Longford Forum

Longford 2020

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Ward30:  "J J Reilly was the Abbeylara keeper."
No there was another young lad that played for Abbey. I think he might of been an O'Connor lad.

Spinx (Longford) - Posts: 896 - 15/11/2020 23:45:36    2309738

Link

Replying To gaasport:  "The game was lost with the longford no 1 but not blaming Paddy Collum for everything as he is an excellant shot stopper. When the kick-out came he just did not know what to do sometimes he stood over the ball and made dummy kicks in several different directions. I do not know who was confused most by this action.What about the team management did they not see this in previous games all successful teams have goalkeeping coaches. In the modern game the goalie is the most important player on the team. Cavan would not have won a game in the championship without Raymond Galligan. Had Raymond been playing for his mother's home county Longford would have cruised past Laois"
As far as i know Mattie Flanagan who who won minor and u21 All Irelands in goal for Mayo in recent years has a parent from Longford, Also Ultan Harney seems to be frozen out in Roscommon. Two possible players who could be approached to play for Longford under the parental rule. Any others out their who could make the transfer in under that rule

sourmilk93 (Roscommon) - Posts: 607 - 17/11/2020 16:36:27    2310715

Link

Replying To sourmilk93:  "As far as i know Mattie Flanagan who who won minor and u21 All Irelands in goal for Mayo in recent years has a parent from Longford, Also Ultan Harney seems to be frozen out in Roscommon. Two possible players who could be approached to play for Longford under the parental rule. Any others out their who could make the transfer in under that rule"
Eh Thanks but no thanks. think we'll stick with actual longford players andd not those waste of time disastrous experiments

slasher9 (Longford) - Posts: 34 - 17/11/2020 21:53:50    2310871

Link

oh mickey graham, what could have been for us. of course our county board had to drag there heals instead of moving instantly and ensuring we got one of the best in the country. well done to our northern neighbours. delighted for them

slasher9 (Longford) - Posts: 34 - 25/11/2020 15:44:56    2315275

Link