Galway Forum

Galway V Mayo

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Gaagodeo:  "Potential all ireland final for winner of this imo, if dubs are avoided in semi"
The semi will be against the Munster champions Cork or Tipp. Kerry's shock defeat has really opened up that side of the draw.

endgame (Roscommon) - Posts: 1274 - 09/11/2020 08:19:01    2306584

Link

Replying To endgame:  "The semi will be against the Munster champions Cork or Tipp. Kerry's shock defeat has really opened up that side of the draw."
Kerry were over-rated imo, one trick pony

suckvalleypaddy (Galway) - Posts: 1377 - 09/11/2020 10:05:33    2306634

Link

Replying To endgame:  "The semi will be against the Munster champions Cork or Tipp. Kerry's shock defeat has really opened up that side of the draw."
Mildly surprised but not greatly shocked. Kerry were so open down the middle last year against Cork they could have conceded 6 goals. Same issue in the league against us.

Will Tipp put it up to Cork?

Very open championship. Mayo looked powerful but we can beat them. Need serious intensity in our play.

Gaillimh abù

Mayonman (Galway) - Posts: 1292 - 09/11/2020 10:16:30    2306645

Link

Replying To maroondiesel:  "Come back on here when ye bridge the gap from 1951

BTW Kerry were champs on Saturday, Galway were not playing for a title Sunday"
Dont think Maroon Diesel is Mayo :) are you a sleeper agent or what ....catfish

club51 (Mayo) - Posts: 295 - 09/11/2020 10:24:12    2306657

Link

Replying To gbay:  "right ok..alot of rubbish been spoken on here..club 51 wait until ye beat roscommon and us sligo before coming on here.
good lad...back to basics lads..no comer,no dylanwall,no john daly,ian burke and steede struggling and i dont think will take part in sligo game maybe from the bench..weve alot of work to to but we are in very heavy training at the mo so im expecting much better performances when champ comes around and im expecting us to win a connacht title which in p.j. first year of developing a new galway style and transiting new players will be a good year especially with the leaders he is missing..
my team v sligo..
1.gleeson..
2.kelly.
3.mulkerrin.
4.silke.
5.odonnell
6.mcdaid.
7.heaney.
8.darcy..give the man a chance..
9.flynn if fit..if not daly id love to see..
10.brannigan.work horse and a scorer.
11.conroy.
12.leonard. frees and kicking ability.
13.finnerty.
14.walsh.
15.varley.

subs..power.bradshaw.steede( if fit),molloy,sean andy,daly,connolly,tierney,barrett,sice,enda tierney..foley.

injured..comer..daly..wall.steede and burke douthful..
would like to see evan murphy, dylan mchugh, colin brady and darragh silke and eoin finnerry brought into the panel if there not on it already..
very good young players who have all had success at club level..
id also like to see young naughton from moycullen brought into the set up if not now then after xmas..what a talent he is and a real driving force..im also expecting bradshaw and o donnell to retire after this year..great servants and terrific footballers,.its also rumoured donie buckley is joining up after christmas and divilly is pulling out..thats the wrod anyway..any truth in this.."
OK im back we have beaten Sligo as you requested

club51 (Mayo) - Posts: 295 - 09/11/2020 10:25:28    2306658

Link

Are the following on the Galway panel:
Eoghan Kerin
Declan Kyne
David Wynne
Ciaran Duggan
Barry McHugh

Eoghan Kerin has a good record against Cillian O'Connor. The most polite way I could put it is they had a few enjoyable contest.
Declan Kyne the same but I think he has been cast aside
Ciaran Duggan was flying it a couple of years ago, seem to go off the scene?
Barry McHugh Id like him in for frees off the ground in november in pearse stadium

hailrainorsnow (Galway) - Posts: 56 - 09/11/2020 10:30:29    2306666

Link

Replying To hailrainorsnow:  "Are the following on the Galway panel:
Eoghan Kerin
Declan Kyne
David Wynne
Ciaran Duggan
Barry McHugh

Eoghan Kerin has a good record against Cillian O'Connor. The most polite way I could put it is they had a few enjoyable contest.
Declan Kyne the same but I think he has been cast aside
Ciaran Duggan was flying it a couple of years ago, seem to go off the scene?
Barry McHugh Id like him in for frees off the ground in november in pearse stadium"
None of them, so a pointless post..

Galwaymaster9 (Galway) - Posts: 269 - 09/11/2020 10:54:22    2306686

Link

No, none of those are on the panel. Duggan is injured and the rest were dropped. No problem dropping lads, but you have to have superior alternatives to take their places. Do we have 2 better corner backs than Eoghan Kerin heading into this weekend? Are the goalkeepers that are on the panel any better than Rory Lavelle? If you took a job as an inter-county manager without having any coaching experience, would you bring in the best possible coaches with you, or would you bring in your friends?

renoir (Galway) - Posts: 20 - 09/11/2020 11:03:04    2306695

Link

anybody no if peter cooke is coming home after one year in the u.s...
kerin in my eyes is a loss..very tigerish and aggressive.,ok give away stupid fouls but that can be worked on..

gbay (Galway) - Posts: 48 - 09/11/2020 13:00:41    2306775

Link

Galway will need absolute hunger and manic work-rate in the Connacht final. If we get this I think we have the beating of Mayo. If I see manic work-rate and intense pressure when not in possession and we still lose Id take that, but not a lackluster performance a la the league.

The_DOC (Galway) - Posts: 631 - 09/11/2020 15:39:17    2306862

Link

If we don't push up on Clarke's kick-outs and allow them easy ball, they will beat us on frees alone.
There is an obsession with Duggan and Cooke on here, both played one good game against Mayo on separate occasions and get talked about on here as if they have turned into Ciaran Whelan overnight. Also for the people picking teams and starting the likes of K.Molloy, M Farragher , Kerins and so on, these guys could not start in the league, do you really think they're going to be thrown in the starting 15 against possibly the most in form county in Ireland at the moment?

Fewpucks24 (Galway) - Posts: 116 - 09/11/2020 16:04:02    2306873

Link

Replying To renoir:  "No, none of those are on the panel. Duggan is injured and the rest were dropped. No problem dropping lads, but you have to have superior alternatives to take their places. Do we have 2 better corner backs than Eoghan Kerin heading into this weekend? Are the goalkeepers that are on the panel any better than Rory Lavelle? If you took a job as an inter-county manager without having any coaching experience, would you bring in the best possible coaches with you, or would you bring in your friends?"
Eoghan Kerin got loads of chances and got plenty of roastings. Sean Kelly, Heaney and Liam Silke all better options.
Power better than Lavelle - but maybe Lavelle as a sub. Again, had loads of chances and didn't hang onto jersey.
Not sure why you are having a crack at Joyce - Galway were flying before Covid? Divilly is more than a friend he has a proven track record as a coach.

hopballref (Galway) - Posts: 247 - 09/11/2020 16:06:04    2306876

Link

I'd fear for us this weekend. Knockout football requires teams to be moving well, have a good structure in place and players willing to fight for every ball and not give up when things get tough, im not so sure we do at present. When mayo upped the tempo and intensity in Limerick last year a lot of our lads were found wanting. Cooke was one of a few last year and Kyne that were able to win there battles and took the game to mayo with championship intensity. Both are not involved this year. It's time now for lads that get plenty chances/hype to actually show what they are made of Daly, Silke,mcdaid, heaney are due performances. Fitness and injuries of some players should give new lads a chance. But I'd be looking for more experienced players to get their hands dirty. It's a strange year so anything can happen..

Gman14 (Galway) - Posts: 64 - 09/11/2020 17:34:19    2306925

Link

Replying To Gman14:  "I'd fear for us this weekend. Knockout football requires teams to be moving well, have a good structure in place and players willing to fight for every ball and not give up when things get tough, im not so sure we do at present. When mayo upped the tempo and intensity in Limerick last year a lot of our lads were found wanting. Cooke was one of a few last year and Kyne that were able to win there battles and took the game to mayo with championship intensity. Both are not involved this year. It's time now for lads that get plenty chances/hype to actually show what they are made of Daly, Silke,mcdaid, heaney are due performances. Fitness and injuries of some players should give new lads a chance. But I'd be looking for more experienced players to get their hands dirty. It's a strange year so anything can happen.."
Whats the Galway for yerra........

Arah sham, the panel is as bhurst as eyre square on rag week.......I prefer the hurling anyway.......but we will tip on up and see how we get on

club51 (Mayo) - Posts: 295 - 11/11/2020 10:25:37    2307465

Link

Replying To club51:  "Whats the Galway for yerra........

Arah sham, the panel is as bhurst as eyre square on rag week.......I prefer the hurling anyway.......but we will tip on up and see how we get on"
Do you often post the exact same message on multiple threads for kicks or what's the craic?

galwayman2 (Galway) - Posts: 788 - 11/11/2020 11:42:22    2307505

Link