Leitrim Forum

Leitrim Inter-County 2020

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

I would hazard a guess and say that Terry will mix up the team abit on Saturday night in Newry. He will play players that need game time and will rest anyone with any knocks or at risk etc. Or players we cant afford to get injury.

It would be good for momentum to get a win in Newry but when it comes down to it it makes no odds if we win or lose. Tipp is the big one. Having everyone fit for that will be key.

Newry will also be a good opportunity to create real competition for places now that players are coming back to fitness.

We played Longford in a challenge last weekend and won well with both teams playing weakened sides.

Here's what I'd go with:

Brendan Flynn

Aidan Flynn Conor Farrell Conor Reynolds

Shane Quinn Mark Plunkett Ray Mulvey/David Bruen

Pearce Dolan
Keith Keegan

Sean Flanagan Dean McGovern Riordain O'Rourke

Oisin McLoughin Evan Sweeney Oisin McCaffery

OnTheBank (Australia) - Posts: 160 - 10/03/2020 09:30:04    2273185

Link

Replying To OnTheBank:  "I would hazard a guess and say that Terry will mix up the team abit on Saturday night in Newry. He will play players that need game time and will rest anyone with any knocks or at risk etc. Or players we cant afford to get injury.

It would be good for momentum to get a win in Newry but when it comes down to it it makes no odds if we win or lose. Tipp is the big one. Having everyone fit for that will be key.

Newry will also be a good opportunity to create real competition for places now that players are coming back to fitness.

We played Longford in a challenge last weekend and won well with both teams playing weakened sides.

Here's what I'd go with:

Brendan Flynn

Pearce Dolan
Keith Keegan

Oisin McLoughin Evan Sweeney Oisin McCaffery"
He will 100% go with his strongest team possible. Unless Offaly beat/draw with tipp which I doubt will happen then leitrim need a result in down as our score difference will be a lot worse than tipp or Offaly if the 3 teams end up on 5 points which is likely.

McKiernan
Renoylds
Maguire
Flynn
Quinn
Plunkett
Mcgloin
Wrynn
Dolan/Keegan
Gilheaney (sweeper)
O Rourke
McGovern
Moran
Rooney
Bernie

Champotime18 (Leitrim) - Posts: 214 - 10/03/2020 10:48:40    2273197

Link

Replying To Champotime18:  "I have no issues with the games being fixed for Saturday but they could have fixed them for 2.30pm on Saturday. Gives players and referees the chance to go to Down after the game if they want. The secondary games are on Sunday will also prevent players and supporters of going to support the hurlers in the league final. IMO the games Saturday should have been fixed for 2.30pm and the games Sunday should have been fixed for 11am. If teams then wanted to talk to each other and change the time to suit them then fine but the CCC should have fixed the games to get maximum supporters for both footballers and hurlers."
Co Board carried out survey of number of players attending Louth game- very few. CCE will not object to any Clubs agreeing to earlier throw in on Saturday if requested. That should be an end to that discussion .

leitrimabu1 (Leitrim) - Posts: 80 - 10/03/2020 15:31:11    2273248

Link

Replying To OnTheBank:  "I would hazard a guess and say that Terry will mix up the team abit on Saturday night in Newry. He will play players that need game time and will rest anyone with any knocks or at risk etc. Or players we cant afford to get injury.

Here's what I'd go with:

Brendan Flynn

Pearce Dolan
Keith Keegan

Oisin McLoughin Evan Sweeney Oisin McCaffery"
Crazy!

leitrimabu1 (Leitrim) - Posts: 80 - 10/03/2020 15:33:56    2273249

Link

Replying To leitrimabu1:  "Co Board carried out survey of number of players attending Louth game- very few. CCE will not object to any Clubs agreeing to earlier throw in on Saturday if requested. That should be an end to that discussion ."
Even If one player wanted to go to support there club mates and friends they are prevented.

Champotime18 (Leitrim) - Posts: 214 - 10/03/2020 22:12:35    2273314

Link

Well that's that then.. Take down the teapot, gather around the table and enjoy the rest....

Mugatay (Leitrim) - Posts: 84 - 12/03/2020 15:50:06    2273580

Link