Antrim Forum

Antrim ACHL Div 1

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Outdone i didnt make the game on sat as i was away. my dad was at the game and he pretty much summed it up as others have said. we were missing a few players and glenariffe wanted it way more than what we did. no complaints as they hurled better. the weather was shocking bad as well which didnt help matters for both teams. it was a meaningless game for Dunloy and a damned important one for Glenariffe so there was probably only going to be one outcome

Dunloyrealist (Antrim) - Posts: 498 - 21/09/2010 11:36:13    779982

Link

Crazy Legs, there is no way on this earth that Glenariff are three goals better than Dunloy in no matter what conditions or if there was nothing to play for, wise up!
Ok they might have played well to get the two points and maintain their division one status but I still think the better team is going down or maybe not. I have heard that the league is being re-structured, I don't think they need to tamper with something which is not broken.

Brick top it's just a pity there are still three Down teams in division 1 and I haven't gone away!

silvertoungue (Antrim) - Posts: 101 - 21/09/2010 11:39:05    779986

Link

Silvertongue - the better team didn't go down, over 14 games Glenariffe proved the better. Remember last yr Dunloy only beat them by a point in the championship semis (and were lucky to do so).

I do agree that their is cause for the league to be accomodate more of the antrim teams but if it were to be increased would the fixtures be fulfilled or would there still be matches come december. The down teams deserve to be there at present but had bcastle beaten ballygalget....

Either we leave as is with 8 teams or increase to 10/12 and have it as a one way league. Talking to a few B'castle folk and they have no issue in rebuilding in Div 2, it is a tough league to win with Rossa, Gorts B'astle and St Galls (????).

Outdone (Antrim) - Posts: 106 - 21/09/2010 13:57:41    780200

Link

Now that Ballycastle are down from div 1 and st pauls are down from div 2 will the leagues be restructured now that the wrong teams are going down.
WATCH THIS SPACE

NEAS (Antrim) - Posts: 125 - 25/10/2010 17:44:49    803244

Link

Simple answer - no - leagues will not restructure just because Ballycastle & St. Pauls were relegated.

Iardheisceart (Antrim) - Posts: 71 - 26/10/2010 10:37:56    803495

Link

I wouldnt be so sure, if the leagues are restructured it is the clubs who will decide this.
And if they are is it a bad thing for antrim hurling? but would any motion have been discussed had Glenariffe been relegated - i suspect not!!
Whatever will be ...but now we only have 4 divison 1 clubs with players on the antrim team as Oisins were not represented come championship, with more players in division 2/3.

Outdone (Antrim) - Posts: 106 - 26/10/2010 12:23:30    803551

Link