Wicklow Forum

Senior hurling championship

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Leighton was good today he was unlucky to miss tat free but bray should of bein well ahead missed a lot of score in first half after playin with the wind and glenealy came out in second half for first ten mins were brilliant but bray fought there way back in to it with 14 men john hen and christy were outstandin and also the ref was bad a lot of decision went against bray Gary Byrne kicked Christy legs from him and only got a yellow card didn't see wat the full back done

thereds (Wicklow) - Posts: 39 - 05/10/2014 21:54:58    1660556

Link

Well that was a cracker of a game. I had different winners at 3 different stages of the game. End of the first half I said it was Brays to lose and couldn't see Glenealy clawing back 6 points, 5 mins into the 2nd half and I couldn't see Glenealy being stopped. It was unreal. Both teams gave everything they had. Bray had their homework done all over the field and S. Nolan and L. Glynn didn't dominate like they did in the semis.

Last 2 mins were hearting stopping. Christy taking a short free and Glenealy having the chance to level it. It really was entertaining and made a great final. Hats off to Bray because they have been coming strong for the last few years but commiserations to Glenealy, what a magnificent team and it was unlucky not to get 5 in a row.

SidelineSupreme (Wicklow) - Posts: 162 - 06/10/2014 10:27:04    1660604

Link

Glenealy will know they left this one behind them.Bray with a strong wind behind them d minated the first half and should have been more than 6 points ahead at halftime. Glenealy came out after the break and hurled Bray off the field for 10 mminutes and went 3 point's up and had two great goal chances which would have put them out of sight,The sending off of Kiely seemed to affect Glenealy more than Bray,and for some strange reason they went all defensive and handed the initiative back to Bray who out scored them 5 points to 1 in the final quarter.The ref handeld the game well but should red carded another Bray player for a deliberate strike with the hurl on Gary Byrne which was worse than Kiley's offence but he bottled it.Leighton was unlucky with the free for the equaliser which drifted just wide, but his striking seemed to be off even in the first half when he unusually miss hit a few balls. All in all it was great contest, but Glenealy will be rueing the fact that they didn't push on when the game was their,s for the taking, I thought Bray also tactically got it spot on and were very decisive,while the Glenealy mentors seemed very slow to react.Bray are the champions for 2014,but I wouldn't write Glenealy off next year,they will be hurting after this defeat but the weight of history won't be on their backs,and who would bet again them going on another run of titles.

pistelero (Wicklow) - Posts: 1715 - 06/10/2014 13:02:55    1660675

Link

Agree 100%, cannot write them off but that's the monkey off Brays back now and its proof that the reds aren't invincible. At the moment though Wicklow hurling is a 2 horse race, no other club could of contested that final.

SidelineSupreme (Wicklow) - Posts: 162 - 06/10/2014 16:10:41    1660762

Link

Well done Bray Emmets. Great to see a new team making the break through.

SupersizeMe (Wicklow) - Posts: 173 - 06/10/2014 16:28:05    1660771

Link