Leitrim Forum

Connacht Minor Championship 2020

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To kick-it:  "It went sour for us in the second half but I don't know why you are milking it here"
I wasnt milking it, we got hammered by 22 points to Galway in the under 20s last year but reversed performances like that this year, all be it Down look very impressive. A lot can change in a year and that performance in the 1st half yesterday might give ye something to build on next year. People in Roscommon want Leitrim to get out of where they are, you used be our rivals once, hopefully them days will return.

Gaa_fan1234 (Roscommon) - Posts: 13 - 31/07/2021 14:35:27    2366090

Link

Replying To Gaa_fan1234:  "I wasnt milking it, we got hammered by 22 points to Galway in the under 20s last year but reversed performances like that this year, all be it Down look very impressive. A lot can change in a year and that performance in the 1st half yesterday might give ye something to build on next year. People in Roscommon want Leitrim to get out of where they are, you used be our rivals once, hopefully them days will return."
As mentioned we don't particularly care how roscommon do in gaa competitions. This is a Leitrim forum, take your self congratulations back to your own forum

kick-it (Leitrim) - Posts: 22 - 31/07/2021 16:41:07    2366137

Link

After our last inter-county team exited their all Ireland series this week (the minors) Leitrim can reflect on a senior, u-20, and minor championship that all ended in their first games and yielded a combined points difference of -51 by my calculations.

Minus 51 points across all grades this year in three age groups. I will do a points difference across all grades for each county when the minor championship finishes soon. But guaranteed we will be bottom.

In each of senior, u-20 and minor we will be bottom.

When we can stop being bottom at minor we can start being better at u-20, when we stop being bottom at u-20 we can start being better at senior.

Don't expect some expensive high profile manager to come in a senior level and start us winning next year. The future starts ten years from now when these results change

leitrim4sam (Leitrim) - Posts: 491 - 31/07/2021 18:31:57    2366178

Link