Donegal Forum

Season Tickets

(Oldest Posts First)

As a season ticket holder i have to say very dissapointed with the GAA only giving partial refunds to season ticket holders. Surely the least they can do is let this years tickets carry on till next year. Every other organisation seem to be doing their bit for their clients in these strange times but this in my mind is a joke coming from one of the richest amateur organisations in the world.

dieharddonegal (Donegal) - Posts: 82 - 29/04/2020 22:27:58    2277062

Link

Replying To dieharddonegal:  "As a season ticket holder i have to say very dissapointed with the GAA only giving partial refunds to season ticket holders. Surely the least they can do is let this years tickets carry on till next year. Every other organisation seem to be doing their bit for their clients in these strange times but this in my mind is a joke coming from one of the richest amateur organisations in the world."
To be offered a partial refund when there is no confirmation anything is fully cancelled yet is good.
Just remember they don't have to refund anyone as it was clearly in their t&c's so anyone whinging about it should do one.

naomh_conaill_4 (Donegal) - Posts: 362 - 30/04/2020 16:13:12    2277120

Link

Stopped paying for season tickets last year after the GAA screwed over loyal fans attending matches all year to please the fair weather supporters. How season tickets holders weren't guaranteed a seat for super 8 games was beyond me? We travel to Mc Kenna cup games in January and when it comes to championship, it's fend for yourself.

TheRock2121 (Donegal) - Posts: 561 - 30/04/2020 18:15:34    2277129

Link

Should be at Tyrone game today.......

fatfrog (Donegal) - Posts: 199 - 17/05/2020 14:01:16    2278474

Link

Replying To TheRock2121:  "Stopped paying for season tickets last year after the GAA screwed over loyal fans attending matches all year to please the fair weather supporters. How season tickets holders weren't guaranteed a seat for super 8 games was beyond me? We travel to Mc Kenna cup games in January and when it comes to championship, it's fend for yourself."
Did the exact same thing myself. I had a season ticket since 2012 but didn't bother renewing it this year. One of the main reasons I bought the season ticket was to guarantee myself and the kids a seat but it was a free for all at the Super 8 games.

Green_Gold (Donegal) - Posts: 1730 - 17/05/2020 17:08:42    2278512

Link

Replying To Green_Gold:  "Did the exact same thing myself. I had a season ticket since 2012 but didn't bother renewing it this year. One of the main reasons I bought the season ticket was to guarantee myself and the kids a seat but it was a free for all at the Super 8 games."
What went on in Castlebar was an absolute disgrace you wouldnt have seen a set up like it in 1919 never mind 2019.

Could not administer a fair ticketing system for a game that was known about for 6 weeks.

ManusFromHeaven (Donegal) - Posts: 319 - 18/05/2020 11:49:17    2278586

Link

I see the GAA are going to disrespect the season ticket holders again and ensure we won't have any entitlement for what will be all ticket games. I am not a member of a club in Donegal as I no longer live in the county and the season ticket was an alternative way for me to get tickets for Donegal games. Even though I firmly believe that the county season will not go ahead in 2020 due to covid19, I still think hat either the money should have been refunded at the outset or carry on to 2021

totalrecall (Leitrim) - Posts: 522 - 08/08/2020 00:53:22    2286824

Link

Replying To totalrecall:  "I see the GAA are going to disrespect the season ticket holders again and ensure we won't have any entitlement for what will be all ticket games. I am not a member of a club in Donegal as I no longer live in the county and the season ticket was an alternative way for me to get tickets for Donegal games. Even though I firmly believe that the county season will not go ahead in 2020 due to covid19, I still think hat either the money should have been refunded at the outset or carry on to 2021"
Tomsmith here

Totalrecall.

I am sorry to say that a person who only support a COunty team and has no connections with a Club should not be considered for tickets unless Club people have not taken them up. Club men are what the GAA is all about not posers who only follow County teams

tomsmith (Cavan) - Posts: 3275 - 11/10/2020 22:36:17    2296892

Link

Replying To tomsmith:  "Tomsmith here

Totalrecall.

I am sorry to say that a person who only support a COunty team and has no connections with a Club should not be considered for tickets unless Club people have not taken them up. Club men are what the GAA is all about not posers who only follow County teams"
I do a huge amount of work in the background of the county I am in but am not a member of the club in that area where i would have no entitlement to tickets for donegal games anyway, I attend a huge amount of club games and have served as a club officer for over ten years in my native county..........you are talking through your provebial **** , i have connections with 2 clubs ab]nd have served the GAA at club level and third level as well as development level, easy with the poser label fella.......

totalrecall (Leitrim) - Posts: 522 - 12/10/2020 14:47:19    2297014

Link

Replying To totalrecall:  "I do a huge amount of work in the background of the county I am in but am not a member of the club in that area where i would have no entitlement to tickets for donegal games anyway, I attend a huge amount of club games and have served as a club officer for over ten years in my native county..........you are talking through your provebial **** , i have connections with 2 clubs ab
nd have served the GAA at club level and third level as well as development level, easy with the poser label fella......."]You are right.There is not much posing done in the likes of Owenbeg in January or Salthill in February.Anyway a lot of people only take up club membership so as they can get tickets for county matches not that they have any great involvement or interest in the club.

gunman (Donegal) - Posts: 682 - 12/10/2020 16:39:13    2297053

Link