Roscommon Forum

Revised Club Championship

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Double header of Junior semi finals in the Hyde on Sunday. Brigids vs W Gaels at 12.30 and Clann vs Pearses at 4.

Ros13 (Roscommon) - Posts: 70 - 01/10/2020 11:00:38    2295008

Link

Replying To Ros13:  "Double header of Junior semi finals in the Hyde on Sunday. Brigids vs W Gaels at 12.30 and Clann vs Pearses at 4."
I am predicting a Western Gaels B v Clann B Junior final. Seemingly Clann have a very good junior team this year with a number of players dropping down from the senior ranks. Clann beat a very decent Ros Gaels team which also contained players who have played senior football in recent years too. Western Gaels have been impressive in their games perhaps not as impressive as Clann have been but I expect them to beat Brigids but you can never discard Brigids who will be boosted by some of the minors and I am expected them to give Western Gaels a big test.

rossno1 (Roscommon) - Posts: 273 - 02/10/2020 16:33:27    2295329

Link

Brigids into the Junior A final with a 13 point win. game was won by half time. Pearses v Clann might be a closer game later on. Neither semi final sold its 200 tickets that doesn't speak volumes for the interest of the Junior championship but then again not helped that all semi finalists are B Teams.

The_analyser (Roscommon) - Posts: 2760 - 04/10/2020 14:37:14    2295575

Link

Replying To The_analyser:  "Brigids into the Junior A final with a 13 point win. game was won by half time. Pearses v Clann might be a closer game later on. Neither semi final sold its 200 tickets that doesn't speak volumes for the interest of the Junior championship but then again not helped that all semi finalists are B Teams."
Could the crowd numbers be anything to do with the current covid situation in the county? People that might usually decide to go opting to stay home? I don't think the fact that B teams are playing is a factor as tickets were for participating clubs, not like many neutrals could go anyway. And the four B teams earned their place in the semis, it's up to the clubs whose first teams are in junior to raise their standards.

Douglas_44 (Roscommon) - Posts: 221 - 04/10/2020 14:56:10    2295580

Link

Replying To Douglas_44:  "Could the crowd numbers be anything to do with the current covid situation in the county? People that might usually decide to go opting to stay home? I don't think the fact that B teams are playing is a factor as tickets were for participating clubs, not like many neutrals could go anyway. And the four B teams earned their place in the semis, it's up to the clubs whose first teams are in junior to raise their standards."
Covid situation little to do with it. Far more likely to catch this virus from a indoor situation.

The B Teams have certainly earned their place while the first teams just weren't good enough to reach the last 4. Neutrala could go, tickets have been on public sale for the last couple of days and advertised on Roscommon gaa social media.

The_analyser (Roscommon) - Posts: 2760 - 04/10/2020 15:30:32    2295591

Link

Straight forward win for Clann in the 2nd semi final. If the government agree with NPHET recommendations the whole country will be going into level 5 for 4 weeks. So I'm not sure when the Clann v Brigids final will be played plus the NFL and Championship hangs in the balance on tomorrows decision.

The_analyser (Roscommon) - Posts: 2760 - 04/10/2020 21:37:40    2295687

Link

Our rates of infection are skyrocketing at an alarming fashion. As I predicted previously not enough care was given to the idea of crowds at games such as the county final.

whatarewewatching (Roscommon) - Posts: 36 - 05/10/2020 13:21:48    2295792

Link

Replying To whatarewewatching:  "Our rates of infection are skyrocketing at an alarming fashion. As I predicted previously not enough care was given to the idea of crowds at games such as the county final."
How many were linked to games out of interest or are you just throwing this out with nothing to back it up?

Tarismelting22 (Roscommon) - Posts: 590 - 06/10/2020 14:43:26    2296072

Link

Replying To Tarismelting22:  "How many were linked to games out of interest or are you just throwing this out with nothing to back it up?"
They won't release that data but see how swift the GAA have been to suspend all activity. The proof is in the cake there. They're obviously getting info the general public aren't.

whatarewewatching (Roscommon) - Posts: 36 - 06/10/2020 16:17:43    2296097

Link

Replying To whatarewewatching:  "They won't release that data but see how swift the GAA have been to suspend all activity. The proof is in the cake there. They're obviously getting info the general public aren't."
Can you give us your views on the recent county senior, intermediate finals and both junior A semi final from last Sunday and which players stood out in all games? If its good as your knowledge, interest and focus on covid it should be well worth reading.

The_analyser (Roscommon) - Posts: 2760 - 06/10/2020 20:35:27    2296144

Link

Replying To The_analyser:  "Can you give us your views on the recent county senior, intermediate finals and both junior A semi final from last Sunday and which players stood out in all games? If its good as your knowledge, interest and focus on covid it should be well worth reading."
Is that the royal us you use? I'm afraid I have as much knowledge on the virus as yourself which is to say next to nothing, but I know i'm concerned by the casual disregard some people seem to have about it.
I'm afraid I don't follow the junior championship too closely as I am more interested in senior matters, but I know you or similar poster will give us good information on it as always.

whatarewewatching (Roscommon) - Posts: 36 - 06/10/2020 21:08:01    2296152

Link

Replying To whatarewewatching:  "Is that the royal us you use? I'm afraid I have as much knowledge on the virus as yourself which is to say next to nothing, but I know i'm concerned by the casual disregard some people seem to have about it.
I'm afraid I don't follow the junior championship too closely as I am more interested in senior matters, but I know you or similar poster will give us good information on it as always."
At least you are honest that you know next to nothing about covid. Not interested in Junior A fair enough but do go ahead and let us know your views on the senior club championship.

The_analyser (Roscommon) - Posts: 2760 - 06/10/2020 22:08:17    2296163

Link

I think the season is over with the continual rise in cases and counties pulling the plug on all GAA teams. Personally I don't think it is wise to run an inter county in the present climate. Tough to take bit.is the appetite really there for it. I'm not so sure.

moros (Roscommon) - Posts: 996 - 07/10/2020 17:45:50    2296287

Link

Replying To moros:  "I think the season is over with the continual rise in cases and counties pulling the plug on all GAA teams. Personally I don't think it is wise to run an inter county in the present climate. Tough to take bit.is the appetite really there for it. I'm not so sure."
We'll have to wait and see how things goes during the next 3 week with level 3 restrictions, it's guaranteed the next week and a half will remain high case numbers. No improvement after 3 weeks and the plug will be pulled on all sports as we will enter level 5.

If the NFL and Championship goes ahead it will be played behind closed doors and the rapid testing as HQ talked about will need to be introduced quickly.

The_analyser (Roscommon) - Posts: 2760 - 07/10/2020 18:56:11    2296301

Link

It's looking blue for an inter county championship

whatarewewatching (Roscommon) - Posts: 36 - 08/10/2020 09:24:39    2296351

Link