Galway Forum

Club Senior Hurling Decbackle

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To CTGAA10:  "i always follow club championship in galway due to the fierce rivalry.i,m wondering when was the last time the competition ran without some problem or other?it seems to happen year in year out,its a shame because there are serious club teams in galway."
I don't think the rivalry is any more fierce in Galway than any place else. The rivalry is very civil, from what I've seen of it, in the past decade or so. The 'fierce club rivalry' and 'lack of bottle at county level' in Galway, are myths imo that seem to have found widespread traction, especially outside the county over the years. Why Turlough can screw the competition up for the second time in three years on similar issues is another kettle of fish though, and clearly needs a stronger remedy going forward.

Pope_Benedict (Galway) - Posts: 2355 - 25/09/2017 12:57:49    2050280

Link

Replying To Pope_Benedict:  "I don't think the rivalry is any more fierce in Galway than any place else. The rivalry is very civil, from what I've seen of it, in the past decade or so. The 'fierce club rivalry' and 'lack of bottle at county level' in Galway, are myths imo that seem to have found widespread traction, especially outside the county over the years. Why Turlough can screw the competition up for the second time in three years on similar issues is another kettle of fish though, and clearly needs a stronger remedy going forward."
In portumnas case its like a sting from a dying wasp

tommie (Galway) - Posts: 65 - 25/09/2017 17:41:57    2050428

Link

Replying To tommie:  "In portumnas case its like a sting from a dying wasp"
That could be the worst sting to get, we will have to wait and see the outcome.

passportcontrol (Galway) - Posts: 66 - 25/09/2017 18:39:10    2050445

Link

Talks of Turloughmore players pulling out of the county set up if points are deducted ... Pub talk......

hoppingball (Galway) - Posts: 963 - 25/09/2017 20:25:08    2050469

Link

On what grounds are Turlough appealing to the DRA?? What angle are they taking??..."ara yarra sure isn't he one of our own"???

They have clearly broken the rules and the Connacht council have confirmed that.

The player was top scorer for the club in championship to that stage and they had him as a sub against Portumna, brought him in when he was needed!!..They knew what they were doing! They are embarrassing Galway hurling again!

WastedTalent (Galway) - Posts: 31 - 26/09/2017 13:04:31    2050639

Link

Replying To WastedTalent:  "On what grounds are Turlough appealing to the DRA?? What angle are they taking??..."ara yarra sure isn't he one of our own"???

They have clearly broken the rules and the Connacht council have confirmed that.

The player was top scorer for the club in championship to that stage and they had him as a sub against Portumna, brought him in when he was needed!!..They knew what they were doing! They are embarrassing Galway hurling again!"
Joe Brolly is the man to sort it out......

hoppingball (Galway) - Posts: 963 - 26/09/2017 14:33:31    2050673

Link

Replying To WastedTalent:  "On what grounds are Turlough appealing to the DRA?? What angle are they taking??..."ara yarra sure isn't he one of our own"???

The player was top scorer for the club in championship to that stage and they had him as a sub against Portumna, brought him in when he was needed!!..They knew what they were doing! They are embarrassing Galway hurling again!"
Wasted talent dont worry all will be revealed in good time!

tommie (Galway) - Posts: 65 - 26/09/2017 14:35:24    2050674

Link