Sligo Forum

Sligo 2019

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Any reports from the Roscommon game? Cheers

Sligonian (Sligo) - Posts: 1543 - 13/01/2019 18:37:03    2156916

Link

Replying To Sligonian:  "Any reports from the Roscommon game? Cheers"
Heard debutants played well. Didn't make it to game myself. But by all accounts was a great performance first half. Brian mcgowan made debut played well moved for ball. Murphy was exceptional as expected. Was hearing a lot about Towey and he lived up to the hype apparently. Rosocmmon supporters asking who he was. Still u20 though?? Should he be playing 20s or should he play senior ? By the looks of it seniors need him

SligoGaa12 (Sligo) - Posts: 10 - 14/01/2019 01:52:09    2156981

Link

Replying To Sligonian:  "Any reports from the Roscommon game? Cheers"
It was highly entertaining and error ridden game with both teams playing in similar looking drab jerseys in poor light. Let's have more of it!

Maggiepie (Sligo) - Posts: 211 - 15/01/2019 18:32:08    2157392

Link

Both defences are in trouble for 2019, no offence but ours even more so cause of the standard of opposition we will be meeting, that said ye have a far better chance of not being relegated than us.

OhtobeARossie (Roscommon) - Posts: 1500 - 16/01/2019 17:58:56    2157615

Link

Very refreshing hearing Taylor after the Roscommon game talking about a lack of work rate in the opening exchanges, no sugar coating honest assessment, can't afford that against Carlow, it shouldn't but no doubt it will give some players a boost how roscommon did yesterday, it will be an interesting and very much a new look Sligo, any word on Liam Gaughans fitness? Newcomers will have to do alot more than perform in fbd to say they live up to the hype sligogaa12, he is good but alot to prove.

Sligonian (Sligo) - Posts: 1543 - 22/01/2019 02:29:03    2158814

Link

Replying To Sligonian:  "Very refreshing hearing Taylor after the Roscommon game talking about a lack of work rate in the opening exchanges, no sugar coating honest assessment, can't afford that against Carlow, it shouldn't but no doubt it will give some players a boost how roscommon did yesterday, it will be an interesting and very much a new look Sligo, any word on Liam Gaughans fitness? Newcomers will have to do alot more than perform in fbd to say they live up to the hype sligogaa12, he is good but alot to prove."
Liam Gaughan not committing to Sligo this year, along with Kyle Cawley and Kevin Mc. Apparently Towey is off to Oz in March? Sligonian a clubman of yours can you confirm this? Great to see young lads being given a chance alright, some other lads brought into the panel clearly still have a lot to prove. Any word on Ewing lads, is he committing? Sunday will be a huge test

pointman2007 (Sligo) - Posts: 188 - 22/01/2019 21:59:58    2159000

Link

Replying To pointman2007:  "Liam Gaughan not committing to Sligo this year, along with Kyle Cawley and Kevin Mc. Apparently Towey is off to Oz in March? Sligonian a clubman of yours can you confirm this? Great to see young lads being given a chance alright, some other lads brought into the panel clearly still have a lot to prove. Any word on Ewing lads, is he committing? Sunday will be a huge test"
As far as I am aware Liam is training away with Sligo.

Anto (Sligo) - Posts: 278 - 23/01/2019 11:19:45    2159065

Link

Replying To Anto:  "As far as I am aware Liam is training away with Sligo."
I heard same, came into the panel a bit later than others

muscles (Sligo) - Posts: 349 - 23/01/2019 13:15:46    2159086

Link

Love the new jersey, great to see us going back to our traditional prominently white kit.

pointman2007 (Sligo) - Posts: 188 - 24/01/2019 23:14:11    2159377

Link

Replying To pointman2007:  "Love the new jersey, great to see us going back to our traditional prominently white kit."
God no, the all black kit made us unique and looked much better anyway and now with no explanation for doing it they have gone and changed back to white. As for being traditional, the teams of the 20's that won Connacht wore all black so to say it's traditional is questionable.

ChasingShadows (Sligo) - Posts: 49 - 25/01/2019 09:24:45    2159405

Link

Looking forward to the game on Sunday. It will be very difficult against a Carlow team with no imaginaion only to pack the defence and prevent the opposition scoring. We cannot concede scorable frees cos from play they won't score much. Big test for the lads but I am optimistic and a win there would be massive as we have Down the following week which will be a lot tougher.

eoinog (Sligo) - Posts: 815 - 25/01/2019 11:49:14    2159437

Link

Best of luck today players and management

Sligonian (Sligo) - Posts: 1543 - 27/01/2019 04:51:53    2159830

Link

Replying To eoinog:  "Looking forward to the game on Sunday. It will be very difficult against a Carlow team with no imaginaion only to pack the defence and prevent the opposition scoring. We cannot concede scorable frees cos from play they won't score much. Big test for the lads but I am optimistic and a win there would be massive as we have Down the following week which will be a lot tougher."
They won't score much? only double what Sligo scored. Sligo completely outclassed.

[email protected] (Galway) - Posts: 24 - 27/01/2019 15:41:16    2159909

Link

Replying To eoinog:  "Looking forward to the game on Sunday. It will be very difficult against a Carlow team with no imaginaion only to pack the defence and prevent the opposition scoring. We cannot concede scorable frees cos from play they won't score much. Big test for the lads but I am optimistic and a win there would be massive as we have Down the following week which will be a lot tougher."
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing .
Sligo score one point from play and beaten by 7.
Hope you have it easier against Down !!

Blackbog (Carlow) - Posts: 531 - 27/01/2019 15:45:09    2159913

Link

Replying To Blackbog:  "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing .
Sligo score one point from play and beaten by 7.
Hope you have it easier against Down !!"
Did I ruffle a few Carlow feathers. You deservedly won. We scored an own goal and that gave you a cushion and with the defensive system ye play plus our inexperienced and young forwards it was game over. I don't have the stats in front of me but nearly all your scores were from frees. A well organised, fit Carlow team without any imagination...

eoinog (Sligo) - Posts: 815 - 27/01/2019 16:34:30    2159948

Link

No feathers ruffled . Just had to comment on how easy it was going to be for you in prep for a real game next week. and now you end up making excuses. Our Jordan Morrissey was probably the youngest player on show today.
Anyway good luck next week

Blackbog (Carlow) - Posts: 531 - 27/01/2019 17:17:19    2159975

Link

Replying To eoinog:  "Did I ruffle a few Carlow feathers. You deservedly won. We scored an own goal and that gave you a cushion and with the defensive system ye play plus our inexperienced and young forwards it was game over. I don't have the stats in front of me but nearly all your scores were from frees. A well organised, fit Carlow team without any imagination..."
Dont post rubbish when you dont know what your talking about - any neutral at the game today will tell you carlow completly outplayed sligo. I really would worry for ye as that was a very poor performance from sligo today, they only kicked 1 point from play and that was the last point of the game

Gaaman1987 (Carlow) - Posts: 22 - 27/01/2019 19:15:03    2160051

Link

Replying To eoinog:  "Did I ruffle a few Carlow feathers. You deservedly won. We scored an own goal and that gave you a cushion and with the defensive system ye play plus our inexperienced and young forwards it was game over. I don't have the stats in front of me but nearly all your scores were from frees. A well organised, fit Carlow team without any imagination..."
Carlow scored 8 points from play out of 1 11. Don't think that's the majority from frees?

CarlowRising44 (Carlow) - Posts: 13 - 27/01/2019 20:20:41    2160092

Link

Replying To Gaaman1987:  "Dont post rubbish when you dont know what your talking about - any neutral at the game today will tell you carlow completly outplayed sligo. I really would worry for ye as that was a very poor performance from sligo today, they only kicked 1 point from play and that was the last point of the game"
Have ye got no forum in Carlow to post on how great you are, beating a young inexperience Sligo team in your own ground. I appreciate that ye are worried for us but we will be fine. I think ye are getting a little excited cos playing in Div 3 is new to you. I think ye should keep your powder dry, there will be bigger tests for you. Brendan Murphy is a fantastic player head and shoulders above every other player on the pitch and our 19 and 21 year old midfielder's were completely blown away. Best of luck in the remaining league games

eoinog (Sligo) - Posts: 815 - 27/01/2019 20:29:39    2160096

Link

Replying To eoinog:  "Have ye got no forum in Carlow to post on how great you are, beating a young inexperience Sligo team in your own ground. I appreciate that ye are worried for us but we will be fine. I think ye are getting a little excited cos playing in Div 3 is new to you. I think ye should keep your powder dry, there will be bigger tests for you. Brendan Murphy is a fantastic player head and shoulders above every other player on the pitch and our 19 and 21 year old midfielder's were completely blown away. Best of luck in the remaining league games"
Embarrassing post yet again. Instead of congratulating Carlow you just point out excuses. Carlow fully deserving of their win. Sligo a poor outfit.

[email protected] (Galway) - Posts: 24 - 27/01/2019 23:20:30    2160198

Link