Monaghan Forum

Under 21's

(Oldest Posts First)

Haven't got a chance to see them play this year her, have they got any chance in ulster, any potential in the panel ?

fairplayfan (Monaghan) - Posts: 60 - 14/02/2015 10:50:29    1693423

Link

Very low-key last night. Looked a harsh decision on the red card. Derry very poor in any case, yet still quite laboured from Monaghan. McCarthy class with ball in hand, disappointing night for FMcMahon. Meegans made a telling difference.
Battle of the Ryans the next night will be vital.

Eddie the Exile (Monaghan) - Posts: 738 - 19/03/2015 17:12:42    1704544

Link

Agree with you Eddie,i taught we went through the motions at times,too much hand passing which is madness when you have the fire power we have inside!!!

A much sharper performance will be needed against Donegal and less hand passing as they will have 13 players in their own half to block it up.......

It would be nice for the players to win it out,but is it really more important to bring through 6-7 players that will be able to make an impact at senior level! What you's think?

hardcore (Monaghan) - Posts: 1366 - 19/03/2015 19:57:48    1704592

Link

Is it not better to have a winning mentality? the competition is there to be won so we should put as much effort as possible to win it.. Why would winning an all-Ireland at U21 level be bad for the senior team..

Farney (Monaghan) - Posts: 741 - 19/03/2015 21:05:46    1704629

Link

Ye would be brilliant to win ulster u21 title as the last time was 99 I think no reason why these fellas cant win our subs worked well last night

prideof85 (Monaghan) - Posts: 762 - 19/03/2015 21:12:15    1704630

Link

Who is most likely to make the step up to Senior in the next few years do ya think ?

muckla (UK) - Posts: 328 - 19/03/2015 21:21:49    1704633

Link

Be interesting if it was Wylie vs McHugh,
Are Donegal's U21's defensive ?

MonaghanGlory (Monaghan) - Posts: 702 - 19/03/2015 21:39:55    1704643

Link

Although disappointed at result last night, i was more sickened by the incidence that took place behind the goals. It is my belief that a donegal mentor had been deployed to throw the ball away when it came over the boundary of the field as a means of slowing down the monaghan kick outs (poor sportsmanship an all time low). When approached by an offical to stop the volunteer was assaulted. I really hope that the ulster take action as there is no room in our game for the above. The persons involved should be ashamed.

lorcano (Monaghan) - Posts: 45 - 02/04/2015 15:45:06    1709872

Link

Last Wednesday night's experience in Omagh was one of the most annoying ever for the brave group of supporters who made the journey. We arrived to a pitch which was totally unplayable. There was no consideration given to the safety and welfare of the players. Before a ball is kicked the lights go out (again) and everyone including the players are left waiting for a half hour. When the game eventually starts Monaghan were slightly the better team for the first 20 minutes but then the referee dismisses young Lavelle on the basis of 2 accidental challenges which did not merit a free let alone a card. It appears now that referees are under so much scrutiny and assessment that they can no longer make a decision based on simple common sense. It was when Monaghan were reorganising their team that Donegal essentially won the game with two quick goals. The incident with the Donegal mentor who was deliberately kicking the ball away to delay the Monaghan kickout was disgraceful and the people who sent him to do that must also walk the plank. The sight of young Meegan who had sustained a serious injury being carrier off in the arms of two Monaghan mentors and not a stretcher or medic in sight put the tin hat on an experience best forgotten

decco (Monaghan) - Posts: 43 - 03/04/2015 19:41:04    1710276

Link