National Forum

Fermanagh GAA thread

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Bogue all at sea for the first goal. Cue the backlash for having an opinion.

FoolsGold (Cavan) - Posts: 2739 - 17/02/2024 15:17:02    2526487

Link

Replying To FoolsGold:  "Bogue all at sea for the first goal. Cue the backlash for having an opinion."
I actually think it wasn't his fault, he was positioned correctly but the ball was needlessly brought into a tackle by an outfield player and turned over which saw led to the goal. Was no doubt a huge turning point in the game.

Competitive first half but quality wasn't great bar the odd super score. Gap was clear to be seen in the second half but that's as poor as I've seen Fermanagh play in a while and you won't get away with it playing top teams like Donegal. Learning curve for a young team. I think we desperately need McGurn back in FF.

Luckily for us, Donegal away was never going to be a decider in the league and we need to turn focus to upcoming games. They're a great group and I've no doubt they'll bounce back. Cork losing again today makes next week's match incredibly important and we need to make sure we don't fall to a defeat.

Bailah (Fermanagh) - Posts: 42 - 17/02/2024 20:00:34    2526540

Link

Replying To FoolsGold:  "Bogue all at sea for the first goal. Cue the backlash for having an opinion."
Why was McNally not used??? Take away Donegal goals, then the scoreboard would have been more appealing. Was good first half but in the second half dispossession became too much of a feature. Too many mistakes. Cullens were strangled. Anyway, it was always going to be tough. Cork being beaten next weekend is a must!

TurnipHead. (Fermanagh) - Posts: 243 - 17/02/2024 21:59:28    2526567

Link