Tyrone Forum

Big clubs poaching players

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Hear clonoe hav raided derrytresk for a player ?? At a time when so many small clubs fighting to keep a float should this be allowed an what does it say about these so called big clubs ??? They all do it

hoopman (Tyrone) - Posts: 105 - 24/12/2017 09:57:19    2065962

Link

Replying To hoopman:  "Hear clonoe hav raided derrytresk for a player ?? At a time when so many small clubs fighting to keep a float should this be allowed an what does it say about these so called big clubs ??? They all do it"
Didn't hear that Hoopman.
However there's a thin line between poaching and a player wanting to move.
I'm personally against any player leaving another club unless there is a legitimate reason. Donie Vaughan has done something similar and their has been quite a backlash.
Maybe county board should investigate or Derrytreask make a formal complaint

The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts: 1790 - 27/12/2017 14:54:00    2066032

Link

Replying To The_Fridge:  "Didn't hear that Hoopman.
However there's a thin line between poaching and a player wanting to move.
I'm personally against any player leaving another club unless there is a legitimate reason. Donie Vaughan has done something similar and their has been quite a backlash.
Maybe county board should investigate or Derrytreask make a formal complaint"
Not sure what needs done if a player wants to go no point in keeping him but young lads get there heads turned by chat last year fannia got brackville lad!! thing all these so called big clubs should just say no stay were ur at if a player moves areas are falls out thts one thing but just leaves well should be a no !!

hoopman (Tyrone) - Posts: 105 - 28/12/2017 13:16:48    2066071

Link

Replying To hoopman:  "Not sure what needs done if a player wants to go no point in keeping him but young lads get there heads turned by chat last year fannia got brackville lad!! thing all these so called big clubs should just say no stay were ur at if a player moves areas are falls out thts one thing but just leaves well should be a no !!"
You really need to learn how to add punctuation to your posts. They are extremely hard to understand.

Just at least add basic full stops and coma's.

Wally (Tyrone) - Posts: 727 - 28/12/2017 16:11:07    2066084

Link

Replying To Wally:  "You really need to learn how to add punctuation to your posts. They are extremely hard to understand.

Just at least add basic full stops and coma's."
Wally sorry for my like of schooling but what has that got to do with post put it simple should the so called big clubs be allowed to take young players off small clubs ?? Older players are lads tht cant get a game do drop down but should the bigger clubs be allowed to keep taking the best youth player i was talking about is round 23 i asked a hill man what age he was not just this one im chatting about its all over county. Hope tht is easy for u to read

hoopman (Tyrone) - Posts: 105 - 28/12/2017 18:37:51    2066099

Link

Replying To hoopman:  "Wally sorry for my like of schooling but what has that got to do with post put it simple should the so called big clubs be allowed to take young players off small clubs ?? Older players are lads tht cant get a game do drop down but should the bigger clubs be allowed to keep taking the best youth player i was talking about is round 23 i asked a hill man what age he was not just this one im chatting about its all over county. Hope tht is easy for u to read"
No sorry but that's still jiberish.

Wally (Tyrone) - Posts: 727 - 28/12/2017 22:00:52    2066108

Link

Replying To Wally:  "No sorry but that's still jiberish."
Whats wrong wally have i hit a sore spot

hoopman (Tyrone) - Posts: 105 - 28/12/2017 23:05:24    2066111

Link

Replying To hoopman:  "Whats wrong wally have i hit a sore spot"
Not at all. I actually have very little opinion on this particular topic.

I think without any proof you are just spreading unsubstantiated bull.

My point is purely to do with your grammar.

You should try to learn how to add punctuation to your posts. It's pretty easy.

Wally (Tyrone) - Posts: 727 - 29/12/2017 09:58:23    2066130

Link

Replying To Wally:  "Not at all. I actually have very little opinion on this particular topic.

I think without any proof you are just spreading unsubstantiated bull.

My point is purely to do with your grammar.

You should try to learn how to add punctuation to your posts. It's pretty easy."
As i said sore point if u cant add opinion then dont answer over past few years clonoe have taken young lads of brocagh derrytresk killyman at my count there around 7 in total none over 23 none younger than 15 im only pointing clonoe here as looks like ur trying to defend them omagh for years have done it so please wally put up r shut up

hoopman (Tyrone) - Posts: 105 - 29/12/2017 10:22:10    2066134

Link

Replying To hoopman:  "As i said sore point if u cant add opinion then dont answer over past few years clonoe have taken young lads of brocagh derrytresk killyman at my count there around 7 in total none over 23 none younger than 15 im only pointing clonoe here as looks like ur trying to defend them omagh for years have done it so please wally put up r shut up"
Can you name the players Clonoe have taken? Can you name the players Omagh have taken?
If a player has been with a club since a child I don't really have a problem if he lives slightly outside a parish boundary. If he and his friends start at a club at a young age fair enough but if they transfer at senior level to a more successful club down the road I feel that's unfair. Many many clubs have players who play for them that aren't tactically in the parish boundaries but have been there since under 8. Maybe their school is close to the club, maybe father or cousin is part of that club etc.

The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts: 1790 - 29/12/2017 12:37:33    2066141

Link

Replying To hoopman:  "As i said sore point if u cant add opinion then dont answer over past few years clonoe have taken young lads of brocagh derrytresk killyman at my count there around 7 in total none over 23 none younger than 15 im only pointing clonoe here as looks like ur trying to defend them omagh for years have done it so please wally put up r shut up"
No as I said there is no sore point or hidden agenda here. This could easily have been a different topic and i would have commented on your punctuation.

If you really want me to get involved then you need to actually create a proper debate.

At the moment all you have done is make exaggerated and unsubstantiated claims.

Name a few facts and I will then engage with you.

If you cannot do this then you are just spreading childish hearsay.

Wally (Tyrone) - Posts: 727 - 29/12/2017 16:33:04    2066164

Link

Replying To Wally:  "No as I said there is no sore point or hidden agenda here. This could easily have been a different topic and i would have commented on your punctuation.

If you really want me to get involved then you need to actually create a proper debate.

At the moment all you have done is make exaggerated and unsubstantiated claims.

Name a few facts and I will then engage with you.

If you cannot do this then you are just spreading childish hearsay."
Wally's right here Hoopman. You have to name the players or it seems like sour grapes.

The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts: 1790 - 29/12/2017 17:29:55    2066170

Link

Replying To The_Fridge:  "Wally's right here Hoopman. You have to name the players or it seems like sour grapes."
It's not often we agree Fridge :-)

Wally (Tyrone) - Posts: 727 - 29/12/2017 20:30:59    2066190

Link

Replying To Wally:  "It's not often we agree Fridge :-)"
;)
Miracles happen I suppose!!!!
Hope you had a good Xmas and enjoy the new year.
Looking forward to the year ahead where plenty of debate will rage.

The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts: 1790 - 29/12/2017 22:00:57    2066200

Link

Replying To The_Fridge:  ";)
Miracles happen I suppose!!!!
Hope you had a good Xmas and enjoy the new year.
Looking forward to the year ahead where plenty of debate will rage."
Cailon corr leaving derrytresk this year being with them from un8 sean hughes killyman captain at time with them from youth wayne mcnally derrytresk ftom youth in hisl last year of minors
Sean corr brackaville from youth to fannia penrose to carickmore mc cullagh omagh theres some names check them out

hoopman (Tyrone) - Posts: 105 - 30/12/2017 03:00:47    2066214

Link

Im very sure others cam name plenty i feel if a player wants to leave a club he should made go to a small club tht need players .by the way i checked with derrytresk freind about corr and he has told them hes leaving them for clonoe Waz told this last year by clonoe man yhat he would be joining them i just think its very unfair.an ps if my crammars not ok wally but at near 70 it is what it is

hoopman (Tyrone) - Posts: 105 - 30/12/2017 03:09:09    2066215

Link

Replying To hoopman:  "Cailon corr leaving derrytresk this year being with them from un8 sean hughes killyman captain at time with them from youth wayne mcnally derrytresk ftom youth in hisl last year of minors
Sean corr brackaville from youth to fannia penrose to carickmore mc cullagh omagh theres some names check them out"
Hoop man
I'm from the west so I can't say if you are correct. However I'd be very surprised if the players you name all switch club. I would say some man heard it in the pub and is telling everyone it's gospel. When I see these players wearing the Clonoe or Coalisland jerseys il believe it. Sounds let hearsay to me.
I disagree about Penrose leaving Agyaran, I know he married a girl from Carrickmore and lived there however it's not that far to travel.
Who is McCullagh from Omagh?

The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts: 1790 - 30/12/2017 10:03:06    2066223

Link

Replying To The_Fridge:  "Hoop man
I'm from the west so I can't say if you are correct. However I'd be very surprised if the players you name all switch club. I would say some man heard it in the pub and is telling everyone it's gospel. When I see these players wearing the Clonoe or Coalisland jerseys il believe it. Sounds let hearsay to me.
I disagree about Penrose leaving Agyaran, I know he married a girl from Carrickmore and lived there however it's not that far to travel.
Who is McCullagh from Omagh?"
Hughes left killyman few years back after there run didnt make grade at clonoe but still there sean corr again joined fannia last year but only made reserves young corr joining clonoe this year the man that told me showed me msg he sent to players its no skin of my nose who leaves the hill but think its unfair on all small clubs that there best players are got at most times they end up in reserves

hoopman (Tyrone) - Posts: 105 - 30/12/2017 10:19:11    2066226

Link

Replying To hoopman:  "Hughes left killyman few years back after there run didnt make grade at clonoe but still there sean corr again joined fannia last year but only made reserves young corr joining clonoe this year the man that told me showed me msg he sent to players its no skin of my nose who leaves the hill but think its unfair on all small clubs that there best players are got at most times they end up in reserves"
If what you say is true then it's unfair. Clubs should make a complaint and should be investigated.
Who's McCullagh playing for Omagh?

The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts: 1790 - 30/12/2017 12:19:17    2066242

Link

Replying To The_Fridge:  "If what you say is true then it's unfair. Clubs should make a complaint and should be investigated.
Who's McCullagh playing for Omagh?"
Sorry waz back few years he left omagh for domore waz it collie x country player

hoopman (Tyrone) - Posts: 105 - 31/12/2017 16:06:52    2066382

Link