Roscommon Forum

Players Availabilty

(Oldest Posts First)

With the current Coronavirus disrupting all sporting events and putting traveling on hold ? With the Championship looking more and more like a knock out event and not taking place for a few months does this put the Murtaghs back in the picture? Now give Harney, Daly, Kiloran a chance to get fit and participate? Will work duties now allow Nial McInerney being available. That's 4 to 5 starters along with now having some bench to call on.

OntheRoss (Roscommon) - Posts: 5 - 07/04/2020 11:19:26    2275478

Link

Replying To OntheRoss:  "With the current Coronavirus disrupting all sporting events and putting traveling on hold ? With the Championship looking more and more like a knock out event and not taking place for a few months does this put the Murtaghs back in the picture? Now give Harney, Daly, Kiloran a chance to get fit and participate? Will work duties now allow Nial McInerney being available. That's 4 to 5 starters along with now having some bench to call on."
It will definitely give the injured lads like Harney,Mullooly, Killoran Heneghan, and R.Daly more get time to get back fully fit.
Not sure AC would invite back the Murtaghs to this year's panel having not committed for the last couple of months but they would be a big boost.
Hopefully Niall be in a position to commit but doubtful given the strain been put on medical services here and around the world st the moment.

sourmilk93 (Roscommon) - Posts: 607 - 09/04/2020 09:30:36    2275586

Link

Connor devaney?

OhtobeARossie (Roscommon) - Posts: 1500 - 09/04/2020 12:24:07    2275606

Link

Replying To sourmilk93:  "It will definitely give the injured lads like Harney,Mullooly, Killoran Heneghan, and R.Daly more get time to get back fully fit.
Not sure AC would invite back the Murtaghs to this year's panel having not committed for the last couple of months but they would be a big boost.
Hopefully Niall be in a position to commit but doubtful given the strain been put on medical services here and around the world st the moment."
Ciarán already returned? A recent interview I came across.

Ciarain Murtagh is currently putting the finishing touches on his own comeback from a knee injury, but after taking a year out of the game before injury struck he says watching his Roscommon teammates from a distance convinced him he had to return to the county shirt.

"I'd say it has rekindled the fire, to be honest. At the start I stayed away from a few league games, but coming near the end of the league I went in

Yondu (UK) - Posts: 343 - 09/04/2020 14:18:55    2275613

Link

Replying To Yondu:  "Ciarán already returned? A recent interview I came across.

Ciarain Murtagh is currently putting the finishing touches on his own comeback from a knee injury, but after taking a year out of the game before injury struck he says watching his Roscommon teammates from a distance convinced him he had to return to the county shirt.

"I'd say it has rekindled the fire, to be honest. At the start I stayed away from a few league games, but coming near the end of the league I went in
"
Yes read the post yesterday. Good article. I forgot about Heneghan and Devanney.

OntheRoss (Roscommon) - Posts: 5 - 09/04/2020 17:26:56    2275624

Link

Is that 100% about Ciarán Murtagh yeah? If so we will have great options when the season restarts. Harney should be back, Ronan Daly shouldn't be too far away, Killoran and Devanney I'm not as certain about think both are fairly long term. Fintan Cregg was meant to have returned to training before all this, again not 100% about that though. Heneghan May come into contention also but a no need to rush him back after his injury. Wouldn't be no confident of McInerney or Diarmuid Murtagh this year.

Rossie2020 (Roscommon) - Posts: 106 - 10/04/2020 14:10:04    2275701

Link

Replying To Rossie2020:  "Is that 100% about Ciarán Murtagh yeah? If so we will have great options when the season restarts. Harney should be back, Ronan Daly shouldn't be too far away, Killoran and Devanney I'm not as certain about think both are fairly long term. Fintan Cregg was meant to have returned to training before all this, again not 100% about that though. Heneghan May come into contention also but a no need to rush him back after his injury. Wouldn't be no confident of McInerney or Diarmuid Murtagh this year."
I wonder will there be a this year at all in 2020.Must be a real risk of no football championship this Summer.Let's hope that's not the case.

endgame (Roscommon) - Posts: 1320 - 10/04/2020 21:01:53    2275732

Link

We will confuse u even more o mallety?
Wether all are avaable or not there available:-)
Stay safe everyone
Stay home
Worry about who's in and not in a month or 2 hopefully.

OhtobeARossie (Roscommon) - Posts: 1500 - 11/04/2020 01:00:17    2275748

Link

More optimistic now that we will see championship action in 2020.Looks like an October start but maybe that will be brought forward.Hopefully Roscommon will have a full panel of fit players to pick from when All-Ireland championship 2020 finally gets under way.That would not have been the case if we had started the defence of our Connacht title in Ruislip in early May.

endgame (Roscommon) - Posts: 1320 - 05/06/2020 20:49:51    2279961

Link

Replying To endgame:  "More optimistic now that we will see championship action in 2020.Looks like an October start but maybe that will be brought forward.Hopefully Roscommon will have a full panel of fit players to pick from when All-Ireland championship 2020 finally gets under way.That would not have been the case if we had started the defence of our Connacht title in Ruislip in early May."
Hopefully everyone gets through club action and we have a full squad for championship

Tarismelting22 (Roscommon) - Posts: 595 - 11/06/2020 12:17:53    2280412

Link

Diarmuid and Ciaráin Murtagh return to the county panel confirmed by Anthony Cunningham tonight.

The_analyser (Roscommon) - Posts: 2786 - 29/06/2020 18:51:05    2282287

Link

Replying To The_analyser:  "Diarmuid and Ciaráin Murtagh return to the county panel confirmed by Anthony Cunningham tonight."
Yeah fantastic news, Killoran the only player not currently available, please god we can come through the club campaign unscathed and go in to the championship with a full deck to choose from!

Rossie2020 (Roscommon) - Posts: 106 - 29/06/2020 21:46:33    2282315

Link

Replying To Rossie2020:  "Yeah fantastic news, Killoran the only player not currently available, please god we can come through the club campaign unscathed and go in to the championship with a full deck to choose from!"
Shane Killoran got injured last February in Enniskillen.It's another 3.5 months until inter county action.I wonder is he likely to be fit by then.Killoran's an important player for us.We aren't rich with options at midfield.

endgame (Roscommon) - Posts: 1320 - 04/07/2020 21:30:05    2283073

Link