Down Forum

2020 Season

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Jab.Lift:  "Maybe not relevant to topic but best wishes to our Camogie seniors today in the All Ireland intermediate final."
Best to luck to the camogs

downtothecore (Down) - Posts: 312 - 05/12/2020 12:00:11    2318457

Link

Replying To Jab.Lift:  "Maybe not relevant to topic but best wishes to our Camogie seniors today in the All Ireland intermediate final."
Promising 1st half. Keep her lit a chailíní

Suas Sios (None) - Posts: 1440 - 05/12/2020 16:25:51    2318545

Link

Brilliant

downtothecore (Down) - Posts: 312 - 05/12/2020 19:00:27    2318611

Link

Always found camogs at either club or county level never complain , they knuckle down and get on with it and never give up , was evident today , great team performance with some standout individual contributions, brilliant team spirit.
Well deserved win.

Jab.Lift (Down) - Posts: 111 - 05/12/2020 20:22:28    2318747

Link

Have to say girls were outstanding and to think they get no financial help even have to pay there own travel and buy own kit which shows there level of commitment fair play

Ballyhates (Down) - Posts: 37 - 06/12/2020 11:35:36    2319073

Link

Replying To Ballyhates:  "Have to say girls were outstanding and to think they get no financial help even have to pay there own travel and buy own kit which shows there level of commitment fair play"
Always hard for the camogs to get the financial backing as they are a separate body, I know our girls done a lot of fundraising at the start of the season to help cover the costs and it certainly seems to have paid off for them.

That's looks like a wrap for 2020 then , hopefully we get back to some sort of normal next year.

Jab.Lift (Down) - Posts: 111 - 06/12/2020 19:36:53    2319433

Link

Replying To Ballyhates:  "Have to say girls were outstanding and to think they get no financial help even have to pay there own travel and buy own kit which shows there level of commitment fair play"
the girls are a credit to themselves and their families, some fine camogs all over the pitch and worthy winners.

I really want them to kick on and have a rattle at senior level. That's a big step up but you have to have a go at it IMO.

But, the camogie board in Down at times are a whole different level of ineffectiveness. Some of their decisions over the years would make you wonder if they are indeed interested in developing camogie especially the criteria they use for reserve teams taking part. We'd a year where we'd almost 24 girls ruled out of reserves as some had played a few minutes in a senior league game the previous year. They were filling in numbers as can happen in a league but to rule them out of reserve for the following year based on that, nuts...

Maybe someone from Ballygalget can explain why they'd no one on the panel, let alone team?

bricktop (Down) - Posts: 2479 - 07/12/2020 11:03:38    2319681

Link

Replying To bricktop:  "the girls are a credit to themselves and their families, some fine camogs all over the pitch and worthy winners.

I really want them to kick on and have a rattle at senior level. That's a big step up but you have to have a go at it IMO.

But, the camogie board in Down at times are a whole different level of ineffectiveness. Some of their decisions over the years would make you wonder if they are indeed interested in developing camogie especially the criteria they use for reserve teams taking part. We'd a year where we'd almost 24 girls ruled out of reserves as some had played a few minutes in a senior league game the previous year. They were filling in numbers as can happen in a league but to rule them out of reserve for the following year based on that, nuts...

Maybe someone from Ballygalget can explain why they'd no one on the panel, let alone team?"
I thought the girls played well, strong under the high ball and in the tackle. I like you was wondering why there was no one from Ballygalget on the squad , in fact I wondered why there was only 2 playing from the Ards. I saw the galgets tear the ports apart in the championship who took the championship winners Clonduff to a couple of points in the semi final. Maybe the selectors were absent at those games.
Well done to all the team, upward and onward.

swan song (None) - Posts: 451 - 08/12/2020 19:28:00    2320405

Link

See the 17s out tomorrow, how will they go, should have enough against Louth but who knows with this year

Jab.Lift (Down) - Posts: 111 - 12/12/2020 15:04:18    2321582

Link

Replying To Ballyhates:  "See under 17s strolled to a easy win if you ask me that was pointless going down there and give Louth a booting, learned nothing I see management made up by mostly ports and 2 of management have sons playing 1 definitely deserved to be on panel other lucky to be in Portaferry team never mind county panel I can see why Ballygalget were kicking up."
Fair play to the lads can only beat who's in front of you will do the players no harm and fair play to everyone for playing and taking teams in these hard times hopefully good experience for the young lads

Awaywiththeferrys (Down) - Posts: 234 - 13/12/2020 20:47:32    2322126

Link

Replying To Awaywiththeferrys:  "Fair play to the lads can only beat who's in front of you will do the players no harm and fair play to everyone for playing and taking teams in these hard times hopefully good experience for the young lads"
waste of time and money sunday past and if anything will give the U17's a false sense of security when they play Meath in Navan.

This will be a bigger test but this competition is only going through the motions. Who wants to be hurling the Sunday before Christmas when the wind would cut you in two.

bricktop (Down) - Posts: 2479 - 15/12/2020 15:25:47    2322652

Link

Replying To bricktop:  "waste of time and money sunday past and if anything will give the U17's a false sense of security when they play Meath in Navan.

This will be a bigger test but this competition is only going through the motions. Who wants to be hurling the Sunday before Christmas when the wind would cut you in two."
Limerick weren't worrying about the wind

ianog (Down) - Posts: 415 - 15/12/2020 18:40:19    2322692

Link

Well done to the Down minor hurlers today....fought really hard to grind out a victory, those are the type of games our young hurlers need more of .....well done to Sean Young and his management team too in what was a very tough year to take any inter county team....credit to Down getting their young hurling teams games the likes of Derry, Armagh etc got no game this year at all

ArmaghCat (Armagh) - Posts: 75 - 20/12/2020 18:19:35    2324721

Link

Replying To ArmaghCat:  "Well done to the Down minor hurlers today....fought really hard to grind out a victory, those are the type of games our young hurlers need more of .....well done to Sean Young and his management team too in what was a very tough year to take any inter county team....credit to Down getting their young hurling teams games the likes of Derry, Armagh etc got no game this year at all"
Never say die attitude till the end

Ballyhates (Down) - Posts: 37 - 20/12/2020 20:02:04    2324782

Link

A win is a win and well done to all involved, but lets not kid ourselves we're a bit behind on the S&C for these lads by the looks of it and that needs addressed at club level as well.

Thought Down were the better team throughout but didn't make the most from frees, ref was a big hard on us but that's to be expected, playing Meath in Navan with a Wicklow ref.

Well done all although I bet one of the management was a bit perturbed that his wee soldier didn't get a run on.

bricktop (Down) - Posts: 2479 - 21/12/2020 09:40:45    2324966

Link