Leitrim Forum

Leitrim U-20S

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Bogger100:  "Where were leitrim positioned in the old league before that tomas keeneghan became head coach?don't know the answer was just wondering????"
Tomas Keeneghan is not the head coach- it is Terry Hyland. Maybe he is the elite development coach or skills and acquisitions coach but certainly not head coach as that is our man- Terry Hyland. He has a wonderful track record in coaching has our Terry and he will improve the thing going forward. As one wise man said to me one day in a windswept Derrylin GAA pitch "the open fire is no place to sit with your legs apart facing an east wind". I never forgot it.

tonguey (Cavan) - Posts: 291 - 15/02/2021 19:49:25    2331482

Link

Replying To Bogger100:  "Where were leitrim positioned in the old league before that tomas keeneghan became head coach?don't know the answer was just wondering????"
Tomas Keeneghan is not the head coach- it is Terry Hyland. Maybe he is the elite development coach or skills and acquisitions coach but certainly not head coach as that is our man- Terry Hyland. He has a wonderful track record in coaching has our Terry and he will improve the thing going forward. As one wise man said to me one day in a windswept Derrylin GAA pitch "the open fire is no place to sit with your legs apart facing an east wind". I never forgot it.

tonguey (Cavan) - Posts: 291 - 15/02/2021 19:49:28    2331483

Link

The crux of the matter is that we need good coaches in at the underage levels. It remains to be seen whether they have the right teams in place to bring the guys forward. Let's hope they do, Liatroim Aboo

horridweather (Leitrim) - Posts: 7 - 05/03/2021 09:12:54    2333555

Link

I'm deffo a glass half full person but recent history doesn't suggest quality of Coach in leitrim county underage set ups are top stuff.surely we should look at successful underage coaches from clubs in leitrim
in recent years.The likes of d kelly from manor or gilmartin from Melvin or mc brien's from aughavas.francis davitt drumkeein.all produced v good underage club teams but none of the above might not suit county board.only an idea.seems to be a few heads involved year in year out

Bogger100 (Leitrim) - Posts: 31 - 05/03/2021 19:26:20    2333587

Link

I'm deffo a glass half full person but recent history doesn't suggest quality of Coach in leitrim county underage set ups are top stuff.surely we should look at successful underage coaches from clubs in leitrim
in recent years.The likes of d kelly from manor or gilmartin from Melvin or mc brien's from aughavas.francis davitt drumkeein.all produced v good underage club teams but none of the above might not suit county board.only an idea.seems to be a few heads involved year in year out

Bogger100 (Leitrim) - Posts: 31 - 05/03/2021 19:26:30    2333588

Link

We have to get the coaches in place, otherwise we'll get nowhere

leitrimguy1985 (Leitrim) - Posts: 43 - 16/03/2021 10:20:39    2334274

Link