Monaghan Forum

2014 All Star Nominations

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Finally I agree with someone on here. Dessie Mone's best chance was last year.

Shaggy Legend seems to find this fact baffling. Not scoring from half-back doesn't help his cause either.

If Monaghan had got over Tyrone and reached the semi final last year then I'm sure one more player might've made it on to the team.

I can't agree with those who say the League should come into it.

The difference between Donegal in the League Final and the Ulster Final was night and day. Two different animals altogether. That's stating the obvious.

Of course it matters how far a team gets in the championship. A team is as good as the sum of their parts. So the team that wins the All-Ireland or gets through to the final generally has the best players in that position. In other words, the players have to perform individually in order to get through. Monaghan didn't perform in the Ulster Final and All-Ireland Quarter Final, both individually and collectively, so alas no All-Stars.

greenalien5 (Monaghan) - Posts: 44 - 02/11/2014 11:12:49    1668971

Link

How is Colin Walshe travelling with the All-Star party to New York? I thought his cruciate injury was going to have him out until next summer..

Farney (Monaghan) - Posts: 737 - 26/11/2014 20:28:25    1675096

Link

Hes a 2013 allstar, so i guess he qualifies. Id say its more a party that a tour!! Wouldn't say hell be doing a whole pile on the pitch.

supermon (Monaghan) - Posts: 1068 - 27/11/2014 19:15:01    1675252

Link