Down Forum

South Down GAA Under 14 Trials Process

(Oldest Posts First)

This probably sounds like a silly question to those who have been with GAA for a while and I am new to this. My son plays for a local club and has been asked to go to Under 14 trials, he has already been to 1 and I have read that it may be more. I am trying to find rules or process for this online but still don't understand the process i.e. do all children go to all trials? or do they choose some children at different stages? I have seen, reading between the lines that at one stage i.e. East Down there appeared to be 5 trials. How are children chosen? Can someone enlighten me? or direct me to where I can find more information? Thanks

angelan (Down) - Posts: 3 - 20/03/2018 21:12:05    2086430

Link

Replying To angelan:  "This probably sounds like a silly question to those who have been with GAA for a while and I am new to this. My son plays for a local club and has been asked to go to Under 14 trials, he has already been to 1 and I have read that it may be more. I am trying to find rules or process for this online but still don't understand the process i.e. do all children go to all trials? or do they choose some children at different stages? I have seen, reading between the lines that at one stage i.e. East Down there appeared to be 5 trials. How are children chosen? Can someone enlighten me? or direct me to where I can find more information? Thanks"
Pay the management

Galgetgael (Down) - Posts: 218 - 20/03/2018 21:26:24    2086441

Link

I am sure of the process for picking players. I think your club nominates the players for trial.

downtothecore (Down) - Posts: 313 - 21/03/2018 07:16:36    2086507

Link

There are no South or East Down trials, its All County. The clubs are asked to nominate players

allseeingeye (Down) - Posts: 66 - 21/03/2018 23:05:28    2086826

Link