Mayo Forum

London v Mayo 29th May

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Gleebo:  "Coen didn't look out of place at all, ditto most of the new-ish guys that started or got on. C. O'Shea wasn't great, but it could simply be a little too soon for him, wouldn't buy into some of the conspiracy theories here. Come to think of it, what is it with our supporters and rumours?"
A conspiracy theory based on a detail that is completely inaccurate I might add...

This is fairly turning around on you davittsman... Maybe it will inspire you get at least some level of facts right before starting rumors in future?

On o'shea himself, obviously he isn't a corner forward, I don't believe rochford thinks him to be one either and so I doubt he is there to play an orthodox corner forward role. Probably best to just hold fire and see what the management are thinking on this one. Clearly, they don't want to play their hand against London. Judging by the guys that were cut from the squad and the players named in that position over the league, a 2 man inside line mightn't be far from their thinking. He could also drift back in and offer a bit of a backdoor aerial threat when all eyes would be on his brother, like geaney for Kerry in the final against donegal. He is also very mobile for chasing down short kickouts etc. so you can see their thinking a bit.

TheMaster (Mayo) - Posts: 16187 - 01/06/2016 12:17:40    1860484

Link

As an aside, what do people here think about the black and yellow Mayo jersey? Doesn't feel right to me to see a Mayo team wearing anything other than green and red (or at least to have some green and red trim on the away jersey). Some supporters were suggesting that it's probably a part of Mayo's sponsorship agreement with Elvery's to wear the luminous kit for a certain number of fixtures per season.

Gleebo (Mayo) - Posts: 1838 - 02/06/2016 09:37:44    1860764

Link

I really like the jersey. Both teams were changed though as London normally play in green.

the_walls (Mayo) - Posts: 440 - 02/06/2016 12:35:22    1860854

Link

Replying To Gleebo:  "As an aside, what do people here think about the black and yellow Mayo jersey? Doesn't feel right to me to see a Mayo team wearing anything other than green and red (or at least to have some green and red trim on the away jersey). Some supporters were suggesting that it's probably a part of Mayo's sponsorship agreement with Elvery's to wear the luminous kit for a certain number of fixtures per season."
Doesn't bother me. We need two kits. No harm to have a kit that is completely different either, from a playing perspective.

I think some just don't want change in anything, ever.

TheMaster (Mayo) - Posts: 16187 - 02/06/2016 12:49:10    1860860

Link

Not a fan of the black jersey - gives the impression that we're "wannabe" Sligo men.

Positives are that we beat London comfortably while playing within ourselves. Aidan O'Shea looks to be in fine fettle and Cillian O'Connor might learn to improve his tackling. Better to get a black card in Ruislip than in Croker.

pdempsey (Mayo) - Posts: 1313 - 02/06/2016 16:43:05    1860948

Link

MASTER.......I think some just don't want change in anything, ever.
.....bit of real success would be nice

liner (Mayo) - Posts: 756 - 04/06/2016 19:10:19    1861533

Link

Replying To TheMaster:  "Doesn't bother me. We need two kits. No harm to have a kit that is completely different either, from a playing perspective.

I think some just don't want change in anything, ever."
When Ger Loughnane won the all Ireland with Clare he made them give up the white togs.
We've had good success in the black ones!

club51 (Mayo) - Posts: 343 - 20/06/2016 11:20:27    1869445

Link