Wicklow Forum

SFC Final

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Wicklow Finest

I wouldn't call myself a stirrer more so obedient. I was only doing what I was told and no I'm not from Baltinglass or any other club that would have a great rivalry with rathnew.

crokerplayer

If you dont understand the rules then you should not be on here castigating referees. Go and find a copy of the rules, learn them and maybe just maybe you will have the tiniest bit of credibility.

By doing so I have proved myself right. The incident did require a red card.

crokerplayer (Wicklow) - Posts: 46 - 23/10/2014 14:43:13    1666540

Link

Crokerplayer it is a tough one to call.. It falls into category 1 of black card 1. Deliberately pull down an opponent.
And category 7 of red in my view. 7. Inflicting injury recklessly.

From memory it happened just nearly in front of my seats, it was boarderline both. If he had given the red, I would have thought fair enough it's high tackle but he was deliberately stopping PAt's from countering so I probably would have given the black myself if I was a referee but I can see and understand your view.

Go easy on No_Drama. He's a north Wicklow man living in Aughrim or vice versa and is getting enough stick about last weekends result (For my twopence worth, Didn't Carnew get beaten at HOME to a KK team a few years ago? The world isn't going to end. Best of luck to Rathnew on Sunday)

WhatsTheMata (Wicklow) - Posts: 58 - 23/10/2014 17:01:39    1666611

Link

Wicklows finnest
What are trying to say about Baltinglass.
As a ref yourself you should know
These rules.

Bax (Wicklow) - Posts: 176 - 23/10/2014 18:46:35    1666659

Link

Crokeplayer

You were the one that came on saying that you did not understand the black card rule. I told you to go learn the rules and you have done so. Next you will have to learn about the interpretation of these rules. All referees are now tutored on how to Interprit the rules of the game. You are clearley not a referee, so you will not have the benefit of this education. I am not saying that referees do not make mistakes. In this case i believe you are completely wrong and the referee gave the correct decision on the day when the player brought his opponent to ground. I do not for one minute believe that there was a deliberate attempt to injure and those members of the StPatricks club that I spoke to completely agreed and said the referee done an excellent job on the game. You also mention that there were two incidents warranting Red Cards.

What was the second?

No_Drama (Wicklow) - Posts: 509 - 23/10/2014 19:57:16    1666680

Link

No Drama

I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree. In my opinion it was dangerous play around the head no matter which way its interpreted and therefore warranted a red card.

I don't remember saying the ref had a bad game. I just think he got some key decisions wrong.

crokerplayer (Wicklow) - Posts: 46 - 24/10/2014 11:11:03    1666783

Link

Graham Merrigan pulled the St. Patricks player down by grabbing him on the shoulder and pulling him back. I was three feet away from where it happened. Correct call. End of. Get over it.

Monopoly (Wicklow) - Posts: 194 - 25/10/2014 19:55:54    1667168

Link

Sure if you say so I'll just have go get over it but I still think I'm right

crokerplayer (Wicklow) - Posts: 46 - 26/10/2014 19:28:18    1667337

Link