Tyrone Forum

Local Media

(Oldest Posts First)

With the advent of the internet media outlets such as teamtalkmag and Q101 are striving to bring local GAA action to a much wider audience with much success. Certainly there are glitches but the benefits are far outweighing the negatives. However, you just need to pick up some of the local papers, many of which have years of experience of covering local games, to see the inaccuracies littering them. The headline inside the back cover of one local paper yesterday is typical of the errors. One wonders does anyone bother to read these articles before going to print. Or is it just a case of firing these things out and so what?

GrizzlyAdams (Tyrone) - Posts: 576 - 19/10/2012 10:25:29    1285360

Link

Correction, they are not reporting local GAA, they are reporting local Football, soccer, rugby and everything else except Hurling! They must get their orders from the county board and the Ulster council!

wise_guy (Tyrone) - Posts: 1584 - 19/10/2012 12:01:43    1285411

Link

Funny-last time I looked at the teamtalk site there were articles on hurling and handball

GrizzlyAdams (Tyrone) - Posts: 576 - 19/10/2012 12:30:37    1285427

Link

I know where you are coming from Grizzly. Agreeing with Wiseguy and as a Hurler i'm disgusted at the Coverage most of our games receive, second class as usual. And back to your original point. The small coverage we did get before the County Final mentioned two Carrickmore players in particular who were expected to have big games in the Final. The same two whom left to go to Australia about 10 weeks previous!!!!

martinprince (Tyrone) - Posts: 187 - 19/10/2012 12:45:43    1285440

Link

martinprince
County: Tyrone

I know where you are coming from Grizzly. Agreeing with Wiseguy and as a Hurler i'm disgusted at the Coverage most of our games receive, second class as usual. And back to your original point. The small coverage we did get before the County Final mentioned two Carrickmore players in particular who were expected to have big games in the Final. The same two whom left to go to Australia about 10 weeks previous!!!!
__________________________________________________________________________________

It should be demand based coverage though. Hurling is not that popular. Most people don't have an interest, especially ulster matches where in general they are low quality. The same has to be said of all the extensive coverage of NI Soccer league matches etc., where there's only an old man and a dog watching.

HokeyPokey (Tyrone) - Posts: 1709 - 20/10/2012 13:57:04    1285868

Link

I'd say your some man to judge the quality HokeyPokey. Go to a few and see what the quality is like. they are as entertaining as Tyrone football championship. What was the semi-final score 5 points each, top drawer stuff that!

wise_guy (Tyrone) - Posts: 1584 - 21/10/2012 13:57:42    1286146

Link