Donegal Forum

Reserve Championships Postponed

(Oldest Posts First)

All Senior B and Intermediate B games postponed indefinitely. The reason given is that a lot of players are travelling back from Dublin to play reserve games at the weekend. Thoughts on this?

DL_Man (Donegal) - Posts: 89 - 20/09/2020 12:16:04    2293160

Link

I'd imagine the desire to get these matches played would be low with the way the numbers are going. I'd imagine the county board will be happy if they get senior, intermediate and junior finals played.

Leaving them until after the senior games was always going to be a problem and I thought they should have had a regional championship for reserves or else a knock out championship. Going to be hard to get numbers with soccer coming back in the next few weeks too.

ballboy101 (Donegal) - Posts: 155 - 20/09/2020 14:00:56    2293176

Link

The word now is that the reserve championships are off completely, although I haven't seen that confirmed. Very disappointing for lads who would have been training since the end of lockdown only to be told after playing the first round that the competition isn't going ahead.

I thought from the beginning that the county board should be looking to make the championships as easy as possible to get played off, in the case of the inevitable second wave.

DL_Man (Donegal) - Posts: 89 - 27/09/2020 13:45:34    2294288

Link