Carlow Forum

It Starts Again (Club Hurling)

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Probley the final everyone has wanted to see since 05, Naomh Eoin have a great record in finals while MLR have a poor record coinsidering how many there after been in, but Naomh Eoin have never beaten rangers since 05 when they really had to. I think dis is goin to be really though one to call im goin to go with Naomh Eoin i think they will be the hungerer of the 2, Six years is a long time not 2 have got to a count final.

thereferee (Carlow) - Posts: 40 - 13/09/2011 11:10:06    1033294

Link

is there a change for throw in times for the minor hurling semi-finals on saturday

burmabullet (Carlow) - Posts: 29 - 15/09/2011 19:11:46    1035543

Link

Well People, Its nearing who will win it sunday?????

oki (Carlow) - Posts: 38 - 26/09/2011 12:54:11    1042213

Link

Oki id say old leighlin if mark brennan is fit, otherwise Eire Og.

pennypincher (Carlow) - Posts: 777 - 26/09/2011 17:00:10    1042439

Link

Mlr by 4/5 is my prediction.

old yellar (None) - Posts: 2624 - 26/09/2011 19:53:57    1042541

Link

Hasn't been the best of standards so far, but I'd say the final will be worth the money in. Think MLR will take it by 3 or 4 pts.

The Real 1944 (Carlow) - Posts: 1114 - 26/09/2011 20:55:34    1042604

Link

I think the result might depend on the way the game is reffed, I think if david huges lets it flow and lets Naomh Eoin get in big hits on MLR then i can see Myshall winning by a point or so, But if he blows for every little thing Rangers will win by 5/6 pts.

thereferee (Carlow) - Posts: 40 - 28/09/2011 15:20:00    1043450

Link

i would agree with you 100% thereferee,if hughes is going 2 keep giving frees to the rangers this final wont be a contest because paul coady will slot them over all day long but if hughes lets it flow and let the game go a little bit in to a good tough game myshall have every chance itl b a cracker of a final if he lets it flow

puck_out (Carlow) - Posts: 22 - 28/09/2011 20:26:24    1043608

Link

hopefully both teams go out and give it a proper good crack and we get a good close game with soem good hurling to make up for an overall poor championshp. best of luck to both sides on the day

urhavinalaugh (Carlow) - Posts: 73 - 30/09/2011 16:43:28    1044651

Link

Best of luck to rangers on sunday,hopefully ye will prove everyone wrong by the way they said ye are in decline after 2 first round games.

TopFan (Carlow) - Posts: 166 - 01/10/2011 09:47:23    1044832

Link

Sportie
County: Carlow

914984 So its nearly Here.

Who Will Win the Championship this Year?????

I'm going with Bagnelstown Champions.
ST Mullins Runners Up
Myshall & Naomh Brid Beaten Semi Finalists.

Not v good sportie!

Hope its a good game. myshall are good in the air at the backs as v st mullins in first half. they have nifty hurlers too. i think the tactical play of john coady could be important if he starts at 11. he pulled jacko around 2 years ago and created space. i thinkl he ll be given the same brief tom.

old yellar (None) - Posts: 2624 - 01/10/2011 11:54:55    1044864

Link

well? darw a fair result? wasnt the greatest of affairs but it neither team will mind that. defences on top. think myshall had 2 points from play from robbie and shane. hard to know who ll win replay.

old yellar (None) - Posts: 2624 - 02/10/2011 20:56:00    1045406

Link

Very poor game. Rangers are an absolute shambles. Every time you go and see them you think it can't get any worse and everyday it does. Only the fact that Myshall were so poor did they survive yesterday. Richard Coady must be wondering what he did wrong yesterday to be taken off and that isn't the first time this year. Our midfield and forwards were completely outplayed yesterday and they need to have a serious look at themselves.
What's happened to the free flowing hurling team of 2-3 years ago? This team has gone backwards at a rate of knots in the past year or two. I would have no confidence for the replay unfortunately. I would love to believe that they will win but at this stage it will only because opposition is so poor.

aragorn1 (Carlow) - Posts: 156 - 03/10/2011 10:33:42    1045486

Link

taught myshall wer lucky to get a draw 2 be honest rangers had sum bad wides in first half think myshall will win next sunday as it will give myshall more confidence think it cud set rangers back a bit like 3 points up couple min 2 go they should have held on but they just wer not able 2 finish it out taught martin clowery and michael mullins and damien roberts wer myshalls best players and what abot myshalls great record in replays

caman123 (Carlow) - Posts: 141 - 03/10/2011 11:03:33    1045512

Link

as a neutral yesterday hurling wasnt great overall but was a real tough hard fought game yesterday i enjoyed. credit to both sets of players as conditions werent great. pitch seemed greasy and heavy after previous few days bad weather which didnt help their cause for quick hurling. very dogged game with some real tough hard hurling at times. got a bit scrappy in second half with rangers just not able to finish myshall off and overall both teams probably derserve another crack at it.

urhavinalaugh (Carlow) - Posts: 73 - 03/10/2011 17:45:00    1045809

Link

Poor enough stuff yesterday. But obviously conditions were no help. Saying that it was interesting all the way cos of how close it was, and there was some great determination from both sides.
Defences ruled and yet again it shows the main problem the county side has too, just can't score enough to win games. There was no stand out forward. When 1 side gets 8 of 10pts from frees, it sums up a poor game.

Hopefully next Sunday we get a dry day and a better display by both. Very hard to call now, before the game I tipped MLR to win by 4 but now not so sure.

The Real 1944 (Carlow) - Posts: 1114 - 03/10/2011 18:55:36    1045854

Link

Dont usually subscribe to these forums but yesterdays game drove me to distraction.

Facts are that Rangers have regressed so much in the past couple of years that they are almost a shawdow of themselves. There are a couple of reasons for this in my opinion.

Some of the players have come to the end of the road. Not that many but 1 or 2. These need to be thanked for their contribution which has been imense and politely shown the door.

A couple more are incapable and always have been of performing when the pressure is really on. In all county finals todate they have never performed as they do in the league section when matches are not do or die. Again this is a small number. Again thanks for what you have contributed now move along.

Another problem is that when Rangers were performing to the top of their ability it was when a lot more of them were playing for the county team. Since some of them have given up the county scene their performance have dropped conciderably.

Finally they have persisted with the same setup at managment level for the past couple of years when it has patently not been working. As Aragorn1 has stated this was shown up yesterday and almost cost them another title. The reason for this is that most of the players i have already cited wanted the same lads in charge as it was the only way of ensuring their own places on the team. Most people in the club know that but its too late to make a change to that this year but for next year it needs to be sorted.

rangerman (Carlow) - Posts: 2 - 03/10/2011 22:05:30    1045977

Link

Was it not for our oldest player on the panel we would not have a second chance at it and we want to tell the older lads to move.Would agree with some of your points but don't be painting all the older lads with the one brush

TopFan (Carlow) - Posts: 166 - 04/10/2011 13:07:14    1046143

Link

ye rangers boys on here are making some points here bout guys moving on as the getting older and some lads not good enough in a tough game like sun.just looking at the program from sun lads and even though the same could be said for all teams mlr didnt have that many options on their bench even resorting to putting one of yur players back on after he was taking off. so if ye saying move on some older guys who to be fair in the carlow shc and the standard i think would have a few more years in them, who u going to replace them with. ye do have a few really good young lads down there but i would think they need a few more years to be up to senior standard. now as i said every team is te same they have bout 18-20 lads after that teams start to run thin on players that can replace what you have. just wondering what ye think.

urhavinalaugh (Carlow) - Posts: 73 - 04/10/2011 13:32:22    1046156

Link

Hope co. board bring down cost of replay on Sunday. Tenner is plenty to charge considering its a replay and they already got a replay with eire og and OL last week. Time for a bit of consideration for hard pressed supporters given economic mess we're in.

pennypincher (Carlow) - Posts: 777 - 04/10/2011 15:23:02    1046288

Link