Donegal Forum

Donegal GAA Website

(Oldest Posts First)

Lads how frustrating is the Donegal GAA website to use? I know they're probably operating off the same template that a lot of other counties use but it's a terrible UX and every time I try to refer to it for something I inevitably end up just closing it in exasperation.

Even this morning, something as simple as checking for next weekend's club fixtures is a whole handlin.

Lockjaw (Donegal) - Posts: 7391 - 14/06/2021 09:10:29    2350629

Link

Replying To Lockjaw:  "Lads how frustrating is the Donegal GAA website to use? I know they're probably operating off the same template that a lot of other counties use but it's a terrible UX and every time I try to refer to it for something I inevitably end up just closing it in exasperation.

Even this morning, something as simple as checking for next weekend's club fixtures is a whole handlin."
I think it's an OK site but the fixtures section seems to be down at the minute.

Tir Conaill Abu (Donegal) - Posts: 1662 - 14/06/2021 12:35:59    2350725

Link

Replying To Lockjaw:  "Lads how frustrating is the Donegal GAA website to use? I know they're probably operating off the same template that a lot of other counties use but it's a terrible UX and every time I try to refer to it for something I inevitably end up just closing it in exasperation.

Even this morning, something as simple as checking for next weekend's club fixtures is a whole handlin."
The fixtures section is simply awful, you search for the competition you are looking for, click on the link and it gives you all fixtures for every competition. Surely it wouldn't be difficult to fix.

Green_Gold (Donegal) - Posts: 1780 - 14/06/2021 13:15:06    2350757

Link

Just tell the Co board to look at the Leitrim site
It is regarded nationally as one of the better ones.
I actually check the Donegal site regularly for the Bundoran and Ballyshannon results, fixtures and standings.
It is bloody frustrating browzing that site

leitrimforsam (Leitrim) - Posts: 24 - 28/06/2021 14:59:38    2354200

Link

I see club fixtures are already starting to fall victim to the county player involvement with clubs refusing to play without their men. I thought they was an agreement that clubs would play on regardless??

It's time the CB stood up to the clubs on this one.

peiledoir20 (Donegal) - Posts: 78 - 28/06/2021 15:38:40    2354223

Link