Ballymore

Group 2
St. Mary's, Rochfortbridge
Ballynacargy
Multyfarnham
Kilbeggan Shamrocks
Milltown
Tubberclair

Intermediate Champions promoted to Senior Section B for 2022.
Round robin league championship, 5 rounds.
Teams 1 and 2 in Section A qualify for semi-final.
Teams 3 and 4 in Section A qualify for quarter final.
Teams 1 and 2 in Section B qualify for quarter final.

Westmeath213 (Westmeath) - Posts: 205 - 16/01/2021 19:11:35    2327744

Link

Replying To Westmeath213:  "Intermediate group 1
Castledaly
Tang
Milltownpass
St Malachys
Maryland
Ballymore

Group 2
St. Mary's, Rochfortbridge
Ballynacargy
Multyfarnham
Kilbeggan Shamrocks
Milltown
Tubberclair

Intermediate Champions promoted to Senior Section B for 2022.
Round robin league championship, 5 rounds.
Teams 1 and 2 in Section A qualify for semi-final.
Teams 3 and 4 in Section A qualify for quarter final.
Teams 1 and 2 in Section B qualify for quarter final."
How do we see this year's Intermediate championship groups fading out? These are my predictions of who will come out of their respective groups:

GROUP ONE:
1. Milltownpass (My favourites for championship w/a very exciting forward line and w/the addition of Shane Flanagan home from America will be hard stopped)
2. Tang (After getting over their semi final hoodoo last year should be there abouts this year but don't think they're good enough to go all the way)
3. Castledaly (Had been hanging onto senior status for the last couple of years. Very reliant on 3/4 lads, could struggle to regain senior status for awhile)
4. Malachys (With Castletown geoghan getting a new manager the footballers could throw the lot in with them, could have a very good/very bad year depending on that)

GROUP TWO:
1. Milltown (My darkhorses for the championship. Some excellent young players after coming through the last few years and will be hungry to right the wrongs from last year)
2. R'Bridge (Should qualify from this group. Lots of good young footballers who I think will benefit from a new management team)

RELEGATION BATTLE:
Multy (Again very reliant on 3/4 footballers but for me are lacking any genuine scoring forwards)
vs
Kilbeggan (Definitely my favourites to get relegated. Very young side who's lacking afew quality players to compete at this level. Can see them being a yo-yo club for the next
couple of years)

Westmeathking (Westmeath) - Posts: 51 - 21/01/2021 18:16:23    2328367

Link

Replying To Westmeathking:  "How do we see this year's Intermediate championship groups fading out? These are my predictions of who will come out of their respective groups:

GROUP ONE:
1. Milltownpass (My favourites for championship w/a very exciting forward line and w/the addition of Shane Flanagan home from America will be hard stopped)
2. Tang (After getting over their semi final hoodoo last year should be there abouts this year but don't think they're good enough to go all the way)
3. Castledaly (Had been hanging onto senior status for the last couple of years. Very reliant on 3/4 lads, could struggle to regain senior status for awhile)
4. Malachys (With Castletown geoghan getting a new manager the footballers could throw the lot in with them, could have a very good/very bad year depending on that)

GROUP TWO:
1. Milltown (My darkhorses for the championship. Some excellent young players after coming through the last few years and will be hungry to right the wrongs from last year)
2. R'Bridge (Should qualify from this group. Lots of good young footballers who I think will benefit from a new management team)

RELEGATION BATTLE:
Multy (Again very reliant on 3/4 footballers but for me are lacking any genuine scoring forwards)
vs
Kilbeggan (Definitely my favourites to get relegated. Very young side who's lacking afew quality players to compete at this level. Can see them being a yo-yo club for the next
couple of years)"
Castledaly to win it out this year. At senior level they were reliant on 3/4 players to pull them through games & can't obviously because there short of quality for senior level.
Them quality players like lorcan Dolan, Dan Heavin paddy Holloway , Alan Stone & Kevin Stone should standout at intermediate level.

Milltownpass can never seem to get Over the like the past three years and I can't see them being successful again this year even with the addition of Flanagan. Has he played any football over in the states ? Will take him a while to settle back in to Football & high intensity games if he hasn't done much in America

Westmeath213 (Westmeath) - Posts: 205 - 21/01/2021 21:14:43    2328394

Link

Yes you'd expect Louis Ennis to do well at Milltownpass and maybe get them across the line. Going to be a very competitive championship.

BigSur (Westmeath) - Posts: 809 - 21/01/2021 21:38:25    2328400

Link

Replying To Westmeath213:  "Castledaly to win it out this year. At senior level they were reliant on 3/4 players to pull them through games & can't obviously because there short of quality for senior level.
Them quality players like lorcan Dolan, Dan Heavin paddy Holloway , Alan Stone & Kevin Stone should standout at intermediate level.

Milltownpass can never seem to get Over the like the past three years and I can't see them being successful again this year even with the addition of Flanagan. Has he played any football over in the states ? Will take him a while to settle back in to Football & high intensity games if he hasn't done much in America"
Having come up against milltownpass a lot in recent years and being a neighbour I give them great credit for the change they have made from being a club with bad discipline, I feel Shane Flanagan is the missing link for them , they have the forwards but lacked around the middle the last few years.
Castledaly haven't got the legs to live with Milltownpass or even Tang and they have appointed an inexperienced manager which might come back to haunt them.
Tang are getting stronger with younger players improving every year, For me its between them and Milltownpass.
In the lower group I see Milltown Raconrath topping the group with Rochfortbridge second , Milltown could be dangerous if they get a run going

Moorehead (Westmeath) - Posts: 134 - 22/01/2021 17:33:19    2328548

Link

Nobody mentioning Tubberclair lads ?

KooCullen (Westmeath) - Posts: 65 - 22/01/2021 19:56:33    2328581

Link

Replying To Moorehead:  "Having come up against milltownpass a lot in recent years and being a neighbour I give them great credit for the change they have made from being a club with bad discipline, I feel Shane Flanagan is the missing link for them , they have the forwards but lacked around the middle the last few years.
Castledaly haven't got the legs to live with Milltownpass or even Tang and they have appointed an inexperienced manager which might come back to haunt them.
Tang are getting stronger with younger players improving every year, For me its between them and Milltownpass.
In the lower group I see Milltown Raconrath topping the group with Rochfortbridge second , Milltown could be dangerous if they get a run going"
I agree with your logic with regards to Mpass, definitely think Flanagan will be a huge addition to them around the middle. Think you're being a little harsh on Castledaly's appointment tho. He has won two Senior championships with Lomans Ladies and a Junior championship with Castletown-Finea so to say he's inexperienced is a harsh. Paul Carey being back with R'Bridge will be abig addition to them. If the proposed format of 2019 doesn't go ahead and it stays to the groups of three from 2020 then it could lead to afew interesting twists. Still think it'll be Mpass, Tang. Castledaly and Milltown in the semi finals tho.

Westmeathking (Westmeath) - Posts: 51 - 22/01/2021 20:07:14    2328586

Link

Replying To KooCullen:  "Nobody mentioning Tubberclair lads ?"
They will stay up But don't think they'll go much further than that.

Westmeath213 (Westmeath) - Posts: 205 - 22/01/2021 22:18:13    2328612

Link

Replying To Moorehead:  "Having come up against milltownpass a lot in recent years and being a neighbour I give them great credit for the change they have made from being a club with bad discipline, I feel Shane Flanagan is the missing link for them , they have the forwards but lacked around the middle the last few years.
In the lower group I see Milltown Raconrath topping the group with Rochfortbridge second , Milltown could be dangerous if they get a run going"
Lacked , Really ? They have Sam Duncan there who is a county footballer & is better than most midfielders in the IFC. Liam oreilly often to play alongside him there Or Shane Corcoran plays beside him. Oreilly is a big man and is hard stopped when he gets running & he is fairly good in the air. Corcoran is smaller in stature but for his size is quite good in the air & with that is a skilful footballer with injury's hampering him over the last few years.
So to say they lack around the middle wouldn't be my worry for them considering they've an intercounty Player there & two other well capable lads who are well able to play there.
My worry for them would be at the back! They don't have the best defence & every team who play agianst them seem To clock up a decent Score and that's been happening over the last 2/3 years. They have very good forward but it's no good been able to score loads one end and concede more at the other.

Westmeath213 (Westmeath) - Posts: 205 - 22/01/2021 22:35:13    2328614

Link

Tier 1 : castledaly tang Milltownpass
Tier 2 : malachys Maryland the bridge tubberclair milltown multy
Tier 3: ballymore kilbeggan ballynacariggy

That's the way I see it Moate last year wouldn't have been in top 4 favourites.
Castledaly will give it a good push. One big question why didn't Milltownpass win one yet? Shane Corcoran hasn't played in 2 years someone mentioned earlier.

Championship format very important I wouldn't say it's set in stone.
Ballymore lucky there in group A but if format changes they could be in bother.
What malachys turn up, Maryland under Egan could do well.
It's absolutely wide open.

PowellJohn (Westmeath) - Posts: 39 - 24/01/2021 16:36:57    2328770

Link

Replying To PowellJohn:  "Tier 1 : castledaly tang Milltownpass

Castledaly will give it a good push. One big question why didn't Milltownpass win one yet? Shane Corcoran hasn't played in 2 years someone mentioned earlier.

It's absolutely wide open."
Why do you think maryland will go well under egan? Milltown got to a semi final in 2018 before he came in. They dropped out of the top group in his first year and he left before the end of last year

the21yardline (Westmeath) - Posts: 151 - 24/01/2021 20:59:06    2328818

Link

Replying To PowellJohn:  "Tier 1 : castledaly tang Milltownpass

It's absolutely wide open."
As far as I know Shane Corcoran has played in the last two years but was injured for a bit of the 2019 championship & was injured for the year before or from the start of 2019. Not 100% on this but I know he had his injury problems but also know he HAS played over the last few years.

Westmeath213 (Westmeath) - Posts: 205 - 24/01/2021 21:03:02    2328820

Link

Replying To the21yardline:  "Why do you think maryland will go well under egan? Milltown got to a semi final in 2018 before he came in. They dropped out of the top group in his first year and he left before the end of last year"
Well he got milltown in div 1 for the first time in there history I think and got Fernandez to 2/3 Offaly senior finals in a row.
From what I heard it didn't end well in milltown.

PowellJohn (Westmeath) - Posts: 39 - 25/01/2021 08:21:56    2328845

Link

Replying To PowellJohn:  "Well he got milltown in div 1 for the first time in there history I think and got Fernandez to 2/3 Offaly senior finals in a row.
From what I heard it didn't end well in milltown."
No it didn't. Big argument I think not 100% sure on the details as ya can't believe everything you hear.

Westmeath213 (Westmeath) - Posts: 205 - 25/01/2021 10:39:45    2328859

Link

Replying To PowellJohn:  "Well he got milltown in div 1 for the first time in there history I think and got Fernandez to 2/3 Offaly senior finals in a row.
From what I heard it didn't end well in milltown."
Yes he did get them to div 1 in fairness. Just asking the question is all I don't know the man or anything about him. Ferbane won the senior the year after he left so that's not a great look either. He might get a kick out of maryland if the championship is ran over the same format as last year. A longer year won't suit them .

the21yardline (Westmeath) - Posts: 151 - 25/01/2021 11:52:34    2328871

Link

Replying To Westmeath213:  "No it didn't. Big argument I think not 100% sure on the details as ya can't believe everything you hear."
True enough. Yes Maryland aging team I do agree. Tang getting all the numbers underage.

PowellJohn (Westmeath) - Posts: 39 - 25/01/2021 14:45:17    2328890

Link

Predictions

To qualify from groups in order

Group one
Tang
Castledaly
Milltownpass
St Malachys

Group two
Milltown
Rochfortbridge

Quarters
Rochfortbridge to beat Milltownpass
St Malachys to beat Milltown

Semis
Tang to beat Malachys
Castledaly to beat Rochfortbridge

Tang to win promotion
Dark horse St Malachys

Relegation will be a tight 4 way shootout, Kilbeggan to make the drop

CleanShoulder (Westmeath) - Posts: 125 - 06/02/2021 00:16:46    2330406

Link

Still the most competitive championship. Milltownpass have the players to win it & with a new manager they can finally get over the line. Castledaly will have a big say in it though.

Left Full (Westmeath) - Posts: 197 - 07/02/2021 21:02:51    2330576

Link