Down Forum

Cavan Down Ulster Minor Semi Final 2005

(Oldest Posts First)

I have a strange request. I played for Cavan minors in the epic 2 game battle between Cavan and Down minors in the 2005 Ulster Minor Semi Final in Crossmaglen (which unfortunately Down won by a point after extra time in the replay!!). I was playing full back both days and I have searched long and hard for a video of the game to no avail. Here is a link to the game...

http://www.hoganstand.com/county/cavan/article/index/48515

Would you have any idea how I might get such a video? It would mean a lot to me and my family.

Thanks in advance

Thomas Melvin (Mayo) - Posts: 5 - 23/03/2020 06:47:57    2274333

Link

Replying To Thomas Melvin:  "I have a strange request. I played for Cavan minors in the epic 2 game battle between Cavan and Down minors in the 2005 Ulster Minor Semi Final in Crossmaglen (which unfortunately Down won by a point after extra time in the replay!!). I was playing full back both days and I have searched long and hard for a video of the game to no avail. Here is a link to the game...

http://www.hoganstand.com/county/cavan/article/index/48515

Would you have any idea how I might get such a video? It would mean a lot to me and my family.

Thanks in advance"
I was at both games ,and both evenly matched teams ,quite a few of that Down team went on to play in both All Ireland u 21 and Senior finals ,I would be surprised if you couldent get sorted ,Try Down Gaa secretary at his office in Castlewellan ,Im sure he will help you get sorted ,Good luck

germac (Down) - Posts: 291 - 23/03/2020 20:07:18    2274422

Link

Replying To germac:  "I was at both games ,and both evenly matched teams ,quite a few of that Down team went on to play in both All Ireland u 21 and Senior finals ,I would be surprised if you couldent get sorted ,Try Down Gaa secretary at his office in Castlewellan ,Im sure he will help you get sorted ,Good luck"
Thanks for the reply, I've pinged off emails to both Down and Cavan GAA secretaries but no response..The search goes on!

Thomas Melvin (Mayo) - Posts: 5 - 24/03/2020 08:59:10    2274440

Link

A shot in the dark, there is a a guy with a twitter account called if I remember correctly, Down Memories, it's full of Down GAA history, photos, stories, give him a tweet and he might help, if not he can retweet his contacts and they might be able to do something for you.

Newmitch (Down) - Posts: 53 - 25/03/2020 22:41:30    2274676

Link

Re my earlier post, the twitter account is Down GAA Memories. A Google search will bring it up for you. Good luck.

Newmitch (Down) - Posts: 53 - 25/03/2020 22:46:23    2274679

Link

Replying To Newmitch:  "Re my earlier post, the twitter account is Down GAA Memories. A Google search will bring it up for you. Good luck."
Thanks for that. Also made contact with this twitter page but no response unfortunately, or from either county board unfortunately...the search goes on...

Thomas Melvin (Mayo) - Posts: 5 - 29/03/2020 10:48:52    2274940

Link