Offaly Forum

Offaly selection v Kilkenny - Rigney or Hayden

(Oldest Posts First)

The line up has bothered me..why do the Offaly management persist with James Rigney? He is at best a good club hurler. He is fit and has the heart of a lion but is beyond doubt not an intercounty player! Seen the Cork game and he was at fault for numerous scores. Talented players like Hayden and Bergin are left out of the starting line up while Rigney is favoured for mid-field. He has been given plenty of chances to show what he can do but------.

Jimbob20 (Offaly) - Posts: 1 - 27/02/2010 15:08:55    574730

Link

joe dooley words fail me , again why no egan , why mullins back, where was he until now ? , why carroll captain , a tullamore clubman should be captain ! ! , your selection is all over the place ... i hope i am proved wrong 2mrow but i doubt it .the one thing we need is the team picked properly , id say the other goalies in squad are chuffed with mullins waltzing back onto panel and no 1 again

townblue (Offaly) - Posts: 35 - 27/02/2010 19:33:32    574853

Link

Town Blue, Tullamore clubman as captain? Who do you suggest and why? In fairness Carroll should not be captain. Kenny from Belmont would be the man!

curious George (Offaly) - Posts: 861 - 01/03/2010 08:32:47    575602

Link

Why not have shane dooley as captain lads?As for rigney his not big or strong enough for the senior team ,his simply not physical enough to be a midfielder.. The only place for a fella of his size is corner forward..

GoOnMySon1 (Offaly) - Posts: 82 - 01/03/2010 15:02:11    575984

Link

As a blue (and a biased one at that) there is no Tullamore man ready to captain the county team. Leave Shane to do his stuff up front and no other one is guaranteed a place on the team. I would like to see Egan or Wynne get a run at corner back though. In my opinion our captain should be Rory or Murph or maybe Kevin Brady. 3 of our more experienced players

tonorio (Offaly) - Posts: 584 - 01/03/2010 16:42:49    576138

Link

Hi lads new on this posts. was talking to a friend in banagher during the week and he informs me that young wynne and Egan are out injured the last couple of weeks, and are doubtfull for Dublin in tullamore in 2 weeks also.... also i think now 2 of the hardest away trips behind us now we can win all our home games, we are fading out in games but belive we can achieve 6 points!!!!!

offaly57 (Offaly) - Posts: 4 - 01/03/2010 21:30:12    576564

Link