Monaghan Forum

Drew Wylie out for the season??

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

sceptical
County: Cavan
Argue had the chance to take Drew to the cleaners but didn't or couldn't,Drew was on one leg throughout and hadn't trained in 6 weeks but the warrior he is soldiered on and probably broke even in the end. Stop been so concerned about Monaghan and the Ulster Championship its over for another year for ye get over it. We may or may not beat the winners of Donegal/Derry but we it wont be for lack of desire or commitment. Cavan have the makings of a good wee team but your obsession with Monaghan is getting boring. Listening to Northern Sound commentary on the London/Cavan game it all I kept hearing was "We are as good as Monaghan". Your as good as a team when you beat them when it counts.

pavillion (Monaghan) - Posts: 21 - 23/06/2015 12:04:13    1741455

Link

patk
County: Monaghan

It's doubtful Drew would be on Murphy even if he was fit. No better man than Vinny for that job.

Ulster Final 2013 Vinny was on Murphy, Drew on McFadden and Walshe on McBrearty if I remember correctly.

supermon (Monaghan) - Posts: 1071 - 23/06/2015 12:47:56    1741493

Link

It probably depends on whether the cruciate is torn or strained.
If it is torn, he will need an operation.
I was however pleasantly surprised to see him jogging in behind the goals yesterday before the game and actually kicking the odd ball out to team mates.
Drew is a warrior and he'd probably play on one leg if he got the chance, (come to think of it he did play on one leg against Cavan !)
The most important thing is that he gets good medical advice and doesn't rush back too quickly.

Monagael, where are you coming up with this, any injury to the ACL is a tear, you cannot simply pull/strain your ACL. you can have complete tears or 40%, 50%, 60% tears etc. Ideally any injury to the ACL needs surgery, some people try to put it off for a while, by strengthening the knee, to avoid missing a big match. This in itself is a major task and one not too many have accomplished.
And for those saying Argue destroyed him? Argue never won one clean ball, his only way of trying to get the better of Drew was by hanging out of him. Even with one good leg, Drew embarassed Argue on the field.
Enjoy the qualifiers Cavan and let it go, Monaghan came out on top again, deal with it.

eirekeeper (Monaghan) - Posts: 67 - 23/06/2015 13:00:30    1741504

Link

Oh but you and every other monaghan man woman and child know that the guard is about to change. Argue is limited but still tested wylie. Dont get me wrong, he is a very good footbsller but he is merely a stopgap full back. Corry is 33 years old. Clerkin, a 34 year old won the game for yous. If we had killian clarke to spring from the bench we would have seen yous off.

sceptical (Cavan) - Posts: 542 - 23/06/2015 13:23:28    1741525

Link

23/06/2015 12:47:56
supermon
County: Monaghan

Ulster Final 2013 Vinny was on Murphy, Drew on McFadden and Walshe on McBrearty if I remember correctly.

Exactly. I'd have full confidence in Vinny, he often gets put on the opposition danger man and rarely lets us down. Possibly our most underrated player I would say.

Of more concern to me would be Walshe's form, especially given McBrearty's form if he's given that job again. Rustiness is to be expected after his injury but that could be the key battle in the final, assuming Donegal beat Derry of course.

patk (Monaghan) - Posts: 875 - 23/06/2015 13:42:15    1741547

Link

sceptical

Even if Killian Clarke, Charlie from Cootehill or the "Gunner" were playing Monaghan still would have got over the line. When the game was in the melting pot the big men stood up and grabbed the opportunity.We all know Vinny and Dicks age but thanks for the remainder fabulous servants for Monaghan and their clubs. As I said in last post Cavan have a good team and are improving but let the Monaghan obsession go its not good for you getting this annoyed about a game that was completed over 3 weeks ago.

pavillion (Monaghan) - Posts: 21 - 23/06/2015 15:03:30    1741607

Link

sceptical

Cavan are no further on than they were 2 years ago, 4 years ago, 10 years ago... Every year it's next year.

Unfortunately it looks like it'll remain that way and the reason is you don't have any real forwards. Until some appear you will be going nowhere at Ulster level or All-Ireland level. Without very good forwards it's too difficult to put 6 winning games back to back, which is what is required to win the all-ireland through the front door. It's a pity for a former power of Gaelic football but that's the way it is.

rcarragh (Dublin) - Posts: 299 - 23/06/2015 15:26:42    1741625

Link

sceptical

Drew wylie struggled to contain Michael argue, a 21 year old who to my knowledge had virtually no experience of full forward at any championship level. If yous are to take the laughable comment about September on the ulster champ thread seriously then vs donaghy murphy etc yous are in trouble.

There are some great discussions going on on the Cavan forum at the moment about the Roscommon game, The good minor team Cavan have and the club scene at present. I was going to join in on some of these discussions but was afraid they might think I was being intrusive or even obsessed with them.
I didn't notice anything from you on any of the topics, maybe your too busy writing about us or you have nothing of any value to add

mhunicean_abu (Monaghan) - Posts: 830 - 23/06/2015 16:17:59    1741668

Link

Sure isn't our "Sceptical" neighbour from Cavan over qualified in cod chat.

A long post match traffic jam in the same car as Joe Brolly would suit Sceptical I feel.

Knoxboyo (Monaghan) - Posts: 170 - 24/06/2015 12:33:25    1742044

Link

Well there we go Drew should be back in action within 8 weeks........this means his training is limited and wont be in any better shape than he was in against Cavan which was awful but infairness to him it wasnt his fault as we all know the real Drew whylie who when fit and on form would move a mountain.

Hope he can get back to match fittness soon as we need him for the Ulster Final.....

hardcore (Monaghan) - Posts: 1366 - 25/06/2015 13:42:46    1742545

Link

that would indeed be excellent news!

Monaghan Exile (Monaghan) - Posts: 404 - 25/06/2015 20:12:19    1742793

Link

Who says he's back in 8 weeks ?

MonaghanGlory (Monaghan) - Posts: 702 - 25/06/2015 20:57:42    1742822

Link

I think its great that cavan people come here to post as it shows they have an interest in us whether they like it or not suas muineachain

prideof85 (Monaghan) - Posts: 762 - 28/06/2015 11:17:30    1743673

Link