Sligo Forum

New Club Managers

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

In hindsight, it's what he should have done to begin with. He took that job with no experience at club level. Anyway, good luck to him. Paul is a sound guy.

I think McPartland is a good choice for Owenmore Gaels. He may just give them a bit of steel defensively to improve what is a talented bunch of youngsters. Despite Sligo not being so, Coolera were hard beat under him.

The only other job outside of Tour, I've saw confirmed is the Castleconnor gig going to Nigel Reape. Through the grapevine, he sounds like a tough guy with plenty of experience at a pretty decent level. They will have to improve again at some stage you'd think.

I'd imagine, clubs are giving managers another shot based on the short calendar last year. Can't be expecting too many changes round the clubs. Could be another short calendar this year though.

putyourfootunderit (Sligo) - Posts: 57 - 15/01/2021 15:17:05    2327584

Link

Replying To putyourfootunderit:  "In hindsight, it's what he should have done to begin with. He took that job with no experience at club level. Anyway, good luck to him. Paul is a sound guy.

I think McPartland is a good choice for Owenmore Gaels. He may just give them a bit of steel defensively to improve what is a talented bunch of youngsters. Despite Sligo not being so, Coolera were hard beat under him.

The only other job outside of Tour, I've saw confirmed is the Castleconnor gig going to Nigel Reape. Through the grapevine, he sounds like a tough guy with plenty of experience at a pretty decent level. They will have to improve again at some stage you'd think.

I'd imagine, clubs are giving managers another shot based on the short calendar last year. Can't be expecting too many changes round the clubs. Could be another short calendar this year though."
Ross Donovan taking over at Harps
Willie Gormley back in Bunninadden
David Curran taking on Cloonacool

Haven't heard any others, might well be same again in most cases.

ChasingShadows (Sligo) - Posts: 49 - 15/01/2021 20:06:44    2327640

Link