Monaghan Forum

Frank Brady:An Appreciation

(Oldest Posts First)

Following decision to make Garret Could the minor manager, this means Frank not been a manager of a county team for first time since 2008. Just want to say thanks to the legend that is Frank,he brought the hurlers from been unfit to field a team to silverware, then the minors a first Ulster crown in near 70 years. Legend of a man and thank you

carcracker (Monaghan) - Posts: 183 - 04/11/2014 08:08:18    1669509

Link

Considering that the senior hurling post is vacant perhaps he might consider throwing his hat in the ring for it again.

oriel.fan (Monaghan) - Posts: 57 - 04/11/2014 08:52:56    1669521

Link

If he does orielfan then they will win the Nicky rackard

carcracker (Monaghan) - Posts: 183 - 04/11/2014 12:42:12    1669594

Link

While I would like to add my appreciation to the plaudits for Frank Brady I think it is only fitting that some reality must be added.Was it not Dinky McBride that took over and steered the minors to the Ulster title.If anyone has any doubts about this ask any of the players and they will let you know who pulled them together and without him we would not have won the minors.I also remember attending some of the hurling training when Frank was in charge 6 or 7 players turning up for training ,to me that,s not the stuff of legends.Looking forward to a bright future with the new management teams we have in place now and I am sure Frank will never be too far away to offer his advice if asked to do so."The Farney Hammer"

farneyhammer01 (Monaghan) - Posts: 24 - 07/11/2014 15:39:21    1670491

Link

Its was join effort by Frank, Dowd, McBride and Marron all 4 men played their part the minor success, as for 6 or 7 players at hurling training that can't be Franks fault .The question is why after getting a monaghan minor team to an all-ireland semi-final is this managment team still not working together.

bigbarneyross (Monaghan) - Posts: 135 - 07/11/2014 15:53:58    1670497

Link

It was wrong indeed of me not to name Noel Marron and indeed Mick O,Dowd for the part they played in the minor success of 2013.The commitment and the service that these two great Monaghan Gaels have given was not and indeed could never be questioned.They indeed played a huge part in this success.bigbarneyross asked why this management team is still not in charge maye the fact that 5 coaches stood down in year one,in year two the entire backroom team stood down.Something must not be right if this happened.And finally this year the back room team that F.B had stood against him for the position.Enough said about the past it is now time to look forward to the future and support all out teams and our County.C,mon the Farney.

farneyhammer01 (Monaghan) - Posts: 24 - 07/11/2014 20:19:42    1670585

Link

I was talking to Frank in early January 2013......Nobody wanted the job,he took it and put a backroom team together that went all the way and won the Ulster League and the Ulster Minor Championship.......

Nobody on here can take that away from Frank as he was the manager of the team.The only sour note was the team line out and performance in the All Ireland semi final against Mayo,although Mayo were a class outfit we did not help our case by setting up the way we did.

Anyways thanks for your time and commitment Frank,that second half performance in the Ulster Final will never ever be forgotten by the Hardcore Monaghan people..........again THANK YOU.

hardcore (Monaghan) - Posts: 1366 - 09/11/2014 14:10:26    1670836

Link