook.com/460562087288422/posts/3809995839011680/?sfnsn=wa

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year all.
Enjoy the muted celebrations during the hols.
Above is a very catchy song doing the rounds, to get you in the mood ;o)

Come on the Du6s
Atha Cliath Abú.

#6inaRow

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 3337 - 20/12/2020 09:30:10    2324379

Link

The greatest Gaelic footballers ever to have represented Dublin without a shadow of a doubt. We are truly privileged to have lived through this era and to have witnessed history in the making. They are truly legends. I have said it before, but I will repeat it again "These are the 'Rare Old Times'!!!!!!

PatdeB16 (Dublin) - Posts: 9 - 20/12/2020 14:29:29    2324575

Link

Interesting interview with King Con:-

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2021/0113/1189535-ocallaghan-not-taking-all-ireland-haul-for-granted/

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 3337 - 14/01/2021 10:19:28    2327355

Link