Fermanagh Forum

Tempo Maguires GAC - Fermanagh Champions 2012

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Congratulations to Tempo Maguires on last nights achievement.
A sporting game & credit to both clubs.
Full admiration for Skea & a few really sporting moments during the presentation and speech. (Bring back the Fr O'Dowd Cup for sportsmanship)

Well done to Eugene & his team of officials also.

Lets all get behind the Maguires as they head into Ulster against St Galls.

high.catch (UK) - Posts: 153 - 30/09/2012 08:18:55    1274943

Link

Many weren't that happy that this final should have went ahead at this time considering that Lisnaskea would be a great disadvantage due to the tragic lost of their captain. The county board under the circumstances should have scheduled for a later date. However, considering that the CCC did not postpone the game, I was hoping being what some might call a fence sitter, that the result would be at least a draw in order to give Skea more motivation to go for the kill in the replay. It was obvious from the beginning that the better team throughout the season were not focussed properly on the game allowing Tempo to easily take the credit in the absence of Skea's usual high standard of play. Again, Tempo find themselves in another opportunistic situation went they have been drawn on home turf with an Antrim club who are credited more with hurling success than Gaelic football. Like many last night, I feel that Tempo haven't been really tested as yet to merit them as true county champions 2012.

GalloonBaffoon (Fermanagh) - Posts: 106 - 30/09/2012 12:36:28    1275024

Link

i'm inclined to agree wif the baffoon. Tempo's luck started when St Joes unexpectantly lost to Erne Gaels through poor on the day game plan management. enuff said about that. thereafter, it was plain sailing for them until they had to meet Skea in the final.
Again, Tempo couldnt believe their luck when Skea found themselves in unfortunate circumstances. but based to skea's league run and them having numerous county players, the betting would have favoured them for cup and league champions this year.
Tempo's luck seems to be continuing with an Antrim pairing in the Ulsters but are the 2012 Fermanagh senior champions up to Crossmaglen's standard?
i'm not so sure, you decide?

Random (Fermanagh) - Posts: 12 - 30/09/2012 14:09:50    1275064

Link

Typical Fermanagh people running down the achievement, at the end of the day when you look back at this year its going to say a Tempo Senior Championship win, it wont say how they done or what the weather was that day, only the result will be etched into the history books.

So fairplay to a good young team and i hope they have a good run in Ulster.

Love_Leckers (Fermanagh) - Posts: 342 - 30/09/2012 14:45:20    1275082

Link

what the hell are you idiots on about. Tempo have hammered every team they have met in the championship this year and they are above skea in the league. And you say st galls are known as hurling team? do you actually follow gaelic games at all? st galls have won the antrim football championship for 6 years in a row and won the all ireland club in 2010, aye they are a handy draw for tempo all right. credit to tempo on a great performance and good luck to them in ulster, how about getting behind them instead of being so bitter and trying to put them down.

sinesine (Fermanagh) - Posts: 9 - 30/09/2012 14:52:48    1275084

Link

Tempo Play St Galls in Brewster Park, Doubt they will be able win but will be closer than usual. Cross to win Ulster Again.

matthewb86 (Dublin) - Posts: 16 - 30/09/2012 17:17:37    1275163

Link

sinesine your Tempo side are not top of the league so talking about Lisnaskea's league position at this point and time is meaniless. The broader view of the league table shows Lisnaskea at the top or near there for most of the season unlike Tempo who atruggled around the league middle for most of the season.

As for going much further in championships this year is being very ambitious for Tempo but there is always the possibility but there again many have said that pig can fly too!

Commiserations to Lisnaskea.

YesterdaysMan (Fermanagh) - Posts: 732 - 30/09/2012 17:37:14    1275188

Link

There really is some miserable/jealous people on this. Fair play to Tempo best team in the county won the championship. Ciaran Mc Elroy or Ryan Keenan man of the match for me. Could see them giving St Galls a good game as they have a good team all over and a few subs to come in, plus home advantage will be big. As far as i know the game could be played in Tempo as well.

OffTheFence11 (Fermanagh) - Posts: 43 - 30/09/2012 17:38:59    1275191

Link

if tempo are so good then let them prove it in the league play-off if they indeed make into the final 4!

Coa_gael (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1159 - 30/09/2012 19:52:09    1275300

Link

It is unfair to blame the CCC for the match going ahead. My understanding is that Skea were given the opportunity to put back the final but decided to go ahead with the original fixture. I feel sorry for the Skea footballers and club. They have put alot of effort in only to be derailed by the most tragic of events. Its been a tough few weeks. Maybe emotionally too much. On the night Tempo were the better team especially in the second half. Had Skea taken their chances in the first half and if John Woods had stayed on, it may have been a tighter contest in the end. But they didnt and Tempo played well and deserved their win. Damien Kelly played well. Tempo dominated midfield in the second half. Ciaran McElroy won alot of break ball and Ryan Keenan caused lots of problems up front. They'll give St Galls all sorts of problems. But, as with most Fermanagh club sides, their midfield may not just be good enough for ulster.

Nontheism (Fermanagh) - Posts: 105 - 01/10/2012 10:06:29    1275454

Link

these ppl knocking tempo's achievement and blaming the county board and the ccc obviously do not read any of the local papers. tempo and the county board were willing to play the final at a later date giving the tragic circumstances that skea had found themselves, ultimately the decision was in skea's hands were they decided upon playing the match as arranged. congratulations to tempo hopeflly get a good run in ulster but st gall's would be a tough ask

hsbrigade (Fermanagh) - Posts: 11 - 01/10/2012 11:37:52    1275535

Link

ARE THE NEW SENIOR CHAMPIONS THE BEST COUNTY REPRESENTATIVES?

There appears to be a lot of concern about how Tempo took the senior championship title and rightly so.

Witnessing the final at first hand, I neither am impressed or optimistic for Tempo's future in the Ulster Club Championship.

The first half was the better and after that. Tempo looked good but that's because Skea lost the will to win but I believe in different circumstances they would have walked this final easily.

Tempo next outing against St Galls will be a more testing affair and that will be the litmus test if they are as good as high.catch and other redneck supporters believe. Let's get real here, Antrim are known for their hurling success and not football. For posters to suddenly elevate St Galls achievements as great should bear in mind the poor quality of gaelic football in that county.

If, as expected, Tempo tumble at the first hurdle in the Ulsters, then they will have let their county down and weren't really the better representatives to go through at this time.

IrvinestownMkII (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1383 - 01/10/2012 13:20:37    1275626

Link

Eh Sham...St Galls won the All Ireland only 3 years ago. I suppose we better start questioning the football ability of the rest of Ireland.

gotmilk (Fermanagh) - Posts: 4971 - 01/10/2012 13:42:37    1275654

Link

Fair play to Tempo for winning the Campionship. You will have the "what if" men talking for the next few weeks but at the end of the day it will be your name on the trophy and to hell with what anyone else thinks. Commiserations to Lisnaskea, but i have no doubt this team will be back for another bite at the cherry.

stpats1 (Fermanagh) - Posts: 38 - 01/10/2012 16:36:28    1275845

Link

Irvinestown & Gallonn Baffoon: Your lack of knowledge of St.Galls and Antrim football is laughable. St.Galls were all ireland club champions in 2009. They are without doubt in the top tier of club teams in Ulster. They will absloutely tear Tempo apart ( with all respect to them ). They are one of the most potent teams around. Indeed , they will run Cross very close this year!

conair0 (Antrim) - Posts: 45 - 01/10/2012 20:58:34    1276081

Link

All these comments are as boring as the team that is being talked about and that about sums up Fermanagh club football at the moment. Boring!

gaalltheway (Fermanagh) - Posts: 758 - 01/10/2012 21:14:57    1276100

Link

You are so right gaalltheway. Last 2 games of the season and there's only 5 possibly 6 teams fighting for top 4 in Divison 1. Theres only 4 teams at the bottom all fighting out to avoid relegation. That's only all 10 teams in Div 1 with something to play for at the tail end of the season. In Division 2 there are only 2 teams, including your own Enniskillen, fighting out for 2nd place and promotion and only another two teams below that fighting it out for 4th place. We just have newly crowned Championship winners. Top 4 playoffs to come and league finals. I wish it was back in the late 90's and early 2000's when Enniskillen dominated everything. I don't know why the clubs even bother training. This is all sooooo boring.

Nontheism (Fermanagh) - Posts: 105 - 02/10/2012 10:03:49    1276189

Link

God it never ceases to amaze me how in this county we have such people giving opinions on fan forums such as this and making us look incredibly negative, divided and clueless. Regardless of whether the majority are doing it for a reaction or just wind ups to amuse yourselves is irrelevant, its the fact that you put 'fermanagh' under your user nicknames that dissapoints. Congratulations to Tempo, regardless of circumstances pre championship final, all you can do is go out and try to win a final you deservedly got to and you done it. I for one will be supporting you all the way in the ulster club. As was rightly posted, st.galls are a super power club of ulster football (allbeit very much helped by influx of players from outside their catchment in recent years through work etc) however im 100% sure it will not be the whitewash people are predicting. Good luck and well done.

RedRum (Fermanagh) - Posts: 265 - 02/10/2012 10:48:41    1276230

Link

Was this the right thing to do or was the Lisnaskea Captain placed in a position where he had no option?
http://fermanagh.gaa.ie/championship-final-in-picture/gaa_senior-championship-final_lisnaskea-v-tempo_brewster-park_29-19/

Nontheism (Fermanagh) - Posts: 105 - 02/10/2012 12:00:25    1276280

Link

i have refrained so far from commenting because I feel sorry for skea who should have been the 2012 senior champions but for tragic circumstances but there are some issues that have annoyed me and i cannot let go. for a belnalecker poster to state that tempo are a young team is untrue as most of the fielding team on saturday night were over 25. The captain is heading for 30 and what some describe as the best player on the night, the elder Keenan is older. It is well researched that a football player peaks between 22 - 24 and thereafter it is a sliding decline with 29 being the normal end of their useful career at top level football. the next point relates to the antrim club, st galls whom many are dismissing as an ulster worthy team. i can assure you they couldn't be further from the truth as st galls will eat tempo alive going by what i have seen of both teams. another issue is these judge and jury posters, the galloon baffoon (alias macca999) and gussie (alias not.gussie) who mouth away about what their narrow minds believe are correct views and neither know what they are talking about. personally, i have nothing against tempo but do not think they are the best fermanagh senior team to represent our county but i may be proved wrong. let us see what comes of their ulster game before judging them any further at this stage.

cillnaile. (Fermanagh) - Posts: 959 - 02/10/2012 21:33:54    1276882

Link