Leitrim Forum

Championship Conclusion.

(Oldest Posts First)

For the first year ever most people has been able to watch all club championship games whether it be virtual or in person.
therefore we can finally have our most accurate team of the championship.
With that what is our team of the championship 1-15.
player of the year.
up and coming player stars for county.
game of the championship.
teams to watch next year.
anything else add it in!!

Terrysarmy (Leitrim) - Posts: 1 - 06/10/2020 09:25:03    2295993

Link

Certainly for me the stand out factor was that the standard of Leitrim club football has risen over the past few years and that was very evident in this years championship across all grades. It's a pity that Mohill won't get a crack at a Connacht championship as I feel they would be more than a match for any of the teams in it especially with Corofin gone, Connacht was wide open this year. Gortlettragh or Annaduff and Cloone or Aughavas should be able to hold their own and win a game inConnacht in their respective grades also. It just seems to me that we are producing teams of this quality now in Leitrim.

Paul Keaney for me showed to be the stand out player for the future, some of his performances for St. Marys were outstanding for a young player, his fielding and long range point taking were incredible. Fenagh and St. Marys are teams for the future, the youth players coming through there both seem to be a fantstic bunch of players at both clubs.

leitrim4sam (Leitrim) - Posts: 475 - 06/10/2020 10:36:45    2296009

Link