Limerick Forum

Limerick v Wexford

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

I thought this site was solely about Hurling. Some of you guys need a vehicle to transport your overblown egos and simply
talk too much (drivel ).I and many of our posters are not interested in dog-fights about worthless assessments of Limk.
team members back in the depths of winter.Certain folks seem to have an opinion every hour about tactics,skills and the rest
of the whole shebang.
Limerick are in an AI SF with a fair chance of covering themselves in glory..how about enjoying it and being disciplined men-
tally up thru 10 Aug.Not every opinion is sound and too much posing is going on to hide a lack of knowledge about the Game of
Hurling.

carrickwat10 (Limerick) - Posts: 72 - 30/07/2014 19:25:22    1628685

Link

Carrickwat Would it be Ok if posts were sent to you for censoring, and if the contribution was to your pleasement you could post it on site. I make no apologies for defending 2 friends from uninformed criticism. By he way I was not talking about mid winter games I was referring to Championship games,

Slade (Limerick) - Posts: 355 - 31/07/2014 09:15:08    1628775

Link

I think they should play dodge as a sweeper in particular to quell reids influence. And play 2 man inside line. And leave hannon 11 which I think is key.

blackspot91 (Limerick) - Posts: 1017 - 31/07/2014 18:32:29    1629101

Link

blackspot i wouldn,t totally diagree with you.the problem i would see is the same that dublin had in the leinster final,jackie tyrell as the loose man and everything landing where he is.the management will definitely have to try something.what would you think of going 15 on 15 with no sweeper and plat dodge at wing forward?

CTGAA10 (Limerick) - Posts: 1133 - 31/07/2014 21:34:15    1629212

Link

Slade why didn't u defend ur friends last year i.e when the analysis was made?

I didnt make up the stats and I didn't take both players off in two if the three games last year.

Carrick is right both players are all star contenders this year and all lk ppl r delighted to see improvement.

As for another poster talking about picking c ship team before tipp game without having even been at a league match or challenge its a similar exercise to picking the lotto. So pointless looking for credit if u get some right.

A lot of energised posters the kind u get when u make an AI semi . So no need for the rest of us . Might rejoin in October when things go back to normal.

We are good enough this year. heres hoping. Luimnech ABU

disillusiondfan (Limerick) - Posts: 4279 - 01/08/2014 08:55:28    1629236

Link

Slade isn't it ironic to see decisions by last year's management team used to back up an argument.

Paul Browne was one of Limerick's best performing players last year as most people on here agreed.

David Breen did very well last year but did not have 70 minutes in him due to the injury. He was the only forward who played well in first half against Clare.

The semifinal should be a massive game between two big strong teams with loads of hurling. Limerick are definitely on the way up and Kilkenny are below their almost superhuman best but I think this one is too close to call. Could be a classic.

Westfester (Limerick) - Posts: 914 - 01/08/2014 10:29:42    1629268

Link

It is equally ironic that I am being criticised for analysis of last year.

It can only be last years analysis as I have been v complimentary of both players performances.

I will leave it to others to decide if those players are playing better this year and to decide which post is motivated by desire to point score or to mock.

The more u post westfester the more confident I am that I know u. Narrowed down to 2 now both equally popular,

disillusiondfan (Limerick) - Posts: 4279 - 01/08/2014 10:54:28    1629296

Link

It is equally ironic that I am being criticised for analysis of last year.

It can only be last years analysis as I have been v complimentary of both players performances this year.

I will leave it to others to decide if those players are playing better this year than last and to decide which post is motivated by desire to point score or to mock ( not u slade)

disillusiondfan (Limerick) - Posts: 4279 - 01/08/2014 10:56:41    1629298

Link

Westfester it's even more ironic when a fella has a go at someone for not watching back a match and saying unless you watch back a match you cant comment properly. And the yet the same fella making that argument has used a newspaper report to back up his opinion on that same match as he also hasnt watched it back. You couldnt make it up. He is a joke shop

mike03 (Limerick) - Posts: 2000 - 01/08/2014 11:04:13    1629303

Link

As a new poster but someone who likes to read the opinions of people with well constructed arguments this thread is pathetic.
As mostly Limerick people who I hope like to see Limerick do well ye don't half try to ruin it.

Ok we lost the munster final - cork scored goals we didn't. We then beat a wexford side with momemtum without our captain. TJ got the tactics right - GIVE HIM SOME CREDIT. AS POB said the aim was to return to croker, we did that and have the chance to have a crack as Kilkenny.

How about we stop all this keyboard warrior stuff and have a proper debate on OUR team. I love watching limerick we have such heart and commitment and its sad to hear grown men be cruel to lads who always try their best. ALWAYS

Markclaughaun (Limerick) - Posts: 1 - 01/08/2014 11:12:33    1629307

Link

Oh good all my friends r here. Didnt use newspaper report but sure if u can't stand over a point make it up.

Equally ironic I suppose for a guy to watch a game 4 times n then to make 2 or 3 comments that no one agree with. About as mad as suggesting we pick a team against kk as if it was a pub fight n not a match. Now u r forever trying to get me off this site. I'm leaving so let me go

disillusiondfan (Limerick) - Posts: 4279 - 01/08/2014 11:18:24    1629310

Link

Dunno who u talking bout mike but it ain't me.

disillusiondfan (Limerick) - Posts: 4279 - 01/08/2014 11:35:06    1629323

Link

Some people don't get irony.

You're getting warm but which of us 2 am I?

See you in October.

Westfester (Limerick) - Posts: 914 - 01/08/2014 11:37:07    1629325

Link

Mark the Limerick v Kilkenny thread has a good discussion going on the Wexford game is over.
Just pointing out a few inconsistencies in a former poster's argument.
He castigated the previous team management but uses some of their decisions to back his flawed opinion of players abilities.
He did the same with James Ryan earlier this season saying he was not an intercounty standard player.
He equates the number of posts to level of knowledge and dismisses people from small clubs.
He was caught out by another user over incorrect statistics in a game he did not attend and promised a donation to a small rural club but reneged on his commitment.

Westfester (Limerick) - Posts: 914 - 01/08/2014 11:52:24    1629334

Link

Firstly I am no fan of the previous management that is true. However if someone wants to tell me I was wrong in my anlaysis of last year (and it can only be last year as I have been v complimentary of both players performances this year) then to say that I am the only one who was critical cannot be true as both players were taken off last year in more c ship games than they finished. That is self evident. As I say I will leave it to posters to decide if there has been an improvement this year in those players performances and will leave the motivation of other posters for others to judge.

My comments on James Ryan were made in relation to his form in the league. If he was doing it at 11 IN THE LeAGUE then why did we have to create a new 11 in the form of DOG? I am delighted James Ryan has played so well at mid field and I hope he gets an ALL star.

As for being against small clubs I am from a small club I am totally pro small clubs and totally pro the promotion of our game lest all of these small clubs end up the way some have i.e firstly failing to put out under age teams and then fadin away all together.MY whole involvement in the GAA all of my life is directed towards small clubs and I am v proud to have been a member of a small club.

I do not equate the number of posts to knowledge but i do find it difficult when someone appears after we get to an AI semi final AND contradicts some of the greatest managers in the game. To make it clear this is a public forum and the more new comers the better but if they say that media management is not important and top managers say it is then I know who Im going to believe.

As for stats I said that one player in a particular match didnt touch a ball in a first half of a game ( i think) someone who always has a go at me and who says he lives abroad then says he miraculously has the stats of the game. I asked for proof none was forthcoming so I did not renege. The sum of money prob means a lot to westfester but thankfully is not something that would not bother me to pay out especially to a small club.

Now you have misquoted me falsely accused me and insulted me over a sum of moaney that is peanuts. While at the same time still not addressing your own castigation of a young lad who is on our minor team. An apology is something I assoicate with character and integrity. Here is your chance westfester but I wont be holding my breath.

This is the fourth or fifth attemot by this poster to have a go at me. I will leave it to others to decide how successful he has been but at the risk of bringing him back to his school days Id go with "must try harder".

disillusiondfan (Limerick) - Posts: 4279 - 01/08/2014 13:17:02    1629389

Link

Can ye all just stop this childish behaviour. It is pathetic.

Hoover78 (Limerick) - Posts: 865 - 01/08/2014 13:44:29    1629416

Link

Will the posters currently trying to change the topic of the thread please stop from doing so. Stick to the topic at hand anything off topic will simply not be posted.

Thank you
Admin

Administrator (None) - Posts: 2243 - 01/08/2014 13:57:46    1629427

Link

Yeah fair point about tyrell. Playing dodge at 12 was my initial thought. The main thing is hannon at 11 and dodge starting. It would seem strange not seeing dodge in his usual central positions but he's good in the air fast and can score so he shud be able to do a job at 12. It's dodge were talking about.. he'd do a job in goals if he had to! :D

blackspot91 (Limerick) - Posts: 1017 - 01/08/2014 16:38:12    1629522

Link

I would prefer to see Dodge at right (or left) half back. He had a fine second half when switched back there last year against Clare

Oldtourman (Limerick) - Posts: 2657 - 01/08/2014 20:53:51    1629613

Link