Tyrone Forum

Tyrone 2020

(Oldest Posts First)

Following a disappointing result we are now staring at relegation having to travel to Castlebar for the decider of the league assuming Meath is going to lose to Monaghan.

Yesterday's game we looked flat, our best player in the first half was our corner back (Liam Rafferty). Start of the second half we looked liked we were going to put up a fight but was quickly squashed by a well taken Donegal goal.

Showed glimpses of what the team is truly capable but countered that with sloppy plays, slow build up and missing kickable frees which is a shame when you look at Darren and other free taking in the club championship have to question why can't they do it on the county stage.

Defensively, if Colm was still playing would they have broke through our defense as easily as they did and who do we have that can really replace him. Our best out and out defender is no doubt McNamee and is needed at full back. Niall Kelly for EC is a primed sweeper at club level and shame not to see him come on.

I have heard complaints of why there were no Dungannon players on the panel of 26 yesterday. Dungannon are no doubt a great team buy McNulty and Quinn have been there and didn't cut the cloth. Would Paul Donaghy need to come into that set up and be the target man and use McKenna out the field. Mark Kearney I think would be similar to Ryan McHugh, pulling strings on the opposition 65. That bit of patience, calmness and vision required instead of playing the ball into blind ally's.

I've always been a fan of MH but if the next 2 games end with relegation to Div 2 and 1st round UFC knock out I think the time will finally come for him to pass the torch on. Would have love to have seen him walk away on a high of the AI Final in 18 or even the loss v Kerry last year cause the above is not the exit the Legend deserves.

Find_the_space (Tyrone) - Posts: 313 - 19/10/2020 15:53:14    2299239

Link

Hi Folks,
Is there any way of watching the game live please?
Deferred coverage on TG4 but dont fancy turning off the phone and talking to the kids or the wife until the game is over

club51 (Mayo) - Posts: 298 - 22/10/2020 11:29:58    2300168

Link

Dont think so, Would expect one of the county boards to live stream but doubt they will.

Find_the_space (Tyrone) - Posts: 313 - 23/10/2020 10:02:30    2300425

Link

How's the mood in Tyrone before the big game? Confident?

TheRock2121 (Donegal) - Posts: 561 - 26/10/2020 17:02:37    2301703

Link

Does anyone know when the committee will decide if Harte is staying on? I would imagine it would have to be soon enough.

kevin03 (Tyrone) - Posts: 244 - 02/11/2020 16:06:58    2304479

Link