Carlow Forum

Footballers 2017

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To dead_as_dodos:  "Think he's right yellar.but you've driven him away with your nonsense."
It seems to be a trend on here going by my lurking over the past weeks, that certain posters seem to try bully posters from other counties if they have a different opinion? You can see there is bitterness by the bucket load for no reason!

Majority of you boys seem sound and I'd have no problem saying I can't wait for Portlaoise in 2 weeks time, should be great craic having pints pre-match. But in regard to this forum (not aiming this at you bud) but some of the lads on here need to relax and stop getting so aggressive.

I'm going to put this out there as a betting man, I think Carlow plus 22 or thereabouts is a great bet.

MinuteMan (Dublin) - Posts: 11 - 23/05/2017 19:14:07    1989962

Link

i think the wiki is way out there, health and safety reduced dcp to around 11k, o'moore park from 27 down to 18k now i did think there was plans to get capacity back up in o'moore park not sure if they did that yet though, does anyone know that?

Barrowsider (Carlow) - Posts: 1308 - 23/05/2017 19:15:30    1989963

Link

Same aggression as we ll have against the dubs!! Yup outta that!!

old yellar (None) - Posts: 2624 - 23/05/2017 19:24:30    1989969

Link

Replying To Bainisteoir:  "I think it is a done deal, but certainly a full DCP would have a great atmosphere for all supporters given the proximity to the pitch and how close you would be to the action. The official capacity is 16,000 but I think for the Laois game in 2004 it was over 20,000 in the ground - certainly they were not refusing the cash at the gate that day

Genuine Dublin supporters and even the team wouldn't have an issue with playing there ..... certainly it would be a better occasion than over in Portlaoise"
Not sure how many there were in there that day but that was one whale of a day.

There has been a complete sell out. Screw the season ticketholders... what about the Carlow public? We have a home draw and home means home,
not the bog.

moll (Carlow) - Posts: 153 - 23/05/2017 19:51:10    1989979

Link

Replying To old yellar:  "Same aggression as we ll have against the dubs!! Yup outta that!!"
Nice mature respond there, I can see by your recent posts the old IQ wouldn't be the highest!

You won't have much to be roaring about going out the gates of O'Moore Park come Saturday week ;)

MinuteMan (Dublin) - Posts: 11 - 23/05/2017 19:58:51    1989981

Link

Replying To moll:  "Not sure how many there were in there that day but that was one whale of a day.

There has been a complete sell out. Screw the season ticketholders... what about the Carlow public? We have a home draw and home means home,
not the bog."
The place was absolutely jointed, a great local derby match against the reigning Leinster champs, great atmosphere in the ground during the game and town that night, hard to beat memories like that. It was of course the year Luke Dempsey took over after Mickser Condon stood down after the disastrous league.

Anyways its academic now, but imagine athe All Irl champs in NCP, their genuine supporters would travel and have no issue. O Moore pRk is a fine ground but has no atmosphere

Bainisteoir (National) - Posts: 480 - 23/05/2017 21:37:10    1990014

Link

Replying To MinuteMan:  "Nice mature respond there, I can see by your recent posts the old IQ wouldn't be the highest!

You won't have much to be roaring about going out the gates of O'Moore Park come Saturday week ;)"
Think he's another bandwagoner. Probably wasn't even at the match on Sunday but is suddenly an expert. Just ignore him. Yeah that +21 looks a no brainer.

dead_as_dodos (Carlow) - Posts: 459 - 23/05/2017 22:38:39    1990042

Link

Replying To dead_as_dodos:  "Think he's another bandwagoner. Probably wasn't even at the match on Sunday but is suddenly an expert. Just ignore him. Yeah that +21 looks a no brainer."
For sure lad, for sure..

old yellar (None) - Posts: 2624 - 24/05/2017 13:27:02    1990240

Link

Picked up 5 Stand tickets today in DCP no problem. They were saying that on the day there, they expect only terrace tickets to be available.
So if ye want to be sure of a stand ticket, would want to get them fast. The whole Dublin season ticket thing, seems to have booked up a lot of the stand.

The Real 1944 (Carlow) - Posts: 1114 - 24/05/2017 15:55:42    1990304

Link

Good news that Philly Mcmahon is ruled out for Sunday week!

Question time: Who is our best Man marking defender?

Should we consider playing Barry John Molloy ahead of Danny Moran against the Dubs? Despite Morans good performance last Sunday I feel BJ Molly would be more suited to marking Connolly.

arsebiscuits (Carlow) - Posts: 56 - 24/05/2017 17:09:58    1990346

Link

Replying To old yellar:  "For sure lad, for sure.."
Nice riposte.Think Minuteman may have been on the ball regarding the old grey matter. ;-)

dead_as_dodos (Carlow) - Posts: 459 - 24/05/2017 18:53:41    1990396

Link

Replying To arsebiscuits:  "Good news that Philly Mcmahon is ruled out for Sunday week!

Question time: Who is our best Man marking defender?

Should we consider playing Barry John Molloy ahead of Danny Moran against the Dubs? Despite Morans good performance last Sunday I feel BJ Molly would be more suited to marking Connolly."
Seeing as he was in serious trouble against Banville I don't think that would work.

dead_as_dodos (Carlow) - Posts: 459 - 24/05/2017 20:45:25    1990420

Link

Replying To dead_as_dodos:  "Nice riposte.Think Minuteman may have been on the ball regarding the old grey matter. ;-)"
Couldn't have put it better lad..

old yellar (None) - Posts: 2624 - 24/05/2017 22:06:32    1990438

Link

Replying To old yellar:  "Couldn't have put it better lad.."
Oh you needn't tell me , I've read your posts. %-)

dead_as_dodos (Carlow) - Posts: 459 - 25/05/2017 10:59:42    1990557

Link

Replying To dead_as_dodos:  "Oh you needn't tell me , I've read your posts. %-)"
I don't bother with yours!

old yellar (None) - Posts: 2624 - 25/05/2017 23:23:03    1990867

Link

Potential 15:

1. Kearney
2. Crowley
3. Lawler
4. Molloy
5. D Moran
6. Redmond
7. G Kelly
8. Gannon
9. B Murphy
10. Ruth
11. Foley
12. C Moran
13. Broderick
14. S O'neill
15. S Murphy

I think if we can free up Sean Murphy and let him run from deep, his pace will create space and potentially a few fouls. J Murphy, A Kelly and Ledger just wont have the speed to stay with any of the Dubs

Carlowman44 (Carlow) - Posts: 10 - 26/05/2017 09:31:33    1990902

Link

Replying To Carlowman44:  "Potential 15:

1. Kearney
2. Crowley
3. Lawler
4. Molloy
5. D Moran
6. Redmond
7. G Kelly
8. Gannon
9. B Murphy
10. Ruth
11. Foley
12. C Moran
13. Broderick
14. S O'neill
15. S Murphy

I think if we can free up Sean Murphy and let him run from deep, his pace will create space and potentially a few fouls. J Murphy, A Kelly and Ledger just wont have the speed to stay with any of the Dubs"
Too many changes to a team that's a winning system. I doubt you'll see too many moves. Gannon might start. In general Dublin are going to be bigger, stronger and faster than a lot of our players. That's just the nature of it. I'm more looking forward to what's to come after the Dublin game. I'd love to see a performance full of heart Saturday week and then a huge push in the qualifiers against teams that you can measure the lads against. Only two teams in the country can even say they are close to the dubs so I won't be judging our lads too harshly Saturday week. Was delighted for them last Sunday and whatever happens against Dublin that won't change my opinion of them anyway. All roads to portlaoise

Hometown45 (Carlow) - Posts: 199 - 26/05/2017 10:17:40    1990918

Link

Replying To Hometown45:  "Too many changes to a team that's a winning system. I doubt you'll see too many moves. Gannon might start. In general Dublin are going to be bigger, stronger and faster than a lot of our players. That's just the nature of it. I'm more looking forward to what's to come after the Dublin game. I'd love to see a performance full of heart Saturday week and then a huge push in the qualifiers against teams that you can measure the lads against. Only two teams in the country can even say they are close to the dubs so I won't be judging our lads too harshly Saturday week. Was delighted for them last Sunday and whatever happens against Dublin that won't change my opinion of them anyway. All roads to portlaoise"
That's a nice post Hometown.

Yeah, I think we need to be thinking of the Dublin game as a shot to nothing. In the unlikely event that we get something from it then that would be fantastic.

Realistically though we'll probably be looking to learn what we can from it.

This team and management have put their shoulders to the wheel this season and they fully deserve their place against the best team in the country. Some would say the best team ever.

Blackbogger (Carlow) - Posts: 162 - 26/05/2017 15:15:47    1991045

Link

Ya a major dose of realism needed for this match, there is probably no team in Leinster that will come within 10 points of the Dubs, we would be further off that pace again. They are probably the best prepared, most professionally organised and arguably one of the most talented teams ever to play Gaelic football so the outcome will be a foregone conclusion, it will really be a case of damage limitations in the first instance - justifiably so - and a performance to predefined team goals in the second. however we need to realistically look beyond the match and to the qualifiers.

Certainly from a Carlow perspective this is arguably the best prepared side ever fielded in senior football and given the commitment they and the back room team have put in are deserving of our support.

As to team selection some of our lads might not have the pace to live with the Dubs so I hope there are horses for courses and we set up accordingly

Bainisteoir (National) - Posts: 480 - 26/05/2017 22:43:11    1991142

Link

Replying To Bainisteoir:  "Ya a major dose of realism needed for this match, there is probably no team in Leinster that will come within 10 points of the Dubs, we would be further off that pace again. They are probably the best prepared, most professionally organised and arguably one of the most talented teams ever to play Gaelic football so the outcome will be a foregone conclusion, it will really be a case of damage limitations in the first instance - justifiably so - and a performance to predefined team goals in the second. however we need to realistically look beyond the match and to the qualifiers.

Certainly from a Carlow perspective this is arguably the best prepared side ever fielded in senior football and given the commitment they and the back room team have put in are deserving of our support.

As to team selection some of our lads might not have the pace to live with the Dubs so I hope there are horses for courses and we set up accordingly"
Please Bainisteoir let's not go the hype route. We have beaten 1 div.3/4 team in champ. Wait until we beat somebody of note before you start on about best prepared team in history. I hope you're proven right but stall the ball awhile .

dead_as_dodos (Carlow) - Posts: 459 - 27/05/2017 10:43:56    1991180

Link