Roscommon Forum

Roscommon Club Football 2021

(Oldest Posts First)

Time to get back looking at our club scene looks like the club will be played first again next year.

Couple of management switches in the county
Cian Smith to Boyle
A former galway ladies manager to fuerty
Decky Hoare to Roscommon Gaels

Any other news from around the county?

Tarismelting22 (Roscommon) - Posts: 596 - 07/12/2020 08:23:41    2319610

Link

It's still up in the air to what will start first (club or county) next year. The committee meeting re 2021 calendar postponed until later in month.

The_analyser (Roscommon) - Posts: 2786 - 07/12/2020 22:34:02    2320039

Link

I see the GAA proposals in for a split season with Intercounty running till July and Club Championship running till the end of the year. I have not seen anything written about club leagues, are the club leagues going to start as normal in alignment with intercounty leagues. I would be very disappointed if the club players have no football to play until July, it will destroy grassroots. Does anyone know in this proposal have they a plan for club players from up to July ?

rossno1 (Roscommon) - Posts: 277 - 19/12/2020 16:28:09    2323807

Link

Replying To rossno1:  "I see the GAA proposals in for a split season with Intercounty running till July and Club Championship running till the end of the year. I have not seen anything written about club leagues, are the club leagues going to start as normal in alignment with intercounty leagues. I would be very disappointed if the club players have no football to play until July, it will destroy grassroots. Does anyone know in this proposal have they a plan for club players from up to July ?"
The spring and early summer for other club competitions apparently. Played without county players.

The_analyser (Roscommon) - Posts: 2786 - 19/12/2020 22:09:50    2324202

Link

Best wishes to Donal Shine on his retirement. A shame its a forced retirement due to injury and in truth he's struggled with injuries since he was a teen.

Massive loss to Clann, his quality showed in this year county semi final and regularly finished the senior club top scorer. Some super days in county colours that will forever be remembered.

The_analyser (Roscommon) - Posts: 2786 - 02/01/2021 23:10:00    2325827

Link

Replying To The_analyser:  "Best wishes to Donal Shine on his retirement. A shame its a forced retirement due to injury and in truth he's struggled with injuries since he was a teen.

Massive loss to Clann, his quality showed in this year county semi final and regularly finished the senior club top scorer. Some super days in county colours that will forever be remembered."
Great talent, had some big performances on big days

roscommon1944 (Roscommon) - Posts: 213 - 03/01/2021 19:20:32    2325885

Link

Replying To rossno1:  "I see the GAA proposals in for a split season with Intercounty running till July and Club Championship running till the end of the year. I have not seen anything written about club leagues, are the club leagues going to start as normal in alignment with intercounty leagues. I would be very disappointed if the club players have no football to play until July, it will destroy grassroots. Does anyone know in this proposal have they a plan for club players from up to July ?"
It is the best option for club players - play all there leagues etc up to the july and then into championship they will have loads of games to play.

Tarismelting22 (Roscommon) - Posts: 596 - 03/01/2021 22:00:45    2325894

Link