National Forum

Mayo GAA Thread

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

That was the worst performance I seen from the minors all year. They were still by far the better team against a Kerry team which unusually was very defensive.

I'd urge caution for the final. Galway have been improving and will be a much different prospect this time around.

It would be a shame if our lads don't go and finish the job now.

yew_tree (Mayo) - Posts: 10965 - 25/06/2022 21:38:56    2427514

Link

Replying To yew_tree:  "That was the worst performance I seen from the minors all year. They were still by far the better team against a Kerry team which unusually was very defensive.

I'd urge caution for the final. Galway have been improving and will be a much different prospect this time around.

It would be a shame if our lads don't go and finish the job now."
Perhaps "efficient" was the wrong word to use about yesterday. But I was impressed that we could malfunction from the kickouts and frees and still beat a Kerry team who had boxed us in. Young Clarke conjured a goal from nothing and the forwards kept the scoreboard ticking over. Very rare in a Mayo side that our forward line may be the strongest unit in our team.

Galway will be a different proposition in the final, and it may not help that we are playing them for a third time this year. But if the management team can keep the squad focused then we have a good chance.

Irrespective of the result, there are several very decent prospects in this minor team, which is a good omen, given that for several years previous we had been getting hammerings at this level from Ros and Galway.

Gleebo (Mayo) - Posts: 2101 - 26/06/2022 10:40:22    2427541

Link

Unlucky Mayo was hoping ye would beat Kerry but not to be. Will be sad to see the likes of Cillian, Keegan and O Shea and Mc Loughlin go, good servants and would walk into any team in Connacht. I feel Mayo were too one dimensional this year and with players like Durcan and Ruane very poor all year, it was going to be tough.

TheRock2121 (Donegal) - Posts: 822 - 27/06/2022 09:26:28    2427843

Link