UK Forum

The Future Of London GAA After Covid-19

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To edshamrocks:  "Any views inda hurling,how's my old club fr.Murphys doing,see.they have no win yet.why did bardon leave???"
Murphys struggling at senior this year, Gabriels, Emmetts and Pearses looking most likely to win it out. Pearses been impressive so far in their centenary year. Kilburn or McCurtains to take final semi final place

Rosineri1 (UK) - Posts: 2013 - 15/10/2020 12:06:19    2297758

Link

Replying To Rosineri1:  "Murphys struggling at senior this year, Gabriels, Emmetts and Pearses looking most likely to win it out. Pearses been impressive so far in their centenary year. Kilburn or McCurtains to take final semi final place"
Cheers Rossi
Thanks fir the reply as always

edshamrocks (Wexford) - Posts: 338 - 15/10/2020 12:33:48    2297765

Link

Some interesting scores at the weekend. TCG were poor by all accounts and St Kiernans struggled against North London. Fulham seem to be coming good with a big win against Round Towers. In Intermediate Dulwich and Brendans seem to be the stand out teams though St Joes, Parnells and even Eire Og would also fancy their chances. TCG Junior team seem to have faded badly compared to other years. Harlesden Harps seem to have got a strong side this season and are probably heavy favourites to win the Junior

LondainEire (UK) - Posts: 10 - 19/10/2020 12:23:43    2299128

Link

Senior is open this year. Towers v Neasden will be a big game, Neasden had a goalfest v KKG. Fulhams scoreline v Towers was impressive. Dulwich have building nicely the last few years but Inter still wide open, TCG I think may have lost some players to the senior team. Harlesden will want a quick return to Inter, dont want to get stuck down there.
For Ed, Murphys came up short for Kilburn on Sat, Pearses struggled to overcome McCurtains and Treacys looking good for Intermediate

Rosineri1 (UK) - Posts: 2013 - 19/10/2020 13:42:50    2299179

Link

Yeah another interesting week of results both Fulham and Neasden hammering KKG and Towers. Could Neasden be coming in as dark horses after been written off ?
As expected TCG came out on top of TMC - seemed tight until half time before they pulled away. Shamrocks put it up to Kiernans and unlcuky not to win i was told. Looking ahead Its the same semi finalists as last year but i think there could be a new name on the trophy this year, going to be brave or foolish and predict TCG wont retain the title this year. Fulham or Kiernans for me

Big response from Joes this week coming back to beat Parnells well and another big victory for Dulwich against Cu's. TCG inters must have lost a lot to senior team can be the only explaination for their collapse this year. Eire Og I'm sure will fancy their chances too and Brendan still moving well - maybe Dulwich to do back to back promotions - be some going!

Junior prob agree with previous posts that Harlsden seemed to have recruited well and looking good. Clarets would be dark horses here i think. Lets just hope the championships get to finish with everything else going on

LondainGael (UK) - Posts: 8 - 20/10/2020 12:59:31    2299564

Link

It;s definitely a year not to take previous years into account too much. Saying that I'd never write tcg off. Kierans would want be beating NLS by a bit more to suggest a proper challenge. Fulham easy 2nd favourites at moment. Heard NLS and former Donegal keeper a massive addition to them. Think actually Dulwich /Eire og stronger side of draw and could see them meeting later. TCG juniors were a a shadow of what like other years. Joes lost a few more then most so not sure on them, . Harlsden and perennially Junior challengers Clarets to battle Junior out..

Jimmycricket (Meath) - Posts: 75 - 20/10/2020 13:15:20    2299569

Link

Have to agree with Jimmycricket about not taking last year into account at all. TCG not the same it seems, Gavaghan injured, no Butler and I fancy Kiernans to go all the way. Apparently have recruited well and getting excellent numbers. Neasden seem to have lost Doran/Clarke and still haven't managed to recruit any defenders it seems so won't be in contention although strong from midfield up.

In the intermediate I was surprised to see Joes beat Parnells convincingly after their shock loss to Brendans the week before. The inside line is that they had 5/6 illegal players and an objection has gone in. Any truth to this or just pub talk? Fancy the winner to come from either Dulwich or Eire Og, possibly giving Dulwich the edge having that bit of momentum from winning the junior last year and winning the group game encounter. In the Junior hard to see anything but a Clarets v Harlesden final which I fancy Harps to win and a swift return to inter ranks.

ballymoreboy34 (UK) - Posts: 4 - 20/10/2020 15:18:04    2299638

Link

Replying To Jimmycricket:  "It;s definitely a year not to take previous years into account too much. Saying that I'd never write tcg off. Kierans would want be beating NLS by a bit more to suggest a proper challenge. Fulham easy 2nd favourites at moment. Heard NLS and former Donegal keeper a massive addition to them. Think actually Dulwich /Eire og stronger side of draw and could see them meeting later. TCG juniors were a a shadow of what like other years. Joes lost a few more then most so not sure on them, . Harlsden and perennially Junior challengers Clarets to battle Junior out.."
To be fair to NLS it looks as though they have improved a lot from last year even though they are now out of the running for a semi final spot. They only lost to TCG by 3 and Kiernans by 1 and by the sounds of it were competitive in both games.

Kiernans and TCG look to be fairly close based on their two results, both had tight games with NLS and both beat McCurtains well. They are playing each other this week and both will want to get the win to avoid Fulham who look the best in the other group.

It looks like Neasden will have too much for Towers and take the remaining semi final spot.

Going to go with Fulham to win it outright.

Offtheball10 (Meath) - Posts: 6 - 20/10/2020 15:32:40    2299647

Link

Replying To Offtheball10:  "To be fair to NLS it looks as though they have improved a lot from last year even though they are now out of the running for a semi final spot. They only lost to TCG by 3 and Kiernans by 1 and by the sounds of it were competitive in both games.

Kiernans and TCG look to be fairly close based on their two results, both had tight games with NLS and both beat McCurtains well. They are playing each other this week and both will want to get the win to avoid Fulham who look the best in the other group.

It looks like Neasden will have too much for Towers and take the remaining semi final spot.

Going to go with Fulham to win it outright."
I wasn't aware tcg and nls was so tight. I presume Neasden have lost a couple of the heavy hitters but yea agreed they'll topple towers handy enough you'd imagine.

Jimmycricket (Meath) - Posts: 75 - 20/10/2020 16:25:00    2299661

Link

Replying To ballymoreboy34:  "Have to agree with Jimmycricket about not taking last year into account at all. TCG not the same it seems, Gavaghan injured, no Butler and I fancy Kiernans to go all the way. Apparently have recruited well and getting excellent numbers. Neasden seem to have lost Doran/Clarke and still haven't managed to recruit any defenders it seems so won't be in contention although strong from midfield up.

In the intermediate I was surprised to see Joes beat Parnells convincingly after their shock loss to Brendans the week before. The inside line is that they had 5/6 illegal players and an objection has gone in. Any truth to this or just pub talk? Fancy the winner to come from either Dulwich or Eire Og, possibly giving Dulwich the edge having that bit of momentum from winning the junior last year and winning the group game encounter. In the Junior hard to see anything but a Clarets v Harlesden final which I fancy Harps to win and a swift return to inter ranks."
heard that bout Joes alright, poor enough in this age to be at that. be 48 weeks bans you'd imagine. Dulwich looked v impressive in last years final, but I think they could be weaker this year, shows how level of inter has digressed a bit. V little between top of junior and interanks,

Jimmycricket (Meath) - Posts: 75 - 21/10/2020 09:23:16    2299812

Link

There seems to be pretty conclusive evidence online regarding one player in particular who played in Tyrone just last month. Will be interesting to see how it is dealt with.

Has been a large number of transfers into UK recently, its obviously a unique season during the pandemic but the rules still apply. Timely reminder to all other clubs thinking of chancing it!!!

thejockey (UK) - Posts: 117 - 21/10/2020 10:47:17    2299834

Link

Replying To Jimmycricket:  "I wasn't aware tcg and nls was so tight. I presume Neasden have lost a couple of the heavy hitters but yea agreed they'll topple towers handy enough you'd imagine."
Harrison is still playing and I believe they have a new player from Down who was very good at the weekend, Clarke I had heard a few weeks back was due to play but he lined out for Armagh on Saturday evening.

Rosineri1 (UK) - Posts: 2013 - 21/10/2020 10:51:18    2299837

Link

Replying To thejockey:  "There seems to be pretty conclusive evidence online regarding one player in particular who played in Tyrone just last month. Will be interesting to see how it is dealt with.

Has been a large number of transfers into UK recently, its obviously a unique season during the pandemic but the rules still apply. Timely reminder to all other clubs thinking of chancing it!!!"
I see the StJoes cover up has started...
Said St Joes player from Tyrone who has now played two championships has had the facebook evidence taken down....
Luckily in this day and age, some people screenshot the evidence before it was deleted.

How will the county board act?
No doubt there are several others elsewhere.

StoneCowboy (UK) - Posts: 15 - 22/10/2020 11:10:40    2300163

Link

Replying To StoneCowboy:  "I see the StJoes cover up has started...
Said St Joes player from Tyrone who has now played two championships has had the facebook evidence taken down....
Luckily in this day and age, some people screenshot the evidence before it was deleted.

How will the county board act?
No doubt there are several others elsewhere."
Parnells have definitely lodged an official objection so you would imagine a verdict would be needed before the final round of group fixtures this weekend.

In the days of social media, It wasn't long before the pictures were doing the rounds on whatapp. The removal of these pictures from facebook does seem like an admission of guilt alright.

thejockey (UK) - Posts: 117 - 22/10/2020 18:08:28    2300319

Link

Surely the rule is, whoever your registered to play with for the year , you have to play with. Obvs playing for another champo in same year is concrete evidence. But say I'm with a club in london,, and transfer back to Ireland, (but don't end up playing with them) I still can't play with my former club in london ,untill i'm transferred back over to them . Correct? Otherwise lads and ladies would be choosing who to play with every year.

Jimmycricket (Meath) - Posts: 75 - 23/10/2020 07:42:18    2300413

Link

Replying To Jimmycricket:  "Surely the rule is, whoever your registered to play with for the year , you have to play with. Obvs playing for another champo in same year is concrete evidence. But say I'm with a club in london,, and transfer back to Ireland, (but don't end up playing with them) I still can't play with my former club in london ,untill i'm transferred back over to them . Correct? Otherwise lads and ladies would be choosing who to play with every year."
Its a well known rule that if a player has played championship in a county who then transfers to another club is allowed to play out the championship of the former, i.e. his original club. So if you play Championship in say Dublin in April but transfer to a London club in June you can continue to represent your Dublin club in championship until the end of the season, but you obviously can't play championship in your new county. However in the St Joes scenario they have played championship in two counties in a single season so that is illegal.

whoareya (Donegal) - Posts: 51 - 23/10/2020 16:50:59    2300576

Link

London County Board Fixtures

Saturday 31st October
Intermediate Hurling Championship S/F Fulham Irish v CuChullains Ruislip 12.30pm
Intermediate Hurling Championship S/F Sean Treacys v St Gabriels B Ruislip 2.30pm

Sunday 1st November
Senior Hurling Championship S/F Bros Pearse v Kilburn Gaels Ruislip 12.30pm
Senior Hurling Championship S/F Robert Emmets v St Gabriels Ruislip 2.30pm
Reserve Football Championship R5 Refixture Fulham Irish v North London Shamrocks Greenford P2 12pm

Saturday 7th November
Senior Football Championship S/F TirChonaill Gaels v Neasden Gaels Ruislip 12pm
Senior Football Championship S/F Fulham Irish v St Kiernans Ruislip 2pm
Intermediate Football Championship S/F Dulwich Harps v St Josephs* Greenford P1 12pm
Intermediate Football Championship S/F St Brendans v Eire Og Greenford P2 12pm
Junior Football Championship S/F Wandsworh Gaels v Harlesden Harps Greenford P1 2pm
Junior Football Championship S/F St Clarets v Tara Greenford P2 2pm

Sunday 8th November
Intermediate Hurling Championship F Sean Treacys/Gabriels B v Fulham/CuChullains Ruislip 12pm
Senior Hurling Championship F Emmets/Gabriels v Pearses/Kilburn Ruislip 2pm

* Subject to an objection

All Championship Semi Finals are Finish on the Day
If teams are level after extra time, penalties will decide the winner. Five penalties each followed by sudden death.
The five penalty takers and goalkeeper must come from players on the pitch at the end of extra time.
Names must be given to the referee. Only the five named can take penalties.
Venues subject to alteration dependent on weather

biro (Limerick) - Posts: 10 - 26/10/2020 08:31:36    2301462

Link

Replying To whoareya:  "Its a well known rule that if a player has played championship in a county who then transfers to another club is allowed to play out the championship of the former, i.e. his original club. So if you play Championship in say Dublin in April but transfer to a London club in June you can continue to represent your Dublin club in championship until the end of the season, but you obviously can't play championship in your new county. However in the St Joes scenario they have played championship in two counties in a single season so that is illegal."
Can't see any way out of this for Joe's other than expulsion if it is as clear cut as being said. Who will replace them in the semi final if this happens? I have a feeling this could end up in the Intermediate getting dragged out.

All hurling this weekend, think Gabriels and Pearses will come through with Gabriels to win it out.

In the football, Kiernans & TCG to meet in the final with Kiernans to shade it.

We are in for a rough week of weather so hopefully Ruislip can hold up under the pressure & see out these championships, they have been entertaining so far and badly needed.

biro (Limerick) - Posts: 10 - 26/10/2020 08:46:24    2301469

Link

Senior down to the semi's as expected - Neasden getting over the line against towers, Maher not managing to work any magic !!! Kiernans and TCG a draw was interesting - i'd have expected Kiernans to win there if they are serious about winning out! TMC ran out convinving winners against Shamrocks in the dead rubber which is a good confidence boost for them i suppose while KKG conceded to Fulham which is dissapointing. Whats happened to KKG? Just seem to be struggling big time last number of years. Hard to know will the rest benefit or hinder Fulham.

The Joes situation rumbles on but surely they will get thrown out! Dulwich and Eire Og to battle it out i think - nice to see both clubs doing well although Brendans might have something to say about that.

Kiernans junior unlucky to lose out on score difference but big one was Clarets turning over Harlsden- Clarets surely will take a lot of confidence from that.

LondainGael (UK) - Posts: 8 - 27/10/2020 11:54:53    2301934

Link

Feel St Kiernans and TCG will win through to the senior final

Fancy Brendans against Eire Og.

Think Clarets and Harlesden will meet again in the final. Clarets should beat Tara easily enough.

What's happened to the TCG homegrown team this year? Don't think too many have moved up to senior have they so have lads just dropped off this year? Seen them a couple of times and they've looked disjointed and slower.

St Kiernans juniors are not far off challenging. Just lacking the strength the likes of Clarets/Harlesden/Wandsworth have but they'll get there in time.

WestAwake88 (Galway) - Posts: 65 - 27/10/2020 12:43:38    2301960

Link