Donegal Forum

Glenswilly v St Eunan's

(Oldest Posts First)

Anyone at this game today?

Finished 3-2 to Glen I see on the website.

Surely a sad indictment of football in the county when games are finishing up with soccer scores.

I know if I was a paying spectator I would not be happy although I'm sure the Glen folk were happy to beat their neighbours.

Football today is definitely more about trying not to get beat rather than trying to win.

ballboy101 (Donegal) - Posts: 167 - 24/07/2016 21:27:27    1889392

Link

Replying To ballboy101:  "Anyone at this game today?

Finished 3-2 to Glen I see on the website.

Surely a sad indictment of football in the county when games are finishing up with soccer scores.

I know if I was a paying spectator I would not be happy although I'm sure the Glen folk were happy to beat their neighbours.

Football today is definitely more about trying not to get beat rather than trying to win."
Was at the game and scoreline had nothing to do with defensive football but more to do with awful shooting. I think there was nearly 30 wides and both teams well short players - heard St Eunans were missing 21 possible players though county senior/minor panel not allowed to play, injuries, lad abroad etc. Also, Ref did not give any scoreable frees to either side - apart from scoreline it was actually a well contested game

LKGael (Donegal) - Posts: 234 - 25/07/2016 09:11:58    1889503

Link