Donegal Forum

Donegal V Meath

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

People are not going to town on Murphy. Its not harsh criticism. Relax for God's sake.

Hes probably our best player ever and most important but many did feel he was not at his best in opening 35 - that's okay it's only an observation.

There is consistency in the analysis as people are praising how sublime he was was in last 25 and he was.

Sure no pointing commenting on here if we all must agree.

He is judged different as hes a gem.

Looking forward to Sunday.

In a way its not a bad thing Kerry showed how good they can be. People were totally writing them off and this is an alarm for everyone.

We won by 9 but many players were not at it. That shows how much we have progressed. Meath are a decent side.

IamDonegal (Donegal) - Posts: 134 - 15/07/2019 11:30:27    2211256

Link

Replying To rorysboys:  "Delighted with the result, it definitely wasn't a nine point game. Once Meath went one point up it seemed to lift the players and supporters from that point on we really played well with murphy and Mc Hugh superb. Our subs really lifted it too. Eoin mc Hugh looked lively wudnt be surprised to see him starting against Kerry. I know it's good to have impact players to come on but I would definitely start Gallen too he's young fit and well capable of playing 70 min. Lastly can't forget Sean Patton he is playing and kicking so well . Hopefully he keeps it up."
He's been brilliant. Kickouts are only as good as the plan that put them in place though.

TheRock2121 (Donegal) - Posts: 571 - 15/07/2019 11:36:52    2211263

Link

Various TV and media have given man of the match to Michael Murphy and Patrick McBrearty who were brilliant but I would give it to Ryan McHugh.He really creates danger by breaking the gain line.I thought Hugh McFadden and Eoghan Ban were below their best yesterday,We are always waiting for a bit more from Niall O'Donnnell and Michael Langan.The full back line is always a bit of a worry but we seem to be getting away with it especially when we get enough bodies back in time.The finger in the eye might have had an affect on Jamie Brennan but some of the passes in to him were in on top of him giving the back the advantage.For his last point he should have passed to Paddy for the goal chance but he still did well.

gunman (Donegal) - Posts: 698 - 15/07/2019 12:19:04    2211292

Link

Michael Murphy has never been better. If we make it to the final he will be Footballer of the Year. His performance levels are simply out of this world.

SurelyToGod (Donegal) - Posts: 197 - 15/07/2019 13:27:05    2211339

Link

Replying To SurelyToGod:  "Michael Murphy has never been better. If we make it to the final he will be Footballer of the Year. His performance levels are simply out of this world."
Yeah he was phenomenal the last 10-15 mins when really needed. There was some uncharacteristic moments esp in the first half but he was not alone. I thought Michael Langan quietly had a very good game also.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2479 - 15/07/2019 15:51:01    2211419

Link

People should watch games twice before commentating utter nonsense in general.

TheRock2121 (Donegal) - Posts: 571 - 15/07/2019 18:44:20    2211517

Link

In the last 15 minutes, when Murphy was really needed, he was immense. Took the game to Meath winning every ball that came his way. Pushed forward and back as was required. If Murphy didn't perform his best in the final quarter the score would have been a lot closer at the end. Donegals pace was electric at times and the running off the shoulder was superb. The Donegal bench did have a major bearing on the outcome.

Diego (Meath) - Posts: 1190 - 15/07/2019 18:52:41    2211526

Link