Westmeath Forum

Senior & intermediate championship 2016

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

"I hope they win it again, against all the referees riding them".

IcarusWest, do you want to enlighten us of when were these incidents of the referees riding Lomans were supposed to have occurred? No doubt, they are the best team in the county & some of the football yesterday was as good as I've seen in a while.

JoeytheLips (None) - Posts: 44 - 17/10/2016 12:35:20    1926908

Link

Did t pass not already overcome lomans in the championship Mick, agreeded that they were not at their best yesterday but they had 5 or 6 weeks without a game also they missed about 3:12 on the score board, and it had more to do with conditions and been rusty than Athlone. Heslin was excellent yesterday and will need to be watched, Sharry deserved a red card for throwing the elbow back also. Glennon and Egan absolutely pulled the strings for t pass again yesterday and not for the first time this year. T pass subs of P Sheridan Gaye really drove t pass on in the last few minutes. Looking forward to a good tight game in two weeks.

Paddyfla19 (Westmeath) - Posts: 110 - 17/10/2016 14:32:04    1926962

Link

paddy fla thank you for the optimistic view . i know the game will bring them on and we should be better
lets hope all our big guns perform on the day heres hoping

mickcunningham (Westmeath) - Posts: 1229 - 17/10/2016 19:27:45    1927071

Link

I know changes to format for next years championship, but you have to feel for killucan this year, or any team that win or tops there group and then no games for 5-6 weeks. i can't remember ever the two teams that topped each group being in the final. that not to take from lomans win they were the better

i did say it before that present system suits teams that come second or third.

even the garrycastle that won 3 in a row rarely won group often coming in 3 or joint 3. but at same time you have to play the system you have.
With new system we may end up with a team getting easier games early on in year and only having to focus from q-final stage

madbull (Westmeath) - Posts: 191 - 18/10/2016 10:46:42    1927178

Link

Replying To mickcunningham:  "paddy fla thank you for the optimistic view . i know the game will bring them on and we should be better
lets hope all our big guns perform on the day heres hoping"
Unfortunately Mick it's a non contest ,Lomans will win this pulling up

footiemad (Westmeath) - Posts: 733 - 18/10/2016 11:03:31    1927183

Link

Replying To footiemad:  "Unfortunately Mick it's a non contest ,Lomans will win this pulling up"
One sided and all as the semi was against Killucan, Lomans should've had at least 1 influential player sent off and Killucan were denied a clear penalty in the 1st half so although they may win handy you never know what can happen in a game if a team hangs in

Dote (Westmeath) - Posts: 213 - 18/10/2016 12:25:47    1927215

Link

Replying To Dote:  "One sided and all as the semi was against Killucan, Lomans should've had at least 1 influential player sent off and Killucan were denied a clear penalty in the 1st half so although they may win handy you never know what can happen in a game if a team hangs in"
I dont think this game will be one sided , Killucan didnt show up against Lomans they looked terrible and maybe a few decisions went against them as well , TPass has beaten Lomans this year and last year in the group games, I think Heslin was not playing in the game this year which would be a big loss for lomans . But I think TPass will be a different side in Final as waiting around for 5 weeks didnt help them against Athlone who had a couple of tough games with mullingar shamrocks .

nearlymadeit (Westmeath) - Posts: 78 - 19/10/2016 12:24:33    1927533

Link

we will be better in the final . we have to be or we may as well not turn up should be a great occasion

mickcunningham (Westmeath) - Posts: 1229 - 19/10/2016 15:58:39    1927622

Link

Good game yesterday. TPass gave it everything. the few bad misses probably cost them when there was only a point in it. tpass two county men were excellent. as for shane demesey what a return 7 points from play. He was the difference in the teams.

Mattyreilly (Westmeath) - Posts: 103 - 31/10/2016 21:19:02    1930517

Link

Best of luck to Rosemount and CFCW this weekend in Leinster

Leinster club IFC quarter-finals
Cappincur (Offaly) v Rosemount (Westmeath), O'Connor Park, 2pm

Leinster club JFC semi-finals
CFCW (Westmeath) v Rosenallis (Laois), Castlepollard, 2pm

martyW (Westmeath) - Posts: 251 - 03/11/2016 11:08:14    1931137

Link

Replying To martyW:  "Best of luck to Rosemount and CFCW this weekend in Leinster

CFCW (Westmeath) v Rosenallis (Laois), Castlepollard, 2pm"
best of lyuck to both teams,don't know much about cfcw opponents but rosemount should win handy(CAPPINCUR are more of a junior team)

footiemad (Westmeath) - Posts: 733 - 04/11/2016 13:48:26    1931516

Link

Replying To footiemad:  "
Replying To martyW:  "Best of luck to Rosemount and CFCW this weekend in Leinster

CFCW (Westmeath) v Rosenallis (Laois), Castlepollard, 2pm"
best of lyuck to both teams,don't know much about cfcw opponents but rosemount should win handy(CAPPINCUR are more of a junior team)"
Not sure that should Rosemount win handy. Cappincur are far from a junior team now having won intermediate and senior B titles in the last two seasons. They will be a good match for Rosemount.

A CFCW v. Bracknagh junior final maybe!

PortInFaithful (Offaly) - Posts: 472 - 04/11/2016 14:16:45    1931537

Link

Rosemount beat Cappincur easily enough to take on Paul Flynn's Fingallians in Dublin next Saturday.

CFCW lose out to Rosenallis who are also in the Leinster JHC which is a fair achievement!

martyW (Westmeath) - Posts: 251 - 07/11/2016 09:21:42    1932251

Link

Best of luck to Rosemount and Lomans this weekend! Tough game for Rosemount but Lomans should progress

Leinster club IFC semi-finals
Fingallians (Dublin) v Rosemount (Westmeath), Lawless Park, Swords, 2pm Saturday

Leinster club SFC quarter-finals
Mullinalaghta (Longford) v St Loman's (Westmeath), Pearse Park, 2.30pm Sunday

martyW (Westmeath) - Posts: 251 - 11/11/2016 10:38:51    1933531

Link

Lomans never got going until it was too late
I think they underestimated the Longford champions

manfromdelmonte (UK) - Posts: 541 - 13/11/2016 18:01:29    1933964

Link

Lomans would have had Vincent's in Mullingar, would have been ideal opportunity to take big scalp, Mullinaghta were a superbly fit side, they were relentless all through, thought Loman's strength was their forward division rather than backs but forwards didn't fire today, Paddy Dowdall got the goal and forwards only got four points from play, similar to county final when Shane Dempsey was only forward to really shine. On a separate issue wonder will Lorcan smith transfer back to Shamrocks, he has seen no action with Vincent's in championship and not used again today, seems a waste of talent to be a sub for a club side that you have no connection to.

kawaifive0 (Westmeath) - Posts: 112 - 13/11/2016 18:28:42    1933972

Link

Replying To kawaifive0:  "Lomans would have had Vincent's in Mullingar, would have been ideal opportunity to take big scalp, Mullinaghta were a superbly fit side, they were relentless all through, thought Loman's strength was their forward division rather than backs but forwards didn't fire today, Paddy Dowdall got the goal and forwards only got four points from play, similar to county final when Shane Dempsey was only forward to really shine. On a separate issue wonder will Lorcan smith transfer back to Shamrocks, he has seen no action with Vincent's in championship and not used again today, seems a waste of talent to be a sub for a club side that you have no connection to."
Hugely Dissapoining result for Loans but a wonderful victory for Rosemount.Lets hope they are crowned Leinster champions.

jobber (Westmeath) - Posts: 786 - 13/11/2016 21:35:11    1934019

Link

Has to be very disappointing for Lomans to lose to Longford opposition bearing in mind how close they ran Ballymun in recent years. Loman's are certainly the best in this county but haven't been playing that well all year. Only for Shane Dempsey in the county final they were in trouble I'd say.
On a positive note, hats off to Rosemount on beating Dublin opposition and reaching Intermediate Leinster Final. Izzy has obviously being a big help to get them across the line in Westmeath and now every win is a bonus. I recall them getting to a Leinster Junior Final a while back.

BigSur (Westmeath) - Posts: 678 - 14/11/2016 14:02:51    1934150

Link

Best of luck to Rosemount this weekend. Playing St.Colmcilles in Navan @ 2PM on Saturday

martyW (Westmeath) - Posts: 251 - 23/11/2016 15:31:12    1936275

Link

Best of luck to rosemount on sat. No westmeath team has won an intermediate football leinster. Two Westmeath clubs have junior club leinsters ,And garrycastle senior club leinster.

Mattyreilly (Westmeath) - Posts: 103 - 24/11/2016 20:29:10    1936552

Link