Leitrim Forum

Leitrim V Mayo.

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To RossiesRus:  "We are going for our 5th Connacht final appearance in a row, that is pretty impressive. Ye still getting the VHS of 94 out every night to rewatch?"
Oh wowwwwww fifth final in a row. And how have you done in the super 8's? Humiliated each year. Leitrim know our limitations, unfortunately our neighbour's supporters don't. No point going to Croke Park every year and filling the shorties.

republicofcloone (Leitrim) - Posts: 375 - 27/10/2020 14:02:21    2302007

Link

Replying To RossiesRus:  "Division 2 sides can sometimes be got at, they wouldn't be at the level of division 1 teams like Roscommon or Galway, so you catch a division 2 team like Mayo on an off day you might be able to keep the margain to double digits, you would need everything to go in your favour though. Luckily for ye that ye are not facing a division 1 team."
9 posts for RossieRus and 6 of them on the Leitrim forum. Similar trends to all his other alter egos.

Mayo will hammer us unfortunately. We need to find ourselves some defenders from somewhere. All things told we weren't too far off staying in Division 3. So getting out of Division 4 and staying in Divisiom 3 for a few years has to be the aim. Actually think we would have stayed up only for the break.

SeanMacDiarmada (Leitrim) - Posts: 310 - 27/10/2020 14:05:22    2302012

Link

Replying To RossiesRus:  "Division 2 sides can sometimes be got at, they wouldn't be at the level of division 1 teams like Roscommon or Galway, so you catch a division 2 team like Mayo on an off day you might be able to keep the margain to double digits, you would need everything to go in your favour though. Luckily for ye that ye are not facing a division 1 team."
Ye would know all about facing division two sides anyway as ye are up and down out of it like a jack in the box. Fair play to ye for getting promoted anyway for another year for Kerry, Dublin, Tyrone, Galway etc to show ye the real level ye are at.

foneyforme (Leitrim) - Posts: 143 - 27/10/2020 14:06:34    2302013

Link

Super 8 talk in Leitrim, it's a wonder ye know it exists. Haha.

Anyways good luck Sunday we like to cheer on the under dog in Ros and that will be Leitrim so good luck. I still find it amusing that some Leitrim folk dislike Roscommon because you think you are our rival, that ended for you in the mid 2000s I'm afraid.

RossiesRus (Roscommon) - Posts: 29 - 27/10/2020 14:09:12    2302016

Link

Replying To SeanMacDiarmada:  "9 posts for RossieRus and 6 of them on the Leitrim forum. Similar trends to all his other alter egos.

Mayo will hammer us unfortunately. We need to find ourselves some defenders from somewhere. All things told we weren't too far off staying in Division 3. So getting out of Division 4 and staying in Divisiom 3 for a few years has to be the aim. Actually think we would have stayed up only for the break."
Exactly and he denies he has other accounts you know!! He must think we are all as stupid as him!!!

foneyforme (Leitrim) - Posts: 143 - 27/10/2020 14:09:53    2302017

Link

Replying To SeanMacDiarmada:  "9 posts for RossieRus and 6 of them on the Leitrim forum. Similar trends to all his other alter egos.

Mayo will hammer us unfortunately. We need to find ourselves some defenders from somewhere. All things told we weren't too far off staying in Division 3. So getting out of Division 4 and staying in Divisiom 3 for a few years has to be the aim. Actually think we would have stayed up only for the break."
Yeh and the same buck is quick to ask for mods to ban posters on his own forum i see. Very irritating. Pity some Mayo posters wouldn't see his carry on and compare notes with him on being in a big 3 lol

republicofcloone (Leitrim) - Posts: 375 - 27/10/2020 14:09:59    2302018

Link

Replying To republicofcloone:  "Oh wowwwwww fifth final in a row. And how have you done in the super 8's? Humiliated each year. Leitrim know our limitations, unfortunately our neighbour's supporters don't. No point going to Croke Park every year and filling the shorties."
Dublin's reserve team beat them Too. And they nearly added another bank holiday when they beat the worst team in super eights (division three team this year) cork in a dead rubber. Laughable stuff. Suppose we shouldn't burst their bubble in a way. Lovely to see them getting whipped every year on Croke park though. Although it's like a good film you've seen before. U watch it again and again even though u know what the ending will be.

foneyforme (Leitrim) - Posts: 143 - 27/10/2020 14:12:15    2302020

Link

Replying To republicofcloone:  "Oh wowwwwww fifth final in a row. And how have you done in the super 8's? Humiliated each year. Leitrim know our limitations, unfortunately our neighbour's supporters don't. No point going to Croke Park every year and filling the shorties."
Five in a row yea!! Even though there are only "three big teams". Massive achievement in a five county province. Imagine if he was from Kerry or Dublin who actually do win Stuff.

foneyforme (Leitrim) - Posts: 143 - 27/10/2020 14:13:53    2302021

Link

Replying To RossiesRus:  "Super 8 talk in Leitrim, it's a wonder ye know it exists. Haha.

Anyways good luck Sunday we like to cheer on the under dog in Ros and that will be Leitrim so good luck. I still find it amusing that some Leitrim folk dislike Roscommon because you think you are our rival, that ended for you in the mid 2000s I'm afraid."
We have to hear it on the local radio with constant radio ads about how youse are 'playing' some team in the super 8 ie getting annihilated. It's because of 'supporters' like yourself the rest of Connacht don't like Roscommon, nothing else. The team is grand, no notions about their place in the hierarchy, big 3 indeed lol

republicofcloone (Leitrim) - Posts: 375 - 27/10/2020 14:14:59    2302022

Link

Replying To foneyforme:  "Exactly and he denies he has other accounts you know!! He must think we are all as stupid as him!!!"
Well I hate to break it to you but you must be stupid so as i have no other account.

Why don't ye discuss the game and not me, i came on here wishing you well but think ye will get well beaten, obviously you don't want to hear that.

Good luck from all in Ros.

RossiesRus (Roscommon) - Posts: 29 - 27/10/2020 14:16:03    2302024

Link

Replying To RossiesRus:  "Well I hate to break it to you but you must be stupid so as i have no other account.

Why don't ye discuss the game and not me, i came on here wishing you well but think ye will get well beaten, obviously you don't want to hear that.

Good luck from all in Ros."
You set up a brand new account to do that? Why no posts on your own forum, there's some brilliant wisdom and analysing on it, and it's never sour. You came on for a reaction and you got it. Have a super day sweet cheeks.

republicofcloone (Leitrim) - Posts: 375 - 27/10/2020 14:19:39    2302029

Link

Don't know where yere hostility towards us comes from. We in Ros wish nothing but luck for little leitrim.

RossiesRus (Roscommon) - Posts: 29 - 27/10/2020 14:55:00    2302066

Link

Great to read ye have unmarkable superstars coming through from reading the comments. I wouldn't know who he are on about as wouldn't know players from the weaker counties but well done on producing such players.

RossiesRus (Roscommon) - Posts: 29 - 27/10/2020 15:22:07    2302089

Link

If only some Mayo posters were on here to see the sheer arrogance of the above.

republicofcloone (Leitrim) - Posts: 375 - 28/10/2020 08:14:53    2302331

Link

Replying To republicofcloone:  "If only some Mayo posters were on here to see the sheer arrogance of the above."
I'd say RossieRus is more than likely a Leitrim lad just looking for a wind up. Probably succeeding too.

Will Shane Moran be available to ye on Sunday? Tyrone struggled against Mayo to get the ball out from their own kick out in the 2nd half on Sunday as Mayo's press was very good against the wind. You'd need 2 good fielders to overcome this which I think Wrynn & Moran are. Hopefully O'Rourke overcomes his injury too as he'll do damage on Sunday if he's fit.

Rossiemad (None) - Posts: 94 - 28/10/2020 10:01:09    2302348

Link

Replying To Rossiemad:  "I'd say RossieRus is more than likely a Leitrim lad just looking for a wind up. Probably succeeding too.

Will Shane Moran be available to ye on Sunday? Tyrone struggled against Mayo to get the ball out from their own kick out in the 2nd half on Sunday as Mayo's press was very good against the wind. You'd need 2 good fielders to overcome this which I think Wrynn & Moran are. Hopefully O'Rourke overcomes his injury too as he'll do damage on Sunday if he's fit."
Its one game of football on the day and no back door , anything could happen but Mayo on paper are far superior. Connacht is between Mayo and Galway the two traditional power houses especially in knock out football.

Buzzcagney62 (Leitrim) - Posts: 189 - 28/10/2020 10:36:38    2302370

Link

I think the key thing for Sunday is to stay competitive for as long as we possibly can. Its a game we wont win but we can aim for a morale victory. This years format means Mayo will need to hit the ground running so I don't expect them to let up and fair to say the subs they will bring on will be much stronger than our reserves.

So, the key areas for a good performance, no more than 2 goals conceeded, frees cannot be missed and we cannot be playing with 14 men at any stage

Im well aware this is a negative comment but its how i see it. If we are within 10 points of them at the long whistle, thats a good days work! feel free to correct me!!

journeyman11 (Leitrim) - Posts: 47 - 28/10/2020 10:51:52    2302376

Link

Sunday is flying towards us, even though I expect we will get beaten I think we will give it a great go. Tipp are a good team and we gave them plenty to think about.

Jayo1908 (Leitrim) - Posts: 16 - 28/10/2020 12:42:14    2302448

Link

Did we ever have such strength in depth in our squad in the last 20 years?

Jayo1908 (Leitrim) - Posts: 16 - 28/10/2020 13:13:33    2302464

Link

Lads ye have 1 lad most probably from your own county just putting up rubbish and answering himself with bigger rubbish.
Good luck on Sunday, the wind up rubbish has nought to do with us we prefer the long grass.

OhtobeARossie (Roscommon) - Posts: 1540 - 28/10/2020 13:49:09    2302483

Link