Antrim Forum

Long way back for Rasharkin

(Oldest Posts First)

Didnt think I would ever be writing a post regarding Rasharkin getting relegated to div 3 with so may players now hanging up the boot s from what I hear and nothing coming through underage at present they could easily do what Dunloy done and be in divsion 3 for 4/5 years it was a sad day for the club on Sunday.

eddiebatman (Antrim) - Posts: 17 - 03/11/2015 08:40:21    1803894

Link

Rasharkin need to follow the example of ahoghill . Form an amalgamation with another club and re build their team back up again. Ahoghill are an example to uphold in terms of rebuilding

conair0 (Antrim) - Posts: 45 - 03/11/2015 19:52:25    1804214

Link

Rasharkin need to follow the example of ahoghill . Form an amalgamation with another club and re build their team back up again. Ahoghill are an example to uphold in terms of rebuilding

conair0 (Antrim) - Posts: 45 - 03/11/2015 20:53:14    1804239

Link

What happened Rasharkin on Sunday - not surprised that they got beat as I thought it could go that way but did not expect them to get beaten in such a manner - slow out of the blocks this year or are they in decline. Pretty galling all the same given they were in Div 1 two years ago.

Naysayer (Antrim) - Posts: 2071 - 12/04/2016 09:49:43    1844513

Link

As i said at the time Div 3 is where Rzasharkin should be at the minute. they got a reprieve last year but while Sarsfields wanted i dont think Rasharkin did. for me, with the transition they are going through a couple of years in Div 3 is what they needed. think they'll be there next year. On that, i think St Endas will be there or there about for promotion this year some good young players coming through.

the_watcher (Antrim) - Posts: 128 - 12/04/2016 13:32:36    1844690

Link

the_watcher I certainly have heard big noises about St. Endas and their talented group of young players. Still I think they will do well to push on to Division 1 that quickly but I suppose you never know especially as they now have a year in Division 2 under their belts so maybe they are ready to push on. For me division 2 in Antrim is the least predictable.

Surely Rasharkin would be too good for Division 3 - seeing that result I was thinking maybe bad day at the office, team away somewhere or the like. I know they started poorly last season and failed to turn it around but have they not made a big appointment at manager level suggesting they are looking at kicking back up the way.

That said it can be difficult sometimes for teams to halt a slide, often if the senior team is moving along fine concentration can be lost below that and then suddenly a club is in free fall and by the time a great effort is made at resurgence from youth up a gap has occurred where there is a period where the players are just not coming into the senior set-up.

But sure early days all round as far as this season is concerned and good to have the football back.

Naysayer (Antrim) - Posts: 2071 - 12/04/2016 14:29:55    1844723

Link

Long way to go is right. No disrespect to Rasharkin but i wouldn't think they'd have their own way against the likes of O'Donnells and Ardoyne. Possibly even a few of the other teams in Div3. there are teams in div 3 who are improving an awful lot, the likes of Eire Og and Lisburn. In St Endas case they certainly have the players for div1 football but i would suggest that it should have happened a lot sooner. They have the biggest catchment area of any club in Antrim. Their players come from as far away as the likes of the New Lodge and the Cliftonville (not saying this is poaching, as at the time the other NB clubs weren't providing for the kids in the area) but with the changing dynamic in NB and Glengormley St Endas should be competing for senior championship in the next 5-10 years

the_watcher (Antrim) - Posts: 128 - 13/04/2016 13:00:15    1845118

Link

Fantastic facilities up there as well the_watcher which can add to the attraction.

Naysayer (Antrim) - Posts: 2071 - 13/04/2016 14:21:22    1845184

Link

True, i suppose the timing for a lot of the kids was good, st ends were just getting their house in order and getting it right at underage while Pearses were just starting to get going again and ardoyne were having a hard time of it. Good to see Pearses doing well under age again and Ardoyne seniors look to be flying as well, hope to see both these clubs prosper now that the development at Cliftonville is sorted.

the_watcher (Antrim) - Posts: 128 - 13/04/2016 14:32:06    1845190

Link