Tyrone Forum

Senior Hurling Championship

(Oldest Posts First)

Naomh Columcille 0.08 Eoghan Ruadh 1.14
Great nine point win for Eoghan Ruadh in last nights semi-final at Garvaghy. In truth it could have been a lot more even though the Dungannon lads never got out of second gear. Naomh Columcille only keeping in touch with some very soft frees form a very inexperienced Hurling Referee who seem to be pretty new to the game. Dungannon displayed superior skill and tactical play throughout the field unlike their opponents whose over-physical approach towards certain players proving fruitless. Dungannon could have had three more goals whereas their own goalkeeper was virtually un-challenged all night. They now have the County Final to look forward to on 14th September whereas the Cillies can look forward to the Annual Third Place play-off match with Shamrocks. Good luck to all involved.

martinprince (Tyrone) - Posts: 187 - 27/08/2014 11:27:29    1642856

Link

That's a pretty bitter and arrogant post.

Bit much from someone who plays a sport with only 5 senior teams in the county.

Wally (Tyrone) - Posts: 727 - 28/08/2014 17:11:22    1643641

Link

Every point I made is a fact. Love your username, really paints a picture.

martinprince (Tyrone) - Posts: 187 - 28/08/2014 21:25:07    1643766

Link

Were u playing on Tuesday night Martin Prince? I was a neutral watching the game. While Dungannon deserved to win the game I don't think it was as simple as u make it out to be. The referee was shocking bad for the two teams. In the 1st half NCC appeared to have the upper hand until Dungannon got the goal near the end of the half so I don't think Dungannon were superior with their tactics all through the game like u said. Dungannon were hitting in high hopeful balls to their forwards which they couldn't seem to win. What way could Dungannon have had 3 more goals? I have to agree with Wally and say your comment was a bit cocky and bitter. Saying that Dungannon did deserve to win and will be hard to stop in the final

Hurling32 (Tyrone) - Posts: 2 - 29/08/2014 08:29:21    1643807

Link

I fail to see how NCC had the upper hand when they never led in the entire game and scored only three points from play, whereas Dungannon hit a goal and eight from play!

martinprince (Tyrone) - Posts: 187 - 29/08/2014 10:26:57    1643892

Link

Your facts are correct. I am not disputing that.

But why even start this thread. It is basically just a post of self glorification and ego stroking. There no attempt whatsoever in creating a topic of discussion or debate.

Wally (Tyrone) - Posts: 727 - 29/08/2014 12:12:53    1643995

Link

Wally
County: Tyrone

Your facts are correct. I am not disputing that.

But why even start this thread. It is basically just a post of self glorification and ego stroking. There no attempt whatsoever in creating a topic of discussion or debate.

I disagree Wally, as you have replied twice then it has become a discussion/debate. My original post may seem harsh and as you put it "bitter" but from viewing the proceedings first hand I believe to have explained the game as it was. After all I have my opinion as so does everyone else and everything a have written is open for discussion.

martinprince (Tyrone) - Posts: 187 - 29/08/2014 12:38:41    1644023

Link

Normal order restored in the hurling yesterday. As for your above facts being correct, I seem to remember Dungannon in the 3rd place playoff only a few seasons back, and getting licked in that match too.

geoff (Tyrone) - Posts: 377 - 15/09/2014 08:09:11    1652020

Link

geoff
County: Tyrone

Normal order restored in the hurling yesterday. As for your above facts being correct, I seem to remember Dungannon in the 3rd place playoff only a few seasons back, and getting licked in that match too.

Correct Geoff.
Dungannon totally outplayed in all sectors of the Field yesterday. No Excuses. We simply didn't turn up and Carrickmore took full advantage of it. That's sport and that's tough!! A great Display from Carrickmore and good luck to them, they should do well in Ulster. Dungannon were defeated in the Bronze Medal match in 2011 after a very poor season were the effort from the entire squad was purely abysmal, and we got what we deserved. Since that day the same squad of lads have went on to win 3 Leagues and 2 Championships and only suffered their first defeat in Tyrone Hurling yesterday. So we did learn from our mistakes then and we did progress. Its no surprise that the same Two teams are pushing for the Senior Title every year with the rest quite happy to sit back and share the lesser spoils between them. An achievement of very little importance.

martinprince (Tyrone) - Posts: 187 - 15/09/2014 09:40:49    1652048

Link

I don't understand geoff's scoffing but however I have stopped trying to understand the minds of amadáns.

On the Hurling front. Well done to Eire Og, a well drilled team, excellent stick work, first touch and vision and very sharp in front of goal. They totally out Hurled Eoghan Ruadh and possibly could have inflicted more pain on the score board.

Congratulations Eire Og and good luck in the Ulster Championship where I feel with the level of team work, intensity, fitness and the abundance of Hurling which they posses will take a lot of beating.

wise_guy (Tyrone) - Posts: 1584 - 15/09/2014 18:27:44    1652355

Link

some performance by both teams on Sunday. Carmen performed brilliantly all over the field and DGN just didn't perform.

Carmen have a great shot at Ulster and all the best with it.

26plus6equals1 (Tyrone) - Posts: 430 - 16/09/2014 12:20:18    1652609

Link