Dublin Forum

Dessie Farrell Era: Dublin 2020

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To foreveryoung:  "Congratulations on all the awards. Well deserved!I 'm particularly happy for John Small...Small by name, but certainly not by nature (powerful club scene, in addition to donning the blue and navy).

Ye're up now to 139 All-Star awards. Kerry has 145, but Kerry men have actually 146. Answer me that."
Fair play indeed to John Small. Rough time for the family in recent times so yes it's a nice reward for him.
Good question too and looks like you got your answer from that other poster.

catch22 (USA) - Posts: 1846 - 22/02/2021 22:01:45    2332488

Link

Replying To Onion_Sack:  "Mícheál Ó Muircheartaigh"
You're on the ball lad. Good answer to that question.
I was only looking in to see what the Dubs reaction was to all the awards and was scratching my head to that one.

catch22 (USA) - Posts: 1846 - 22/02/2021 22:04:46    2332489

Link

Replying To foreveryoung:  "Congratulations on all the awards. Well deserved!I 'm particularly happy for John Small...Small by name, but certainly not by nature (powerful club scene, in addition to donning the blue and navy).

Ye're up now to 139 All-Star awards. Kerry has 145, but Kerry men have actually 146. Answer me that."
That's true foreveryoung. John Small is a real tough defender and him and his family are very much involved with Ballymun. Well deserved All Star.
I see someone got there before me with Micheál. Great commentator. I'm sure he'll cherish it.

Dubh_linn (Dublin) - Posts: 2234 - 23/02/2021 10:24:04    2332510

Link

Ah there you are Forever I found you. You ré a great man to get around lol. I see a few of our Dublin friends said the Micheal Ó Muircheartaigh (yes I think he was given an honour one) but I'm thinking you might mean Karl Ó Dwyer who won an all star in 98 with Kildare. Karl was born and played for Kerry before joining his Dad Micko in Kildare.

CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 1439 - 23/02/2021 19:18:15    2332561

Link

Replying To CiarraiMick:  "Ah there you are Forever I found you. You ré a great man to get around lol. I see a few of our Dublin friends said the Micheal Ó Muircheartaigh (yes I think he was given an honour one) but I'm thinking you might mean Karl Ó Dwyer who won an all star in 98 with Kildare. Karl was born and played for Kerry before joining his Dad Micko in Kildare."
Mick, spot on! It was Karl O'Dwyer that I was on about: a Kerryman but with a Kildare All-Star.

The great Michael O'Muircheartaigh is a Kerryman with an All-Star for Kerry, albeit not on the field of play. He's a bit like the late, great Kevin Heffernan who won player of the year in 1974.

foreveryoung (USA) - Posts: 151 - 27/02/2021 09:30:49    2332876

Link

Replying To foreveryoung:  "Mick, spot on! It was Karl O'Dwyer that I was on about: a Kerryman but with a Kildare All-Star.

The great Michael O'Muircheartaigh is a Kerryman with an All-Star for Kerry, albeit not on the field of play. He's a bit like the late, great Kevin Heffernan who won player of the year in 1974."
Would you believe I only saw that about Kevin Heffernan today. You ré full of info forever. Remember Brian Cody got nan if the match for Kilkenny as a manager during their 4 in a row. I think it was v Waterford in 08.

CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 1439 - 28/02/2021 00:38:43    2333020

Link