Leitrim Forum

Leitrim Inter-County 2020

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To sourmilk93:  "Its actually Leitrim poster pretending to be Rossie's doing most of the talking on the page"
Oh stay on your own page and forum. Sourmilk93?? Time to get some new milk or that'll have curds in it.

leitrim4live (Leitrim) - Posts: 49 - 09/01/2020 16:38:26    2258460

Link

This leitrim forum and thread is absolute bananas right now!!

leitrim4sam (Leitrim) - Posts: 465 - 09/01/2020 18:59:41    2258496

Link

Replying To leitrim4sam:  "This leitrim forum and thread is absolute bananas right now!!"
Ah yeah it's a fambles. Can't believe it really. I used to so enjoyer it but it's a pity that it has happened. It's all wrong.

leitrim4live (Leitrim) - Posts: 49 - 09/01/2020 21:09:04    2258531

Link

Replying To LeitrimWay:  "I think it's fair to say we have 3 outstanding consistent inter-county players in Mark Plunkett, Ryan O'Rourke and Paddy Maguire.
I've also heard that M.McWeeney is in Australia but there is some hope he will return but I would expect one of those three to be the captains this year or maybe even a joint captaincy between Plunkett and O'Rourke. Plunkett has captained Leitrim at every level and O'Rourke captained Maynooth Sigerson team a few years back which was a huge achievement in hindsight.

Losing Gary Plunkett in particular is a failure on behalf of the management in my eyes. How they handled him throughout the year last year (not just in Croker which was disgraceful). Every club I would suggest has been destroyed by him at one stage or another when they have played the Willies and even with Leitrim he has shown how good he can be. In a county of Leitrim size we need to be getting the best off that type of quality player. My main issue with the manager was how he man managed many of the younger players last year. Hopefully now that some of the dead wood will be gone they will step up.

Saying that if Darragh Rooney finally begins to fulfill his potential I don't think there'll be any regrets with losing the likes of Mulligan etc. Donal Wrynn rejoining Is a huge addition. He is much criticized but there's no doubt he is a leader and a huge man which we lacked in the big games last year.

We need a full back which I think Fergal McTague can fill and then we need to sort out who will partner Pearce Dolan in Midfield and then decide who will be Centre back and Centre forward.
I am interested to see any new additions or some of last years U20s stepping up. Ciaran Cullen is the outstanding player from the grade and has the pace, skill and bravery to make a real impact at senior inter-county level but he might need a year to develop physically as he is very light.

We will also need the likes of Cillian McGloin, Conor Cullen and Jack Heslin to become more consistent and really push on as they all have undoubted talent to break into the team if they really apply themselves. Jack Gilheany being away for university until February is disappointing but there is some talk that they are going to try juggle both which I think is the right idea.

Even though the challenge is tougher I am excited about the potential in this team if they really push themselves. Never have we had such depth in our forward unit."
Rah huge mistake on Terry's part of not including young caolan Quigley of annaduff. He is very consistent when it comes to training, and he like various new weapons on call of duty. Ooooo rah gotta go lad's

Rahrahfeelingabittiredatm (Leitrim) - Posts: 6 - 09/01/2020 21:53:55    2258541

Link

Replying To leitrim4sam:  "This leitrim forum and thread is absolute bananas right now!!"
Oooo rah gotta go.

Rahrahfeelingabittiredatm (Leitrim) - Posts: 6 - 09/01/2020 21:55:14    2258543

Link

Mad stuff going on here. I want to wish Terry and the gang the best of luck at the weekend and for the rest of 2020. Green and gold forever

bigrifter (Leitrim) - Posts: 3 - 09/01/2020 22:34:43    2258562

Link

Lads can ye find the clown with the nearly 50 usernames and ban him from social media sites his destroying our forum and yers.
Surely some village in Leitrim has missed the lad and wants him back.

OhtobeARossie (Roscommon) - Posts: 1470 - 09/01/2020 22:53:15    2258567

Link

Replying To leitrim4live:  "Ah yeah it's a fambles. Can't believe it really. I used to so enjoyer it but it's a pity that it has happened. It's all wrong."
First sign of madness is when talking to yourself.

Gaa_lover (USA) - Posts: 2492 - 09/01/2020 23:02:03    2258569

Link

Lots of Roscommon posters on here. Must be a bit worried! Looks like a lot of players out from one side due to stags and freak accidents. Could even things up

bigrifter (Leitrim) - Posts: 3 - 10/01/2020 10:04:25    2258617

Link

Pairc Sean should be hopping for this game. Looks like a sunny cold day promised. Perfect for football.

burger_expert (Leitrim) - Posts: 11 - 10/01/2020 10:21:41    2258625

Link

Replying To bigrifter:  "Lots of Roscommon posters on here. Must be a bit worried! Looks like a lot of players out from one side due to stags and freak accidents. Could even things up"
No not really worried at all its a micky mouse competition and means absolutely nothing in the greater scheme of things its a competition for trying new tactics and players out and the result means F all.
I see you have sprung out two new accounts in the last few hours did the other ones get banned? Anyway best of luck to the genuine Leitrim fans in the year ahead. A tough league campaign ahead hopefully ye can do enough to stay in it.

sourmilk93 (Roscommon) - Posts: 501 - 10/01/2020 10:37:47    2258630

Link

Replying To sourmilk93:  "No not really worried at all its a micky mouse competition and means absolutely nothing in the greater scheme of things its a competition for trying new tactics and players out and the result means F all.
I see you have sprung out two new accounts in the last few hours did the other ones get banned? Anyway best of luck to the genuine Leitrim fans in the year ahead. A tough league campaign ahead hopefully ye can do enough to stay in it."
I have sprung out new accounts? My first time on this lad. Thanks for the endorsement. It will be a tough group for Roscommon to get through also. We might be playing each other in division 3 next year

bigrifter (Leitrim) - Posts: 3 - 10/01/2020 11:53:58    2258657

Link

Replying To burger_expert:  "Pairc Sean should be hopping for this game. Looks like a sunny cold day promised. Perfect for football."
Is it an all ticket affair?

five_bogs (Leitrim) - Posts: 19 - 10/01/2020 12:26:40    2258675

Link

Replying To OhtobeARossie:  "Lads can ye find the clown with the nearly 50 usernames and ban him from social media sites his destroying our forum and yers.
Surely some village in Leitrim has missed the lad and wants him back."
He must be on the dip.

Buzzcagney62 (Leitrim) - Posts: 144 - 10/01/2020 16:01:21    2258761

Link

Replying To five_bogs:  "Is it an all ticket affair?"
Yeah it'll be a sell out :-D

Shaggyboiii69 (Leitrim) - Posts: 5 - 10/01/2020 16:30:33    2258765

Link

I've been talking to a lot of people around the county and I've noticed a lot of stick going towards the u20 county panel and particularly to the management team, who seem to have chosen their own club players and players with connections to them rather then many players who are genuinely better players then those on the panel. If this is true it is deeply disappointing as the u20 and other development squads are the future of our county and feed into our senior panel and if this is the case we are going nowhere as we're developing the wrong players and letting players with potential go to waste

Fromtheparkandback (Leitrim) - Posts: 3 - 10/01/2020 19:24:14    2258815

Link

Our under 20's are losing to Longford by 21 points at half time. Alarming stuf, shocking. Lost heavily to Fermanagh last weekend too. What's the story? Are we really this bad at under 20 level this year?

leitrim4sam (Leitrim) - Posts: 465 - 11/01/2020 12:42:37    2258897

Link

Replying To leitrim4sam:  "Our under 20's are losing to Longford by 21 points at half time. Alarming stuf, shocking. Lost heavily to Fermanagh last weekend too. What's the story? Are we really this bad at under 20 level this year?"
Lost by 27, shocking stuff...could not even do the basics right

lonelylad (Leitrim) - Posts: 21 - 11/01/2020 14:34:51    2258916

Link

Replying To leitrim4sam:  "Our under 20's are losing to Longford by 21 points at half time. Alarming stuf, shocking. Lost heavily to Fermanagh last weekend too. What's the story? Are we really this bad at under 20 level this year?"
Fed up with Leitrim losing heavily. Posters should make their views known @leitrimgaa
This can't go on. No other County teams suffer the beatings Leitrim underage teams get. What is going on? Understand it was a severely depleted Leitrim against a full strength Longford but surely Leitrim's game plan should have adapted accordingly. At full strength there are 11 of last years U20 eligible . This has to stop before we destroy these young lads facing into not just defeat but a demolition every time they pull on the Leitrim jersey . It's not looking good for the Seniors either. According to Terry 11 first choice out against Roscommon tomorrow with some players suffering long term injuries the latest being O'Rourke. Also why was a stag party arranged for a football weekend when the FBD game schedule was published months ago? There may be a valid reason.No Mohill players available as a result. Am really nervous about the coming season- a bright spot is the revival of the Leitrim Ladies team who I predict will win promotion and have a lash at the Intermediate title.

leitrimabu1 (Leitrim) - Posts: 80 - 11/01/2020 15:59:51    2258935

Link

Think it's a bit early to be condemning the 20's lads.

First run out against a very good Fermanagh backboned by an All Ireland Colleges A winning team.

Hugely understrength today against a very good Longford team only short 2/3 players.

They haven't an easy task against Mayo I think, on 15th Feb so it's all about development and progression and performances from them at the minute.

Hard to get continuity with most of the starters being needed by the Senior team tomorrow but that's just the way it fell.

Dodgy_Pass (Leitrim) - Posts: 328 - 11/01/2020 17:19:34    2258953

Link