UK Forum

Warwickshire 2014

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Has the mayoallstar got anything to say on the current topic!!!?

GalwayGoose (UK) - Posts: 7 - 07/11/2014 21:40:14    1670601

Link

Another macs apologist, always the victims

Lethal (Derry) - Posts: 281 - 07/11/2014 22:00:41    1670606

Link

im sure that the parents & mentors of Macs underage teams must be disgusted by the behaviour of some of the Macs senior players , the macs chairperson has a duty to all in the club to stamp out this behaviour , someone is going to end up seriously injured one day if this allowed to continue and it will be on the hands of those who have the power to prevent it now.

knowle (Roscommon) - Posts: 82 - 08/11/2014 10:54:17    1670616

Link

There have been plenty of Sean McDermotts supporters defending the club on here. Is not one of them going to accept responsibility for their clubs behaviour last week when a GAA player was brutally assaulted and hospitalised? Is this behaviour accepted from club members and is this the image the club wants?

GalwayGoose (UK) - Posts: 7 - 08/11/2014 11:43:03    1670629

Link

Well Hagen, I'm a macs man, and I would wager that you are not EGB. Not relevant you might say, maybe but I'll put my cards on the table to start with.
Common denominator you say, a read through your recent posts reveals a common denominator to me and its not the health and safety of players and officials however admirable that might be. Yes you have a problem with the macs and you like to bang the drums, but that's ok as long as you are happy.
Macs are no angels and we are certainly no victims Lethal. We have transgressed in the past, we have been punished, we have appealed when we thought we were unfairly dealt with, in some cases all the way to Croke Park, off which we won a few and lost a few.
This is all part of the cut and thrust of the championship year for many clubs here and back yonder.
I will not mention some of the slight injustices me thinks fell on our club this season in case I draw the dreaded label "victim"

I would like to congratulate John Mitchells football club Birmingham and their Mentors on their recent rise within Warwickshire. All clubs must remember without decent opposition within our county, we will be tepid at national level instead of red hot.

You would like to see macs banned from Warwickshire Hagen? You might as well ban football. It was the ST Barnabus captain that said a few short year ago "You know you have won a championship when you beat macs in the final." Now he was lifting the cup at the time so it might have been just kind words but lets face it Hagen what ever club you are, wouldn't you like to beat the macs?

I would recommend to anyone especially anyone harbouring bitterness to get involved with the underage structure within their own club.
This, and listen now because I am giving away a secret, is one of the keys to macs success.
On Wednesday evenings this season at Moor green Lane in Moseley it was a joy to behold, training under the summer sun from our under 8s (22 in total)all the way to our u16s ABC champions and Warwickshire league and championship winners.
Our senior squad have a even mix of home grown and boys from back yonder, like hand and glove impossible to tell apart, each complimenting the other, just ask their rivals in the Sevens this year.

Now with a fair wind and calm seas let me tell you we have BIG GUNS coming through, in fact..... that's them on the other side of the hill...
... can you hear them coming.......the ground is trembling..... and yes on the crest of the hill I can see a glimpse of green and.......

Me thinks me hear you say "what no comment on the actual incident" well I will if you ask nice in my second post.

macs abu.

mactomac (UK) - Posts: 37 - 08/11/2014 12:57:16    1670651

Link

I felt that the last post was a brilliant read. A county without a Macs team in any level from under 8 right up to senior would be a big loss as you need to beat Macs to win any championship as has been proven this season. The abandoment of any match is a serious event and it needs to be punished fairly by the ccc as it is not a good advert for gaa in the Midlands. I feel that the standard of officials in the county is poor and for a final like last weekend there should be a referee linesmen and umpires organised by the county board before a ball is kicked to help make sure that people are kept off the pitch who are not playing! The saddest thing is that for all the success of Macs this season is that again people will remember the bad isolated parts such as the abandoment and the amount of black/red cards that Macs have accumulated

Harp46brum (UK) - Posts: 148 - 08/11/2014 13:31:45    1670657

Link

Hagan My playing days are over but. I wasn't a bad player, my brother was better. I'll admit I didn't turn out every. Sunday but. I guarantee you I never missed a game against macs. I played hard against hard men, we had well documented battles and we had a pint afterwards.
Twice you have suggested boycotting games against macs. Players want games and competition, the best games the best competition are against macs.
I go out to watch football, the best games the best competition involve macs.
I was out last Sunday, I stood between the two pitches to watch the hurling and the homegrown. The incident happened 10ft away from me, my view was clear. We're you out there, or as I suspect could you not see as you were to far away. A couple of facts, the injured EGB player and an EGB sub went for the macs player together. It happened on the sideline there was no invasion. There were no issues with other players from either team. If you were there Hagan did you go in the club house for a pint afterwards or did you have no one to drink with? If you did you'd see no problem between the clubs. They no there players, both involved are talented players but live wires. Both clubs will continue to pick them as they're good players the ccc need to punish them then we move on.
Mactomac well said. You put the effort in with underage then give them a chance to play. My nephew wasn't given that chance. He's away travelling and unlikely to bother putting his boots on when he comes back. You've great young lads and can take credit as a club for bringing them on.

Breiffne1 (Cavan) - Posts: 26 - 08/11/2014 15:32:55    1670688

Link

GalwayGoose, have tried to post on numerous occasions, but for some reason posts aren't being allowed on

mayoallstar (Mayo) - Posts: 256 - 08/11/2014 19:07:32    1670724

Link

Ok so we are going off the point here. A lad was seriously injured Sunday and taken to hospital. This is absolutely disgusting and not wanted in PNH. The player who done this should be punished by the county board and police, end of story.

GalwayGoose (UK) - Posts: 7 - 08/11/2014 20:24:31    1670740

Link

GalwayGoose, where do you get your information from ?? The lad in question was not seriously injured, yes did attend hospital and no treatment was required, that is fact.

mayoallstar (Mayo) - Posts: 256 - 08/11/2014 21:28:56    1670760

Link

So what ever takes place on the pitch it is ok as long as you have a pint afterwards.
I rest my case. The responses on here show what you are up against with this club. Everything is ok as long as you win everything and all major incidents happen once a year. Truly disgusting behaviour and excuses from an excuse for a GAA club. Form a boxing club if that is what ye want to do. Leave the football to the footballers.

#boycott macs games now

hagan (Donegal) - Posts: 99 - 08/11/2014 21:41:01    1670764

Link

hagan, interesting to see that your club has been thrown out of the shield hurling completion today. So much for doing everything by the rules.

mayoallstar (Mayo) - Posts: 256 - 08/11/2014 21:50:10    1670767

Link

hagan , any word on your club being thrown out of the hurling shield trophy today ?? So much for playing by the rules

mayoallstar (Mayo) - Posts: 256 - 08/11/2014 21:54:29    1670770

Link

Nice response there Hagen, real classy.

macs abu

mactomac (UK) - Posts: 37 - 08/11/2014 22:01:30    1670773

Link

Hagan More games played this year, less walk overs. Better representation at the ABC. County panel got to provincial final, with players from more clubs involved. Excellent gala day when all clubs came together aswell as visiting teams (organised by macs I know but supported by everyone). Warwickshire are slowly moving forward.

Breiffne1 (Cavan) - Posts: 26 - 09/11/2014 08:35:28    1670775

Link

I feel that common sense needs to prevail on the macs v egb debacle from last weekend. The facts are that a macs & egb were sent off for fighting so ccc should punsih both players.

Also the ccc needs to review their rules for repeat offenders where they have a string of red / black cards and impose penalties including possible multiple match ban to send a message that such poor disciplinary records cannot be accepted as the norm.

Also the county board needs to make sure that neutral lines mean and umpires are in place for all big matches including all championship finals to help the referee in controlling the side lines where all supporters should be kept behind the lines and fences accordingly.

Boycotting matches is a very dangerous situation as it could wreck our gaa success going forward so it should not be encouraged.

Harp46brum (UK) - Posts: 148 - 09/11/2014 08:56:50    1670776

Link

Any news on the CCC meeting to deal with the abandoned match yet? Too busy pre arranging what course the meeting will take and the outcome before they can set a date. Let the cover up begin.

hagan (Donegal) - Posts: 99 - 11/11/2014 12:27:18    1671373

Link

Hagan you are boring everybody now, take the hint as nobody is agreeing with you. I'm sure both lads will be dealt with accordingly, the other 14 players of both teams need not be punished. Go and help your own team improve instead of sitting at your computer whinging about teams that have obviously beaten your own. Gaelic is a contact sport and even at the highest levels in Croke Park do we see scuffles-take the Kerry/Mayo semi final for example. I'm sure EGB and SMD will take part in their own meetings about the incident and punishments will be given out, you keep your sore loser nose out of it!

warwickshirefan (UK) - Posts: 7 - 11/11/2014 12:43:44    1671383

Link

Warwickshirefan,

I'm not sure a player having to attend hospital due to the assault falls under the 'wee scuffle' category.

Whereas i don't agree with boycotting games, it does seem to be the same culprets and an appropriate punishment should be dished out. The county board are the people who decide such punishments and we are the clubs are who put them in place so we'll have to put our trust in them and leave them to it.

Very dissapointing to see Andrew Shore has recieved a 48 week ban! His transfer has gone through on the GAA website so i believe his version of events where he says he thought the transfer was legal. Can't believe he would risk his county place for a micky mouse competition. I hope the secretary/ chairman of RC done the appropriate checks before he played

Also dissapointing to see a player has been banned for illegally playing for Niamh Padraig.

Once again despite they progress we made with our county team this year we have been left to look like a joke.

Regards

Winker ;-)

winker (Down) - Posts: 46 - 11/11/2014 13:54:21    1671415

Link

'Wee scuffles' happen but off the ball there can be no argument or justification. If this had happened in Ireland both the club and player concerned would have been hit with heavy sanctions.

Lethal (Derry) - Posts: 281 - 11/11/2014 15:34:10    1671477

Link