Donegal Forum

The county minors

(Oldest Posts First)

What do people on here think of the question I'm going to ask?

Do we ALL give the minor team the respect and support that they deserve. ??

SamOnErrigal (Donegal) - Posts: 1427 - 28/07/2016 21:52:30    1891755

Link

There is thread already on the minors Sam. I certainly do as you will see by my posts in other thread and on the minor thread in main forum. I will be getting to Croker early Saturday myself anyways. It is going to be a tough test as from what I have heard Cork played well in Munster final against a Kerry side strongly fancied for 3 in a row. I think if Donegal minors can win Saturday they can get to the final as I am not sure Connaught is strong this year. I seen Galway the champions play in their semi final but felt there was a class divide to what I had witnessed in Cavan between Donegal and a decent Monaghan side.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2586 - 28/07/2016 23:01:41    1891789

Link

Replying To panamasam:  "There is thread already on the minors Sam. I certainly do as you will see by my posts in other thread and on the minor thread in main forum. I will be getting to Croker early Saturday myself anyways. It is going to be a tough test as from what I have heard Cork played well in Munster final against a Kerry side strongly fancied for 3 in a row. I think if Donegal minors can win Saturday they can get to the final as I am not sure Connaught is strong this year. I seen Galway the champions play in their semi final but felt there was a class divide to what I had witnessed in Cavan between Donegal and a decent Monaghan side."
Good man yourself I done the same thing two weeks ago, left Donegal @8-30 and was in Clones @10-30. Was in the pitch at 11-45
But I don't think all supporters follow the minors as much as they should. And especially when they are being so successful.
The reality of it all is we should have done the three in a row two weeks ago. It was a costly defeat last year.
I won't be going to Ireland tomorrow as looking at flights and overnight stay it would cost me £400 to£500 pounds. Flights were so expensive this weekend and so were hotels.
But if Donegal win tomorrow I will go over next Sat. Plus if the minors win I will go for the minor semi final.
Hopefully this minor team will go all the way. I want us to win a minor All Ireland. So I think this minor team deserves all our support.
Good luck to both minors /Seniors tomorrow.

SamOnErrigal (Donegal) - Posts: 1427 - 29/07/2016 21:29:32    1892124

Link

Totally agree Sam it should have been 3 in a row. I generally follow the minors if I can. I missed the game in Belfast due to work but also the logistics of getting to Belfast from where I am based. Last years minor side lost their bottle against Derry. The Derry management were very cute on the day making sure their players wasted plenty of time in the 2nd half by staying down when little wrong. They bossed the kickouts and Donegal were found wanting from the sideline when failing to counteract this. Saying that Donegal missed a pen to win it after playing badly. I was in Armagh where they destroyed Armagh fully convinced I might have seen the AI winners. Having seen the AI semi finals and final I still feel Donegal missed a trick as for me they were the side to test last years Kerry minors. If the lads get to the semi final I will be there myself hopefully. It will take a very good Cork performance to beat them and if Cork do I think you can be guaranteed Kerry will do the 3 in a row as I thought the standard in Ulster this year looked pretty high. Cannot wait to see Niall O'Donnell play on Croke Park as well as seeing how effective Peader Mongan is in the sweeper role on the wider terrain of Croker.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2586 - 29/07/2016 23:07:12    1892154

Link