Tyrone Forum

Eoghan Ruadh. Champions!!!!!!

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Wiseguy I see your at your usual bogball bashing again. Can I remind you again if it wasn't for generations of bogball enthusiats there wouldn't be any hurling in the county. For the last hundred years the facilities put in place by the football people have been at the disposal of the hurling fraternity. I for one don't begrudge the use of those facilities and am mightily impressed by the strides made in Dungannon and have made my own small financial contribution to the project. Now given that the hurling club is now undertaking a massive fund raising campaign do yo think it's a good idea to be insulting or alienating your fellow gaels. If I heard these sentiments emanating from representatives of the club I would be concerned.

Skillful_Bill (Tyrone) - Posts: 102 - 30/08/2013 13:16:41    1471397

Link

The year just keeps getting better. Eoghan ruadh today won the prestigious all Ireland u12 tournament hosted by mullinahone in county Tipperary with teams competing from tipp, cork, Clare, Galway, Kilkenny and offaly. Future is definitely bright.

martinprince (Tyrone) - Posts: 187 - 31/08/2013 19:10:15    1471980

Link

Well done to the Dungannon lads.

Skillful_Bill (Tyrone) - Posts: 102 - 31/08/2013 21:34:05    1472099

Link

Yes I am referring to David Lavery currently in Australia... Likewise Eire Og could say the same about Justin Kelly!

Skilful Bill, I know all about it.. If it wasn't for my grandfathers generosity along with its fondness of whiskey and horses the bogballers wouldn't of had their first GAA pitch in Tyrone... That's O'Neill Park by the way. And how would there be no hurling anyway you amadán, sure it's been around for thousands of years!!!!

wise_guy (Tyrone) - Posts: 1584 - 01/09/2013 14:51:38    1472285

Link

What an incredible win by the Dungannon U12 hurlers in Tipperary on Sat. From seeing tweets and facebook there were 16 teams from 14 different Counties in this tournament.

I am also led to believe that Dungannon had 20 U10's in Tipperary on Saturday also. From reading different hurling club notes some of the clubs in Tyrone don't even attend Tyrone blitzs never mind take almost 50 children on over 400 mile round trip for games. The U10's done this trip on one day too.

How can any club in Tyrone compete with Dungannon when they cant get themselves or their players out of their beds on a Saturday morning yet Dungannon seem to be in the South, in Derry or in Antrim every other weekend.

For the good of Tyrone hurling Dungannon needs other teams to step up to the plate.

Can I also point out that Eoghan Ruadh won another minor Championship/league double on Friday too.

26plus6equals1 (Tyrone) - Posts: 430 - 02/09/2013 16:35:59    1473315

Link

Magnificent achievement by the young Eoghan Ruadh lads in Tipp, beat teams from the top Hurling counties including Kilkenny, Tipp, Galway as well as Meath and Carlow! Unreal win for the lads!!!

wise_guy (Tyrone) - Posts: 1584 - 06/09/2013 17:24:30    1476785

Link

Great year continues for Eoghan Ruadh. On Saturday the U12s won their fifth tournament of the year with victory over several of the top clubs in Ulster Hurling. Yesterday the U16s had a facile victory in the Championship final over NCC to complete a Championship Clean Sweep in Tyrone for the second year on the trot. Brillant stuff. All Tyrone Hurling Championships proudly in the one Club. Eoghan Ruadh Abu.

martinprince (Tyrone) - Posts: 187 - 21/10/2013 14:01:38    1503845

Link

And the Dungannon lads bring home the Mullinahone Cup for the second year running. This is no small achievement! Well done to all involved.

wise_guy (Tyrone) - Posts: 1584 - 31/08/2014 11:12:58    1645068

Link

Well done lads. A great team and a Brillant Tournament.

martinprince (Tyrone) - Posts: 187 - 01/09/2014 09:37:30    1645707

Link

Almost a year to the day of the below post. Not sure if anything has changed or is it even worse. Fintona putting in a good effort and Carrickmore doing a bit extra also but NCC seem to have gone backwards.

What an incredible win by the Dungannon U12 hurlers in Tipperary on Sat. From seeing tweets and facebook there were 16 teams from 14 different Counties in this tournament.

I am also led to believe that Dungannon had 20 U10's in Tipperary on Saturday also. From reading different hurling club notes some of the clubs in Tyrone don't even attend Tyrone blitzs never mind take almost 50 children on over 400 mile round trip for games. The U10's done this trip on one day too.

How can any club in Tyrone compete with Dungannon when they cant get themselves or their players out of their beds on a Saturday morning yet Dungannon seem to be in the South, in Derry or in Antrim every other weekend.

For the good of Tyrone hurling Dungannon needs other teams to step up to the plate.

26plus6equals1 (Tyrone) - Posts: 430 - 01/09/2014 09:42:38    1645713

Link